Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points based away games…. 12:29 - Jan 9 with 2037 viewsITFC_Forever

If the club are going to introduce a points system for away games, where do they start?

Surely they’d have to look back at historic Gold Card / ticket purchase records going back years to get it right?
They can’t start everyone off at zero, it would be carnage. And equally, those who have on had GCs since we’ve been in L1 (with smaller away allocations), should be further down the queue as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Points based away games…. on 12:32 - Jan 9 with 1979 viewsSitfcB

Sell points off

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Points based away games…. on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 1924 viewsLankHenners

Impossible to please everyone as if you go too far into historic purchases people who, for one reason or another, have only been going recently might miss out quite a bit and struggle to 'rank up' which might ultimately dissuade them from going. But equally as you say putting everyone on the same footing will cause mayhem.

Perhaps have to just put a line somewhere (for example 10 years ago) and from then look at how long they've had an ST in that time, how many aways, additional home tickets purchased etc. with points allocated to each and added up. Should be able to work out 'bands' for priority from all that data to start off with.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Points based away games…. on 12:47 - Jan 9 with 1901 viewsParisBlue

It's an interesting one. I had a season ticket for 18 years, whilst living in Paris, Bristol then Cardiff. I ultimately stopped because whilst I could just about justify the ticket cost (and for one season I was on secondment in Oz so saw 2 games) I couldn't on the basis of supply/demand.

I've often thought the club don't do enough for its far flung supporters. In the last fans forum they stated how they wanted to reward "bums on seats". That's fine if your local, but if you've a 500 mile round trip and a job, a Tuesday night fixture might be hard. Doesn't make you any less a supporter though, circumstances change, but your club doesn't.

It would be easy enough for the club to profile over the last 10 years and do some sort of loyalty. Much like hotel loyalty cards, I might be Diamond for Hilton, but if I don't stay there enough I won't immediately jump to the bottom level, but slide down a level each year.

If its tough now, just imagine what it might be like if we did make the PL.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Points based away games…. on 12:52 - Jan 9 with 1837 viewsITFC_Forever

Points based away games…. on 12:47 - Jan 9 by ParisBlue

It's an interesting one. I had a season ticket for 18 years, whilst living in Paris, Bristol then Cardiff. I ultimately stopped because whilst I could just about justify the ticket cost (and for one season I was on secondment in Oz so saw 2 games) I couldn't on the basis of supply/demand.

I've often thought the club don't do enough for its far flung supporters. In the last fans forum they stated how they wanted to reward "bums on seats". That's fine if your local, but if you've a 500 mile round trip and a job, a Tuesday night fixture might be hard. Doesn't make you any less a supporter though, circumstances change, but your club doesn't.

It would be easy enough for the club to profile over the last 10 years and do some sort of loyalty. Much like hotel loyalty cards, I might be Diamond for Hilton, but if I don't stay there enough I won't immediately jump to the bottom level, but slide down a level each year.

If its tough now, just imagine what it might be like if we did make the PL.

Prem and Champ matches will be easier as the grounds and therefore the away allocations are bigger.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Points based away games…. on 12:55 - Jan 9 with 1787 viewsIllinoisblue

Points based away games…. on 12:52 - Jan 9 by ITFC_Forever

Prem and Champ matches will be easier as the grounds and therefore the away allocations are bigger.

Also, supposing we go up this year and it takes 3 or 4 seasons to go up again there’ll be a natural reduction in enthusiasm which will make it easier to get tickets. Which, shudder and shudder and shudder some more, will happen next season if we don’t go up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Points based away games…. on 13:44 - Jan 9 with 1608 viewsBloomBlue

Easy, points total should be 100 = priority ticket

And you start with the base points as:-
If you attended away games in the 50s/60s = 100 points
Away games in 70s = 40 points
Away games in 80s = 20 points
Away games in 90s = 10 points
Away games in 00s = 5 points
Away games in 10s = 2 points
Away games in 20s = 1 point

Then from next season when you buy an away ticket you receive 1 point per game. When Town then play an away game and ticket allocation is limited those with 100 points get priority
Points based away games…. on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 1561 viewsJakeITFC

I think that going back longer than even 2/3 seasons will be difficult and not preferred.

