Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sport podcast recommendations 09:55 - Mar 24 with 388 viewsclive_baker

I'm specifically looking for recommendations on the business side of sport (UK), does anyone have any suggestions? Could be Football, Rugby, Cricket etc.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sport podcast recommendations on 10:11 - Mar 24 with 351 viewsDanTheMan

The Price of Football? Kieran Maguire's podcast.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sport podcast recommendations on 10:38 - Mar 24 with 330 viewsitfcjoe

Football wise - the price of football is a decent listen but don't think you'd find much on there you don't already know unless listen to the specific episodes with guests on. It can be a bit 'banter' at times. The guys have a good chemistry but there is too much in there that was too basic for me

General Sport wise - the Sports Pro podcast is a good listen, some episodes are a bit take it or leave it but often get some really interesting and broad ones.

For football - on the Athletic Daily podcast you'll find once every week or two one episode will be on business of sports, just need to see which episode Matt Slater is in and listen to them and they are good, but think for UK specific sports it will be needing to do a fair bit of that. Look for the biggest podcasts and see by episode description which ones are about that as there aren't many that are totally dedicated to business of sport all the time.

American Sports a different ball game - lots of pods where they have former GMs and Execs hosting them whoch really get into the detail of it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sport podcast recommendations on 11:04 - Mar 24 with 308 viewsle2blue

I've just started listening to Accomplishment by Michael Barber, not specifically about sports but he does have a number of people from the sports industry talking about their roles, in particular those who have changed industries or roles such as Dave Brailsford at Ineos. Generally really good content, highly recommend it.
Sport podcast recommendations on 11:07 - Mar 24 with 306 viewsle2blue

Sport podcast recommendations on 11:04 - Mar 24 by le2blue

I've just started listening to Accomplishment by Michael Barber, not specifically about sports but he does have a number of people from the sports industry talking about their roles, in particular those who have changed industries or roles such as Dave Brailsford at Ineos. Generally really good content, highly recommend it.

Another one is Training Ground Guru, all about the football industry and has some good content. Actually one of the best programs is the one they've just done with Stuart Webber at Norwich, he talks about the development process they've been on in terms of organization design and investment into their facilities. A few poeple from his team are now at Ipswich.
Sport podcast recommendations on 13:06 - Mar 24 with 257 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sport podcast recommendations on 10:38 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

Football wise - the price of football is a decent listen but don't think you'd find much on there you don't already know unless listen to the specific episodes with guests on. It can be a bit 'banter' at times. The guys have a good chemistry but there is too much in there that was too basic for me

General Sport wise - the Sports Pro podcast is a good listen, some episodes are a bit take it or leave it but often get some really interesting and broad ones.

For football - on the Athletic Daily podcast you'll find once every week or two one episode will be on business of sports, just need to see which episode Matt Slater is in and listen to them and they are good, but think for UK specific sports it will be needing to do a fair bit of that. Look for the biggest podcasts and see by episode description which ones are about that as there aren't many that are totally dedicated to business of sport all the time.

American Sports a different ball game - lots of pods where they have former GMs and Execs hosting them whoch really get into the detail of it

Could you recommend a couple of those America ones Joe ? I watch most American sports so not too fussy.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024