Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 4 games 08:34 - Jan 17 with 1685 viewsitfcJDP

The reality is if we win the next 4 games we stand a great chance of going up. Combination of the momentum it will give us but also the points gap we’ll close on both Wednesday and Plymouth (assuming Wednesday get something from Plymouth - if not we go above Wednesday anyway)

Saturday feels huge to regain momentum. Could really do without that FA cup game coming up in hindsight.
Next 4 games on 08:51 - Jan 17 with 1595 viewsBlueRaider

Win the next 4 would be massive, it would include our first ever league wins in Oxford and Cambridge !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Next 4 games on 08:56 - Jan 17 with 1558 viewsGeoffSentence

Next 4 games on 08:51 - Jan 17 by BlueRaider

Win the next 4 would be massive, it would include our first ever league wins in Oxford and Cambridge !

Have we never really won in the league at those two places? Weird. Something about University Cities that us rural half-wits can't cope with?

Those games also include Sheffield Wednesday and we haven't won four on the trot all season.

So, yeah, if we win them all we will be set up pretty well, but it is an awfully big if.

On the other hand, given where we are now, it's what we need to do.

Uppa Towen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Next 4 games on 08:57 - Jan 17 with 1555 viewsringwoodblue

Every one of those four games is a must-win effectively. Trouble is everyone will raise their game against us particularly Cambridge who just rolled over against Wednesday recently.

Oxford away will be a tough one. It took Arsenal, the best team in the country, about an hour to break them down.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Next 4 games on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 1531 viewstextbackup

we've just had a " L W D D D "
what makes you think we have it in s to win 4 in a row, against teams down there scrapping for every point, plus a promotion rival?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Next 4 games on 09:27 - Jan 17 with 1448 viewsSteve_M

Next 4 games on 08:56 - Jan 17 by GeoffSentence

Have we never really won in the league at those two places? Weird. Something about University Cities that us rural half-wits can't cope with?

Those games also include Sheffield Wednesday and we haven't won four on the trot all season.

So, yeah, if we win them all we will be set up pretty well, but it is an awfully big if.

On the other hand, given where we are now, it's what we need to do.

Uppa Towen.

We only played Cambridge in the league twice, should have won both. Capitulated under Cook and conceded a ridiculous goal after Forrest was fouled in 1992. Two cup wins too.

Oxford is more bizarre, although that does include losing a match we were 3-0 up in and, more positively, winning promotion there. Should have won there last season too, Burns somehow giving a corner away under no pressure.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Next 4 games on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 1383 viewsbilllm

Next 4 games on 09:02 - Jan 17 by textbackup

we've just had a " L W D D D "
what makes you think we have it in s to win 4 in a row, against teams down there scrapping for every point, plus a promotion rival?

Very doubtful to win 4 on the bounce,
Oxford will be the banana skin,
Next 4 games on 13:49 - Jan 17 with 1122 viewsPioneerBlue

Next 4 are important as are the following 16. A run is the only way to settle fans but when it comes and how it comes is less critical than he fact we probably need 2.1+ ppg through to May to stand a chance of automatic promotion. That’s 42 points needed. How many points did we have after 20 games, 42.

I agree a run now is welcome to put pressure on Plymouth and Sheff Wed but also not to invite pressure on us from Derby. One thing I completely agree with is continuing current form over next 4 means Derby will be right on or above us and it will make the bigger task for May very difficult.

Let’s do this.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Next 4 games on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 1022 viewsclive_baker

4 wins from our next 4 in the league and we would be laughing, especially as it includes Sheff Wed, and they'll have played Plymouth the week before where something has to give. Worst case scenario we're still 3rd but it's all incredibly tight, realistic case we're probably in the top 2. On a game by game basis it's not impossible, far from it, but lets see if we can deliver. It really is getting into the 'business end' now and we can't let that gap grow from where it is.

If we managed it that would put us on 63 points with 48 left to play for. Going into the last 16 games needing 2ppg to finish on 95 points would be a nice position to be in for sure, and one I would expect us to get over the line from. Plymouth and Wednesday will have sticky spells and have some tough games of their own over the next couple of months.

Looking a little more short term I'm thinking it's 2 huge games in the next week before the FA Cup break, which is a nice 'free hit' really and one we can go into with no pressure. I think we need 6 points. I have to say it's pretty cool to be genuine challengers with the playoffs at worst looking like a consolation. Of course nobody wants that, and we should be up there with the squad we've got, but it wasn't long ago even the top 6 felt out of reach going into the latter stages of the season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Next 4 games on 14:46 - Jan 17 with 952 viewscbower

I love your optimism. However, we have only won three league games on the trot once this season and our last back to back league victories came at the back end of October. We don't lose many but we do love a draw. I agree though, a winning streak would be very welcome.

bluescouser

Next 4 games on 15:58 - Jan 17 with 801 viewsBigCommon

There's every chance we can win the next 3 or 4 . No one has outplayed us this season. Dropped points have come in mega tight games. Where we have been, largely the architects of our own downfall. And we've strengthened the squad in this window, too.
Believe........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024