IMO:

1) Ultimate members - people who commit to every game should get it

2) Season ticket holders - ranked by attendance at home and away games, with a cap type system like England use. Starting point here would be attendance at games over last two full seasons (if starting this summer). There would likely therefore be 2/3/4 windows for this group banded by the amount of points/caps you have.

3) Members who aren't season ticket holders - this means that I'd have season ticket holders who haven't been to any away games over those who have been to lots but don't have a season ticket (which I guess is controversial) but the latter are more beneficial to the finances of Ipswich in theory. These members would be ranked also.

4) Everyone else

You'd have a 24-hour window to buy your ticket before it opened to the next category down.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 13:52]
Points based away games…. on 14:17 - Jan 9 with 1462 viewsParisBlue

Points based away games…. on 13:52 - Jan 9 by JakeITFC

I think that going back longer than even 2/3 seasons will be difficult and not preferred.

IMO:

1) Ultimate members - people who commit to every game should get it

2) Season ticket holders - ranked by attendance at home and away games, with a cap type system like England use. Starting point here would be attendance at games over last two full seasons (if starting this summer). There would likely therefore be 2/3/4 windows for this group banded by the amount of points/caps you have.

3) Members who aren't season ticket holders - this means that I'd have season ticket holders who haven't been to any away games over those who have been to lots but don't have a season ticket (which I guess is controversial) but the latter are more beneficial to the finances of Ipswich in theory. These members would be ranked also.

4) Everyone else

You'd have a 24-hour window to buy your ticket before it opened to the next category down.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 13:52]

Being 250+ miles away costs me £100+ per game, more if I need a hotel. So 3-4 games is the cost of a season ticket (which is what I limit myself to now). We have a supporter base spread far and wide, and Ipswich isn't exactly easy to get to!

I'd allow silver members to have priority above season ticket holders for maybe 5 (or 3) away games a season, perhaps limiting the allocation to 300 (or 20% of the allocation). That way they might be able to make those games geographically closest and would help keep affinity with the club.

If I had an opportunity to resell my season ticket for games I couldn't make I'd maybe still have it (I couldn't give it away when I stopped).

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Points based away games…. on 14:38 - Jan 9 with 1384 viewsitfcjoe

I think you just have to start at zero, but people get x points for a season ticket - would mean every ST holder would have the same priority for first game next season but it would soon work itself out over a few months.

That is how it is anyway but at least we'd be going in the right direction from there.

The only worry would be if the club try and introduce some sort of away fans ID but don't think they'd actaully be able to get home clubs compliant in that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Points based away games…. on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 1364 viewsitfcjoe

Points based away games…. on 14:17 - Jan 9 by ParisBlue

Being 250+ miles away costs me £100+ per game, more if I need a hotel. So 3-4 games is the cost of a season ticket (which is what I limit myself to now). We have a supporter base spread far and wide, and Ipswich isn't exactly easy to get to!

I'd allow silver members to have priority above season ticket holders for maybe 5 (or 3) away games a season, perhaps limiting the allocation to 300 (or 20% of the allocation). That way they might be able to make those games geographically closest and would help keep affinity with the club.

If I had an opportunity to resell my season ticket for games I couldn't make I'd maybe still have it (I couldn't give it away when I stopped).

Ultimately though Ipswich can only reward what they can see, and if people are making big commitments for games then that is money funnelled elsewhere rather than to them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Points based away games…. on 14:50 - Jan 9 with 1301 viewstextbackup

Points based away games…. on 14:17 - Jan 9 by ParisBlue

i dont want to be that guy, but its not the clubs fault people live where they do.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Points based away games…. on 15:55 - Jan 9 with 1043 viewsKentish_Tractor

I think we should create a new Away Priority Card. Our allocation are firstly offered to these card holders in a ballot system (although with a weighting so those who missed out before are more likely to get a ticket in the next one otherwise its not fair). I say a ballot so that they don't sell out within 2 minutes and everyone has some sort of chance.
Once the Away Priority are all sold, then it goes to Gold Card if any are left.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024