Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… 18:54 - Jan 9 with 2334 viewsITFC_Forever

So while we can comment on the fairness or otherwise of this morning, the club haven’t done anything wrong per se.

But I do agree there should be a cap on them, and those who have had them the longest should start on more points at the beginning of next season if they change the system.

And the sooner we get out of this division, and back to more stadiums with bigger capacities, the better.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 18:58 - Jan 9 with 2279 viewsSitfcB

The only thing you could argue they have done wrong is not do the priority letter allocation.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:01 - Jan 9 with 2263 viewsNeedhamChris

That depends on your interpretation of wrong.

They're a large customer facing organisation and managing demand and expectations is a key part of that. It's a massive oversight from them to have allowed this to happen in the way it did today.

The club applied a discretionary criteria to the Bracknell game, so no reason not to have done the same as they will know how many gold cards there are. Should have happened and today was poorly executed.

It's not 'wrong' - but it's not right either
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 19:01]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:05 - Jan 9 with 2212 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:01 - Jan 9 by NeedhamChris

That depends on your interpretation of wrong.

They're a large customer facing organisation and managing demand and expectations is a key part of that. It's a massive oversight from them to have allowed this to happen in the way it did today.

The club applied a discretionary criteria to the Bracknell game, so no reason not to have done the same as they will know how many gold cards there are. Should have happened and today was poorly executed.

It's not 'wrong' - but it's not right either
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 19:01]

It looks like the club slipped up and a wise move would be to do something for those Gold Card holders who did not get a ticket as a gesture of good faith.

I say that from the perspective of not being a Gold Card holder.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:08 - Jan 9 with 2172 viewsITFC_Forever

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 18:58 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

The only thing you could argue they have done wrong is not do the priority letter allocation.

Must admit, I thought that’s how it would have gone, given previous Norwich matches and the reduced allocation for Cambridge this season…… if we had the terrace down the side again and another 1,000 tickets, it wouldn’t have been such an issue. There would still have been disappointed people (as we could have taken 10k or more), but at least all GCs who wanted ticket would have got one.

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 2150 viewsSteve_M

No, but I think today was the first time that a large number of people with Gold Cards have missed out on getting tickets. It's not like it sold out within an hour, it was a couple of minutes.

The number of GC/or Junior Blues memberships looks to have increased drastically in recent weeks, I know Oxford is considerably further away but there was only another 200 tickets there and they took a lot longer to sell out.

Given the pseudo-derby nature of the game too then the club really should have added some form of priority above GCs as they have done for Bracknell and for Wimbledon at Kingstonian just before covid.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:13 - Jan 9 with 2123 viewsRonFearonsHair

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:05 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

It looks like the club slipped up and a wise move would be to do something for those Gold Card holders who did not get a ticket as a gesture of good faith.

Perhaps they could get first option on Fleetwood away.
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:18 - Jan 9 with 2055 viewsITFC_Forever

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:13 - Jan 9 by RonFearonsHair

Perhaps they could get first option on Fleetwood away.

Penalising those who got Cambridge tickets?

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:20 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewsSteve_M

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:05 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm not sure that's needed, just some form of priority for the matches tickets are likely to be difficult to obtain: Cheltenham, Fleetwood and any paly-off match probably.

Login to get fewer ads

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:49 - Jan 9 with 1864 viewsRonFearonsHair

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 19:18 - Jan 9 by ITFC_Forever

Penalising those who got Cambridge tickets?

Fair point.
They should give first option to those Gold Card holders who didn't get Cambridge tickets and also those that did.
Sorted.
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:16 - Jan 9 with 1720 viewsxrayspecs

I think a lot of the criticism of the club today is misdirected.

A GC does not guarantee you a ticket, nor a silver card, nor having a ST, they simply move you up the queue.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and given the proximity of Cambridge, perhaps the club should have anticipated the scramble this morning. I do not believe Cambridge tickets sold this fast last season nor for any of our other away games. GC holders typically have been able to get tickets for most games, even when we have had smaller allocations.

It is a fair comment that the number of STs and Gold Cards has increased this season and what we saw this morning will become more common, especially while we are in L1 and for local games.

In my view, we already have a loyalty based scheme, with those who have made the biggest commitment (ST home+away, ST+GC, ST etc.) given preferential access to tickets. There are different ways you can improve on the current scheme.

