Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? 15:13 - Jan 9 with 2839 viewsitfcjoe

i.e. the 22 senior players one?

If so we are going to have some problems at trimming the squad down!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 2771 viewsportmanking

Think it's 25 senior players in the Championship?
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 2776 viewsJakeITFC

25 man squad but includes keepers:

44.9 Squad Lists

44.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

44.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs:

(i) any Under 21 Players; and

(ii) goalkeepers.
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 2724 viewsMetal_Hacker

Let's please get there first Joe

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 2689 viewsWestSussexBlue

Let’s not tempt fate, I’m sure that will become a welcome concern if we can get the job done in the next few months.
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:27 - Jan 9 with 2657 viewschicoazul

Don’t mention the C word Joseph.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:27 - Jan 9 with 2644 viewsxrayspecs

It is different but in effect very similar to this season. You can have 25 senior players, but this includes goalkeepers. Also, if you loan in an U21 player, then they are counted as a senior player irrespective of how old they are. So TJJ would counted as a senior player if he had joined a Championship team whereas he is an U21 in League One.

I would imagine a few of the current squad will be moved on if we do get promoted to create space for upgrades.

Keogh, JD, KVY, Luong and Aluko of current squad are out of contract in the summer, and can see maybe only a couple of them kept on.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 15:32]
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:30 - Jan 9 with 2608 viewsitfcjoe

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:24 - Jan 9 by Metal_Hacker

Let's please get there first Joe

Regardless of promotion or not, I knew we'd be over limits next season - was just seeing whether that would be the case if we went up as well as stayed down

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:31 - Jan 9 with 2585 viewsclive_baker

Should be OK. Keogh will hang his boots up, KVY will be off, Luongo is only contracted until the summer, TJJ and Hirst on loan, Aluko's contract up too. That's 6 entirely within our hands.

Jackson, Edwards, Pigott, Harper might be a little more difficult. But they'll all be going into their last year so I'm sure there are deals to be done and longer deals elsewhere will be attractive.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:38 - Jan 9 with 2493 viewsitfcjoe

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:31 - Jan 9 by clive_baker

Should be OK. Keogh will hang his boots up, KVY will be off, Luongo is only contracted until the summer, TJJ and Hirst on loan, Aluko's contract up too. That's 6 entirely within our hands.

Jackson, Edwards, Pigott, Harper might be a little more difficult. But they'll all be going into their last year so I'm sure there are deals to be done and longer deals elsewhere will be attractive.

Sure we'll find a way to be ok - but as things stand now we have (assuming Broadhead signs)

3 keepers over 21 (Plus Hayes who is injured but contracted until end of next season)

23 outfield players over 21 (including Hirst as TJJ doesn't count)

Pigott, Morris, Harper, Penney, Yengi, El Mizouni and Ndaba who are/were out on loan and need to be registered

Not checked dates on any youngsters who will cross from 20-21 like Matt Ward, Zanda Siziba, etc

As things stand I reckon we'll have close to 35-36 players on books currently who would need to be registered to play - some will take care of themselves with contracts or loans, but going to need to shift at least a dozen players who will be contracted just to have freedom to bring in 4-5 players

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:17 - Jan 9 with 2330 viewslurcher

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:38 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Sure we'll find a way to be ok - but as things stand now we have (assuming Broadhead signs)

3 keepers over 21 (Plus Hayes who is injured but contracted until end of next season)

Pigott, Morris, Harper, Penney, Yengi, El Mizouni and Ndaba who are/were out on loan and need to be registered

Not checked dates on any youngsters who will cross from 20-21 like Matt Ward, Zanda Siziba, etc

As things stand I reckon we'll have close to 35-36 players on books currently who would need to be registered to play - some will take care of themselves with contracts or loans, but going to need to shift at least a dozen players who will be contracted just to have freedom to bring in 4-5 players

We just wont bother registering some of our players, which is the situation Bonne was in last year. Players without a number will have no choice but to go on loan or sign a deal somewhere else.
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:23 - Jan 9 with 2262 viewsIpswichKnight

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 15:38 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Joe who is out of contract at the end of the season, guessing we could move a few on by not renewing contracts?
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:27 - Jan 9 with 2223 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:17 - Jan 9 by lurcher

We just wont bother registering some of our players, which is the situation Bonne was in last year. Players without a number will have no choice but to go on loan or sign a deal somewhere else.

