Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand 10:08 - Apr 27 with 2069 viewsFrimleyBlue

Really annoying that they voted against a kop style stand due to losing sunlight etc.

I get why. But it would have been a great stand

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:12 - Apr 27 with 2002 viewsMattinLondon

I thought that it was always going to be a two-tier stand but due to objections its size was scaled down by a few metres?
Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:31 - Apr 27 with 1850 viewsNthQldITFC

I was trying to induce the majestic 5,000 to bring that stand back from Barnsley in their pockets! Would be a great stand (in a modernised form) as a North Stand.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:34 - Apr 27 with 1835 viewsBent_double

I'm amazed that planning permission was given for the current design, considering how the SBR towers over those houses just a few metres away, obviously no objections from the home owners, and perhaps everyone on the planning committee was a Town fan.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:37 - Apr 27 with 1771 viewsSwansea_Blue

If they were clever about it they could re-develop the houses as well - integrate 3 or 4 story town houses into the stand and then they could each have their own balcony /box overlooking the pitch.

Be a bit of a sod if you'd been on nights and wanted to get some kip during match day though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:38 - Apr 27 with 1769 viewsPhilTWTD

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:12 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

I thought that it was always going to be a two-tier stand but due to objections its size was scaled down by a few metres?

I don't think there was any objection other than the building of the stand full stop, that proper procedures weren't followed.

Malster Loses Battle 1st Nov 2001 09:14
Rose Malster has lost her battle to have the North Stand stopped. The Alderman Road resident was seeking to have the case taken to the European Court but Appeal Court judges refused permission for her to do this yesterday. 0

North Stand Case Latest 16th Aug 2001 13:45
The judicial review aimed at overturning Ipswich Borough Council's planning permission for the North Stand has begun at the High Court. Local residents Rose Malster and David Cox are seeking to have planning permission withdrawn halting work on the new stand. 0

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:39 - Apr 27 with 1751 viewsPhilTWTD

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:34 - Apr 27 by Bent_double

I'm amazed that planning permission was given for the current design, considering how the SBR towers over those houses just a few metres away, obviously no objections from the home owners, and perhaps everyone on the planning committee was a Town fan.

Town bought the house on the end of the row. Not sure whether they still own it.
Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:54 - Apr 27 with 1595 viewshype313

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:39 - Apr 27 by PhilTWTD

Town bought the house on the end of the row. Not sure whether they still own it.

Shame they couldn't buy all 12

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:59 - Apr 27 with 1526 viewsMattinLondon

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:54 - Apr 27 by hype313

Shame they couldn't buy all 12

Isn’t that what Liverpool did to ensure that no one objected to their stadium expansion?
Login to get fewer ads

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:00 - Apr 27 with 1524 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:38 - Apr 27 by PhilTWTD

I don't think there was any objection other than the building of the stand full stop, that proper procedures weren't followed.

Malster Loses Battle 1st Nov 2001 09:14
Rose Malster has lost her battle to have the North Stand stopped. The Alderman Road resident was seeking to have the case taken to the European Court but Appeal Court judges refused permission for her to do this yesterday. 0

North Stand Case Latest 16th Aug 2001 13:45
The judicial review aimed at overturning Ipswich Borough Council's planning permission for the North Stand has begun at the High Court. Local residents Rose Malster and David Cox are seeking to have planning permission withdrawn halting work on the new stand. 0

Of Rose Malster had won, the North Stand would have remained open during that season, our home form may have been better, and we might have got the extra point needed to stave off relegation.

Or, even if we had been relegated, the debt would have been much smaller, and Administration may have been avoided.

I see the North Stand Planning Appeal as the Home win that most damaged Ipswich Town Football Club.
Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:01 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewshype313

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:59 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

Isn’t that what Liverpool did to ensure that no one objected to their stadium expansion?

Yep, but when you're only needing to drop £80k on 25 houses it's not much of an issue...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:05 - Apr 27 with 1479 viewsBent_double

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:01 - Apr 27 by hype313

Yep, but when you're only needing to drop £80k on 25 houses it's not much of an issue...

Not to mention the fact that you would need to be very brave (or very stupid/Everton fan) to have objected to that in Liverpool

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:13 - Apr 27 with 1341 viewsblueasfook

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:00 - Apr 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

Of Rose Malster had won, the North Stand would have remained open during that season, our home form may have been better, and we might have got the extra point needed to stave off relegation.

Or, even if we had been relegated, the debt would have been much smaller, and Administration may have been avoided.

I see the North Stand Planning Appeal as the Home win that most damaged Ipswich Town Football Club.

Rose Malster tried to save the club from relegation!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 11:28 - Apr 27 with 1258 viewsWarkTheWark

Houses behind Sir Bobby Stand on 10:39 - Apr 27 by PhilTWTD

Not knowing much about the history of the build etc, being 10 or so at the time, how structural is the second tier? After being to a number of central-European grounds i'd love for them to put a steep kop end in (plausibly with safe standing).

Long-wind for "can we put a single tier into existing structure?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024