Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vinicius Junior 19:38 - Dec 5 with 1215 viewsMercian

Another world class young player. This tournament is full of them.
Vinicius Junior on 19:41 - Dec 5 with 1208 viewsSE1blue

Worth a cheeky bid in January?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Vinicius Junior on 19:43 - Dec 5 with 1194 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Odd that at the World Cup, isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Vinicius Junior on 19:44 - Dec 5 with 1189 viewshomer_123

Vinicius Junior on 19:43 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Meow!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vinicius Junior on 20:01 - Dec 5 with 1146 viewsMercian

Vinicius Junior on 19:43 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have never seen so many though. Vinicius, Musiala, Bellingham, Foden, Gavi, Saka, De Ligt (A little older at 23 but he's a CB so still a baby), Alphonso Davies, Takefusa Kubo. Spain also have Ansu Fati who's injured and Germany Florian Wirtz who is also injured.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 20:02]
Vinicius Junior on 20:04 - Dec 5 with 1117 viewsDubtractor

Vinicius Junior on 19:41 - Dec 5 by SE1blue

Worth a cheeky bid in January?

Could be the player to make the difference in a cagey home game vs Forest Green.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Vinicius Junior on 20:59 - Dec 5 with 1047 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Vinicius Junior on 20:01 - Dec 5 by Mercian

I have never seen so many though. Vinicius, Musiala, Bellingham, Foden, Gavi, Saka, De Ligt (A little older at 23 but he's a CB so still a baby), Alphonso Davies, Takefusa Kubo. Spain also have Ansu Fati who's injured and Germany Florian Wirtz who is also injured.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 20:02]

Indeed. There are often a couple of stand-out ones and a few pretty good ones but there seem to be more that have stood out this time.

Is it partly because it is mid-season and players are fitter?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Vinicius Junior on 21:44 - Dec 5 with 995 viewsBarcaBlue

Vinicius Junior on 20:59 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. There are often a couple of stand-out ones and a few pretty good ones but there seem to be more that have stood out this time.

Is it partly because it is mid-season and players are fitter?

I think it's also a case of very few top top players being in their prime this tournament - there's not many, but there are plenty of oldies playing their last matches at a World Cup and a fair number of youngsters catching the eye. Feels like a real change of the guard.

Having said that I don't think we'll see another Messi type player from the current crop of youngsters, and maybe not in the next either.
Vinicius Junior on 22:56 - Dec 5 with 935 viewsMercian

Vinicius Junior on 21:44 - Dec 5 by BarcaBlue

I think it's also a case of very few top top players being in their prime this tournament - there's not many, but there are plenty of oldies playing their last matches at a World Cup and a fair number of youngsters catching the eye. Feels like a real change of the guard.

Having said that I don't think we'll see another Messi type player from the current crop of youngsters, and maybe not in the next either.

Waiting for the next Messi is like waiting for the next Usain Bolt. It may never happen. I think when Bolt dies hopefully a long way in the future he will take that 9.58 100m record with him.
Login to get fewer ads

Vinicius Junior on 06:47 - Dec 6 with 836 viewsElephantintheRoom

It might also be that the searing heat doesn’t entirely agree with older ‘superstars’ It’s a funny young game in the desert

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Vinicius Junior on 07:26 - Dec 6 with 792 viewsChrisd

He’s part of that cluster of top, young players in this tournament that are part of that changing of the guard.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Vinicius Junior on 08:20 - Dec 6 with 758 viewsWeWereZombies

Vinicius Junior on 22:56 - Dec 5 by Mercian

Waiting for the next Messi is like waiting for the next Usain Bolt. It may never happen. I think when Bolt dies hopefully a long way in the future he will take that 9.58 100m record with him.

He is already here and he is called Kylian Mbappé Lottin.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Vinicius Junior on 08:58 - Dec 6 with 702 viewsitfcjoe

That finish was reminiscent of Marcus Stewart, everyone yelling hit it and he'll just take all the time he needs with ice in his veins to just wait for the perfect moment and casually out it there

He may be a bit quicker than Marcus was though....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Vinicius Junior on 09:00 - Dec 6 with 696 viewsrickw

Vinicius Junior on 22:56 - Dec 5 by Mercian

I thought the same with Michael Johnson's 200 and 400m records and it took over 20 years for Bolt to break the 200 record - I think the 400 still stands, so I'm sure it'll take time but probably not as long as you think

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024