Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 man squad = departures 22:36 - Nov 22 with 4524 viewsstarofanglia

No doubt we’re going to be active in the January transfer window. The 22 man squad limit means that there will almost certainly need to be departures.

Ball will presumably be left out of the 22 due to his injury.

Easy target but I can see Jackson being loaned out. He is not a number 9 and there are better options out there for the wide roles he is sometimes deployed as.

I can also see Camara being loaned out to get games and regain fitness. I’m not sure we can wait for this to happen with him here.
22 man squad = departures on 22:38 - Nov 22 with 3802 viewsITFCBlues

Jackson and Camara are going no where. Jackson will play wide roles, especially with injuries and we've not spent big on Camara to simply loan him out!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

22 man squad = departures on 22:43 - Nov 22 with 3713 viewsFrimleyBlue

New CB
Keough retires and joins coaching team.

New 10
New striker
Another CM

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

22 man squad = departures on 23:36 - Nov 22 with 3584 viewsCheltenham_Blue

1. We’re on 20 in the squad, not 22
2. Ball is out for the season
3. Potentially Harness too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

22 man squad = departures on 05:53 - Nov 23 with 3428 viewsKropotkin123

GK
Christian Walton
Vaclav Hladky

22 outfield
1. Richard Keogh (1)
2. Janoi Donacien
3. Luke Woolfenden
4. George Edmundson
5. Cameron Burgess

6. Wes Burns
7. Greg Leigh
8. Kane Vincent-Young
9. Leif Davis

10. Sam Morsy
11. Dominic Ball (2)
12. Panutche Camara
13. Lee Evans

14. Kyle Edwards
15. Sone Aluko (2?)
16. Conor Chaplin
17. Marcus Harness (2?)

18. Gassan Ahadme
19. Freddie Ladapo
20. Kayden Jackson (1)

Youth
Cameron Humphreys
Tyreece John-Jules (1)

(1) Replace if find better
(2) Injury, spot open for cover/replacement

I believe we have:
- Two spaces for immediate additions.
- One spot open to cover a midfield injury.
- Two players I'm not sure on the injury status of, but could be spots available in the transfer window.
- Three players we could see replaced if we find better

Assessment:
Defence: I don't think Keogh can be relied upon for a league start, and I think he has had a negative impact when he has come on. I think we could find a better alternative.

I think we should continue to look hard for top defender who may be interested by the project in conjunction with our league position. I think McKenna has done well with the defence. But we can make improvements.

Fullbacks/wingbacks/wingers: I think this area is solid. Despite Wes not performing as well as last year, both him and Davis have been excellent in their roles. Great to have Leigh coming back.

Midfield: The sooner Evans comes back the better. As relying on two is uncomfortable. This could be an area for a loan, as the Championship quality is there.

Forwards: We suddenly look very light here with Harness being injured. Fingers crossed he is okay. I think we could go out and get better or similar here. It is a place I'd look to prioritise. I wouldn't want to rely on those that play between the striker and forward roles (TJJ & KJ).

Striker: Not sure in Ahadme, as we have barely seen him. Either way, we are dependent on Ladapo and we can find better at this level. It would be great to have someone who can challenge him if he drops in form.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

22 man squad = departures on 06:36 - Nov 23 with 3356 viewsEly_Blue

22 man squad = departures on 22:43 - Nov 22 by FrimleyBlue

New CB

New 10
New striker
Another CM

Where are you going to make space in the squad for those 4 signings? You’ve only got 1 player out of the current maximum, sure we take ball out for another, which other 2 do you propose we shift out?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

22 man squad = departures on 07:25 - Nov 23 with 3241 viewsITFCBlues

22 man squad = departures on 06:36 - Nov 23 by Ely_Blue

Where are you going to make space in the squad for those 4 signings? You’ve only got 1 player out of the current maximum, sure we take ball out for another, which other 2 do you propose we shift out?

We have 2 slots. Ball would be a 3rd slot.

4th slot maybe Harness after last night...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

22 man squad = departures on 07:26 - Nov 23 with 3238 viewsxrayspecs

Not true. We have two spaces for additional senior (>U21) outfield players in our squad. Humphreys and JJ are U21 so do not count. Add in space created by Ball, means we can bring in three more senior players without losing anyone.

Camara now at 60 mins mark, will be like a new signing come 2023.

The only player who could get eased out is Keogh, if we were able to bring in an established Champ level central defender.

EDIT: Not sure on Harness injury situation
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 7:28]
22 man squad = departures on 07:34 - Nov 23 with 3190 viewsNutkins_Return

As others have said we effectively have 3 free slots for seniors with Ball out. 4 if Harness out for season.