(i) once we reach the membership category where there are more members than tickets for a given game, members apply for tickets rather than it being first come first served. You can submit as individuals or as a group of fans. You then run a ballot.
(ii) allow silver card members preferential access to tickets for games close to their registered address, so if you are based in Cornwall, you would have priority access to Plymouth, Exeter and Torquay. Fans could be asked to indicate up to three local games per season when buying their membership.

There are other variations that would work.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 20:18]
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 1688 viewsJ2BLUE

It seems strange for them not to do a letter for this one if they know there are more gold cards than tickets.

The club get a hell of a lot right these days so no need for people to have a go (not that anyone has as far as I can see) but they can learn for next time it happens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 1625 viewsPJH

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:19 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

It seems strange for them not to do a letter for this one if they know there are more gold cards than tickets.

The club get a hell of a lot right these days so no need for people to have a go (not that anyone has as far as I can see) but they can learn for next time it happens.

Yes, because the club now gets so much right it is ridiculous that they got this so wrong.

It does not take hindsight to see that this game should have had some sort of priority system based on away games attended.

I say that as someone that got a Cambridge ticket, if I had not done so, I would be very, very annoyed.

The situation should not have happened because it was so easily preventable.

Could have understood it to some extent if the game had been about a week away but it is not.
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:43 - Jan 9 with 1562 viewsSteve_M

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:28 - Jan 9 by PJH

Yes, because the club now gets so much right it is ridiculous that they got this so wrong.

It does not take hindsight to see that this game should have had some sort of priority system based on away games attended.

I say that as someone that got a Cambridge ticket, if I had not done so, I would be very, very annoyed.

Could have understood it to some extent if the game had been about a week away but it is not.

It's not as if the club haven't done other priority in similar circumstances before, that's the real irritation today. They just didn't think about it or couldn't implement it through the outsourced ticket agency.

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:52 - Jan 9 with 1509 viewsxrayspecs

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:28 - Jan 9 by PJH

It is not ridiculous, that is an exaggeration.

It is unprecedented for a Cambridge game.

Could they have anticipated it, possibly? But equally, I do not recall much chat on here over recent days about how difficult it would be to get Cambridge tickets at Gold Card stage. I suspect it caught most of us out.

Sometimes, stuff happens, and there is no villain to blame.
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:54 - Jan 9 with 1473 viewsITFC_Forever

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:43 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

It's not as if the club haven't done other priority in similar circumstances before, that's the real irritation today. They just didn't think about it or couldn't implement it through the outsourced ticket agency.

Cambridge haven’t helped by removing approx 40% of the allocation, for no obvious reason.

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:56 - Jan 9 with 1454 viewslongtimefan

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:52 - Jan 9 by xrayspecs

It is not ridiculous, that is an exaggeration.

It is unprecedented for a Cambridge game.

Could they have anticipated it, possibly? But equally, I do not recall much chat on here over recent days about how difficult it would be to get Cambridge tickets at Gold Card stage. I suspect it caught most of us out.

Sometimes, stuff happens, and there is no villain to blame.

The difference is that us as fans were not privy to the knowledge that the number of Gold Card holders has risen significantly, whereas the club were, or at least should have been.
Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 14:55 - Jan 11 with 1070 viewsKieran_Knows

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 18:58 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

I think me and you should get priority over everyone else for making that 5.30pm (I think) trip to Cardiff a few years back which was on Sky.

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 14:59 - Jan 11 with 1035 viewstextbackup

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 14:55 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

I think me and you should get priority over everyone else for making that 5.30pm (I think) trip to Cardiff a few years back which was on Sky.

TWTD.

You had all day to get there! Na no super fan status for this one 😉

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 15:00 - Jan 11 with 1025 viewsKieran_Knows

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 14:59 - Jan 11 by textbackup

You had all day to get there! Na no super fan status for this one 😉

Ha, was worth it (I think) for the 2-0 away win though!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 15:26 - Jan 11 with 968 viewsxrayspecs

Gold Cards aren’t a guarantee of a ticket… on 20:56 - Jan 9 by longtimefan

The difference is that us as fans were not privy to the knowledge that the number of Gold Card holders has risen significantly, whereas the club were, or at least should have been.

I think that is fair albeit given the increase in our STs, it was perhaps inevitable that we have sold more memberships too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024