Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Accy 18:37 - Mar 5 with 3117 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Walton
Clarke (or Janoi)
Woolfy
Burgess
Leigh
Morsy
Humphreys
Jackson
Chaplin
Broadhead
Ladapo

Bench:
Hladky
Luongo
Donacien or Clarke
Is Panutche fit? If not, Edwards.
Harness
Hirst

Edit: Aluko ahead of Edwards
Burns
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 18:41]

Poll: would you rather

Team for Accy on 18:38 - Mar 5 with 2559 viewsHerbivore

I can see Hirst coming in for this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team for Accy on 18:44 - Mar 5 with 2523 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Team for Accy on 18:38 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Yeah, I think that may be what Kieran will do. Personally, I think that front 3 are developing such a potency, and keeping them playing every game now is going to win games. Hirst hasn't proved himself yet.

Team for Accy on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 2504 viewsDyland

Team for Accy on 18:44 - Mar 5 by LegendofthePhoenix

Yeah, I think that may be what Kieran will do. Personally, I think that front 3 are developing such a potency, and keeping them playing every game now is going to win games. Hirst hasn't proved himself yet.

True that... but Hirst can't prove himself if he doesn't play... personally think he's looking sharper now and must be due one. Tough call though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Team for Accy on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 2480 viewsFoD_Blue

If he's fit enough to play, I would keep Luongo as a starter alongside Morsy.

I think that is our best midfield pairing at the moment, so would like to see it given another game to develop before we play the higher ranked teams over the following games.

However, he might need a rest after Saturday, so would then stick with your choice of Humphreys alongside Morsy.
Team for Accy on 19:05 - Mar 5 with 2452 viewsHerbivore

Team for Accy on 18:44 - Mar 5 by LegendofthePhoenix

He started in our two previous wins in this three game streak so he's got an understanding with Chaplin and Broadhead, plus he's been looking sharper each game. Personally I think Freddie looks great at the minute so I'd keep him in but I can see the logic in giving Hirst some more game time to get more up to speed, keep Freddie nice and fresh for Bolton at the weekend too.

Team for Accy on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 2441 viewsStokieBlue

Why are you not playing Burns?

Sounds like Davis will be fit doesn't it? Why isn't he playing?

We need to keep pushing and win all these games, really not sure about these changes.

I don't think Humphreys should play if Luongo is fit enough for Tuesday and Saturday, he has done well but hasn't been great the last few matches.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team for Accy on 19:39 - Mar 5 with 2370 viewsYallop2

Why are you changing a winning team. Don't be so silly
Team for Accy on 19:44 - Mar 5 with 2350 viewsWickets

Team for Accy on 19:39 - Mar 5 by Yallop2

Why are you changing a winning team. Don't be so silly

And why on earth would anyone consider leaving Clarke out the only way Donacian comes in is if Davis is not fit enough .
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Accy on 19:45 - Mar 5 with 2340 viewsHerbivore

Team for Accy on 19:44 - Mar 5 by Wickets

And why on earth would anyone consider leaving Clarke out the only way Donacian comes in is if Davis is not fit enough .

If Davis isn't fit it'll be Leigh who replaces him, not Donacien.

Team for Accy on 19:47 - Mar 5 with 2331 viewsWickets

Team for Accy on 19:45 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

If Davis isn't fit it'll be Leigh who replaces him, not Donacien.

Yup you could well be right .
Team for Accy on 19:51 - Mar 5 with 2316 viewsStewart27

Is Burns injured?
Team for Accy on 19:55 - Mar 5 with 2318 viewsPhilTWTD

Team for Accy on 18:38 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Indeed, thought he might have started yesterday and be rested for Tuesday as Saturday was arguably the tougher game but yesterday's selection obviously worked out pretty well.

Could see Luongo being on the bench given his lack of football but otherwise, assuming Davis's injury is as KMc hoped after the game, coudl well be unchanged.
Team for Accy on 19:59 - Mar 5 with 2287 viewsPhilTWTD

Team for Accy on 18:47 - Mar 5 by Dyland

True that... but Hirst can't prove himself if he doesn't play... personally think he's looking sharper now and must be due one. Tough call though.