Presumably players registered but not listed in the squad can play in cup competitions.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:43 - Jan 9 with 2122 viewsxrayspecs

I think you can assume that Piggott, Penney and Harper are not going to come back into the first team squad, and could well go this window.

El Miz and Baggot most likely to continue their development out on loan in a L1 team next season. Nbada is a difficult call as he has been injured. Could he get into the squad?

Morris and Yengi were not considered for the first team when ending their Scandinavian loans and I suspect will not get new deals at the end of the season.

I think Callum Page is the only current U21 player who will be counted as a senior next season (the cutoff for U21s is being born after Jan 1 2002). Kabangolo, Curtis and Cutbush have one more season after this as U21s, while the others including Matt Ward have at least two more seasons after this.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 16:46]
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 2117 viewsxrayspecs

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:27 - Jan 9 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably players registered but not listed in the squad can play in cup competitions.

Yes, as per Miles Kenlock. He was not in our 22 senior outfield players in hist last season with us, but played in the cup competitions, before being loaned to Col U.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 17:06]
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:56 - Jan 9 with 2026 viewsxrayspecs

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:23 - Jan 9 by IpswichKnight

Joe who is out of contract at the end of the season, guessing we could move a few on by not renewing contracts?

The club only publish some of a players contractual details, it is not always clear whether deals include an optional year, and if so, what the criteria are for an additional year to be triggered. IIRC Aluko ? triggered his one year option when he made a pre-agreed number of appearances. Sometimes, it is simply down to whether the club want to extend the deal or not.

Based on what I have read, I believe the following are out of contract in the summer, albeit some have been reported to have an additional year option (*):

Coleman
Donacien *
Keogh *
KVY *
Luongo
Aluko
Penney*

Quite a few of the U21s are also coming to the end of their contracts, albeit some have one year options (*), with the same caveat:

Bort
Hudson
Kabangolo
Page *
Armin *
Siziba *
Curtis *
Yengi
Morris
Agbaje *
Chirewa
Ward
Cutbush
Nwaubeze *
Ridd *
Bradshaw *
Alexander
Healey
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1948 viewslurcher

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:27 - Jan 9 by Pinewoodblue

I don't think they can
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 1823 viewsmonty_radio

How does that 8 homegrown requirement pan out when we currently only have two senior players anywhere near the first team?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:25 - Jan 9 with 1750 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:20 - Jan 9 by monty_radio

How does that 8 homegrown requirement pan out when we currently only have two senior players anywhere near the first team?

Homegrown doesn't mean from our academy but developed in this country. Rule is the same in this division.
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 1671 viewsPioneerBlue

What is the definition of Home Grown player? I’m not sure that it is exactly as you’d initially imagine…

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:59 - Jan 9 with 1550 viewsmonty_radio

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:25 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

Homegrown doesn't mean from our academy but developed in this country. Rule is the same in this division.

Ah! Like Auntie Bessie's yorkshire puds then - not from your own beloved family but from your local homegrown supermarket with a British sticker.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 22:52]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 1542 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 17:31 - Jan 9 by PioneerBlue

What is the definition of Home Grown player? I’m not sure that it is exactly as you’d initially imagine…

'Homegrown' suggests the player must be English - but in fact it is a player of any nationality that has spent at least three seasons training at a professional English or Welsh club before the age of 21.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 18:07 - Jan 9 with 1507 viewsWakh

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 16:43 - Jan 9 by xrayspecs

I think you can assume that Piggott, Penney and Harper are not going to come back into the first team squad, and could well go this window.

El Miz and Baggot most likely to continue their development out on loan in a L1 team next season. Nbada is a difficult call as he has been injured. Could he get into the squad?

Morris and Yengi were not considered for the first team when ending their Scandinavian loans and I suspect will not get new deals at the end of the season.

I think Callum Page is the only current U21 player who will be counted as a senior next season (the cutoff for U21s is being born after Jan 1 2002). Kabangolo, Curtis and Cutbush have one more season after this as U21s, while the others including Matt Ward have at least two more seasons after this.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 16:46]

Would like to see Yengi on loan somewhere. Personally would like to see what he could do in a league 2 side
Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 18:22 - Jan 9 with 1419 viewsxrayspecs

Is it the same squad rules for the Championship next season? on 18:07 - Jan 9 by Wakh

Would like to see Yengi on loan somewhere. Personally would like to see what he could do in a league 2 side

Of the two, I suspect Yengi has the most chance of being kept on. If they were that way inclined the club would need to agree a new deal with him before he goes on loan this month, so they have some protection if he is a success.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024