For me, Hirst has given much more to the side in his recent performances than Freddie does, other than goals, up to now.
Team for Accy on 20:19 - Mar 5 with 2163 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think Hirst definitely starts and can see Humphrey's coming in to keep Luongo fresh for Saturday

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Team for Accy on 20:33 - Mar 5 with 2104 viewsDyland

Team for Accy on 19:59 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

For me, Hirst has given much more to the side in his recent performances than Freddie does, other than goals, up to now.

Kind of agree. Though Ladders had a very, very good game yesterday. Their rotation seems to be working. Fingers crossed that continues. I think Hirst is a bit more gnarly so could be a good option to get in Stanley's faces from the off.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Team for Accy on 20:39 - Mar 5 with 2053 viewspointofblue

Wouldn't mind Humphreys for Luongo considering the latter's lack of game time and therefore match fitness. He has to be ready to be play Saturday.

Leigh for Davis if the latter shows any after affects from yesterday.

I can see Hirst coming for Ladapo; personally, would prefer keeping the front four as it is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Accy on 20:41 - Mar 5 with 2051 viewshadleighboyblue

Didn't you think Freddie had a really good game on Saturday , not just because he scored , but his all round play was excellent
Team for Accy on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 2001 viewsMullet

Goals are a bit important though Phil.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team for Accy on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 1969 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Davis picked up a knock, and I have assumed a rest would be useful with such a big game on Saturday coming up. Leigh could do with getting in game time. And I am assuming that Luongo needs to be used sparingly, so keep him fresh for Bolton, but bring him on if required. Similar with Burns and Jackson. We have great cover in all these positions and can bring them off the bench if needed.

Team for Accy on 22:05 - Mar 5 with 1842 viewsPhilTWTD

Team for Accy on 20:53 - Mar 5 by Mullet

Goals are a bit important though Phil.

Indeed, but I think Hirst has been better in terms of the build-up, even if he hasn't got the goals himself or chances he's created in some games haven't been taken.
Team for Accy on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 1826 viewsPhilTWTD

Team for Accy on 20:41 - Mar 5 by hadleighboyblue

Didn't you think Freddie had a really good game on Saturday , not just because he scored , but his all round play was excellent

I'd not say excellent, but did well enough after a slow start, but that was the case with the team as a whole. Took his goal very well and in one-on-ones you feel confident he's going to score. Thought he might have reacted more quickly for the earlier opportunity.
Team for Accy on 22:41 - Mar 5 with 1740 viewsStokieBlue

Team for Accy on 21:01 - Mar 5 by LegendofthePhoenix

Davis picked up a knock, and I have assumed a rest would be useful with such a big game on Saturday coming up. Leigh could do with getting in game time. And I am assuming that Luongo needs to be used sparingly, so keep him fresh for Bolton, but bring him on if required. Similar with Burns and Jackson. We have great cover in all these positions and can bring them off the bench if needed.

I think it should be the other way round.

Start the best possible side, get the game won if possible and then rest people via subs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team for Accy on 08:25 - Mar 6 with 1468 viewsVic

Personally, if the players are fit I’d go with the same team now as much as I can. There’s not many 2 game weeks left and the players should be able to recover at this stage of the season.nthe pi5ches are harder and we need consistency now more than ever.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Team for Accy on 10:18 - Mar 6 with 1381 viewsBigCommon

I could see Leigh starting if Davis is still sore. Sort of oppo that would suit Leighs physical game , too, imo.
Burns starts for me, especially as he looked like he's played himself into some better form on Saturday, and I'd want to keep thst going.
From memory, Freddy gave them a lot of problems at their place, when he came on. So I'd prob start him. Too..
Tbf I wouldn't be making too many changes. We been getting it together at both ends of the pitch atm..
I'm putting out the strongest available 11, get the job done. And make changes late on, same as Burton game.
Luongo and Morsy in the middle.
Team for Accy on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 1223 viewsElderGrizzly

Team for Accy on 19:55 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, thought he might have started yesterday and be rested for Tuesday as Saturday was arguably the tougher game but yesterday's selection obviously worked out pretty well.

Could see Luongo being on the bench given his lack of football but otherwise, assuming Davis's injury is as KMc hoped after the game, coudl well be unchanged.

I know he says he's only looking at one game at a time, but Bolton must be high on his thoughts before selecting tomorrow's team.

I'd be saving Davis and Luongo for that away game rather than risking them tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024