Crucially we can also sign u21s without them counting. So we can make 4-6 additions quite realistically (if we want). I think we'll be looking at 3-4 max anyway.

There is no need for anyone else to go out unless we want that.
Login to get fewer ads

22 man squad = departures on 08:45 - Nov 23 with 2968 viewsPinewoodblue

22 man squad = departures on 07:34 - Nov 23 by Nutkins_Return

As others have said we effectively have 3 free slots for seniors with Ball out. 4 if Harness out for season.

Crucially we can also sign u21s without them counting. So we can make 4-6 additions quite realistically (if we want). I think we'll be looking at 3-4 max anyway.

There is no need for anyone else to go out unless we want that.

Think we will be willing to let go any player not likely to be considered if we are in Championship next season, assuming offers are received from other clubs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

22 man squad = departures on 09:13 - Nov 23 with 2876 viewsCityBlue

KMcK has two positive targets he hopes to bring in. One being a central creative midfielder with flair and potential and another a CDM for cover over Morsy. I have an idea over the first target who surprisingly is out of contract at the moment. Not sure we will pursue a striker with numbers in the squad looking healthy.

I T I D

22 man squad = departures on 09:54 - Nov 23 with 2801 viewsFrimleyBlue

22 man squad = departures on 09:13 - Nov 23 by CityBlue

KMcK has two positive targets he hopes to bring in. One being a central creative midfielder with flair and potential and another a CDM for cover over Morsy. I have an idea over the first target who surprisingly is out of contract at the moment. Not sure we will pursue a striker with numbers in the squad looking healthy.

Danny drinkwater?

Waka waka eh eh

22 man squad = departures on 10:02 - Nov 23 with 2791 viewsgeg1992

Surely another striker too?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

22 man squad = departures on 10:04 - Nov 23 with 2777 viewsitfcjoe

We'd likely target at least 1 player on loan who wouldn't be above 21 and therefore count

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

22 man squad = departures on 10:06 - Nov 23 with 2756 viewsKeno

when you say " I have an idea over the first target who surprisingly is out of contract at the moment"

Its Ronaldo isnt it?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

22 man squad = departures on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 2713 viewsDaninthecampo

If he's out of contract we should get him now!
22 man squad = departures on 10:37 - Nov 23 with 2627 viewsGlasgowBlue

We need two additions. That’s all. A striker to replace JJ and a midfielder to replace Ball.

If Harness is out for a lengthy period we have Camara who can play as a 10. As can Humphries. Plus Aluko will be back next month.

We shouldn’t be panicking after a poor performance in the Pizza Cup.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

22 man squad = departures on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 2568 viewsStokieBlue

22 man squad = departures on 22:43 - Nov 22 by FrimleyBlue

New CB

New 10
New striker
Another CM

Are you ever consistent?

So within 6 or so weeks Keogh was a "level above others in the position" and now he should retire.

Imo time for Ball and Keogh by FrimleyBlue 29 Sep 2022 20:53
Two very experienced players who are a level above others in their positions.

I appreciate we have a certain level of solidness and its not like our defence or midfield has been a worrying aspect of our side. But against the better sides we have recently shown there is something missing when it really matters.

Ball and Keogh could be imo that difference we need currently.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

22 man squad = departures on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 2543 viewsGeoffSentence

22 man squad = departures on 10:06 - Nov 23 by Keno

when you say " I have an idea over the first target who surprisingly is out of contract at the moment"

Its Ronaldo isnt it?

There are other possibilities, I think Batistuta is without a club riht now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

22 man squad = departures on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 2482 viewsFrimleyBlue

22 man squad = departures on 10:53 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

Are you ever consistent?

So within 6 or so weeks Keogh was a "level above others in the position" and now he should retire.

Imo time for Ball and Keogh by FrimleyBlue 29 Sep 2022 20:53
Two very experienced players who are a level above others in their positions.

I appreciate we have a certain level of solidness and its not like our defence or midfield has been a worrying aspect of our side. But against the better sides we have recently shown there is something missing when it really matters.

Ball and Keogh could be imo that difference we need currently.

SB

He's had a fair few appearances now SB. Seen enough of him to feel he's not quite as solid as I had assumed he would based on his previous experiences. Id hoped he would be what Mowbray became when he came in. However he's not really helped the side when he's come on in the final stages of games. Quite the opposite imo. And when he's started fixtures he's not been that great imo.

The reason I say retire is only because I see him staying with town and becoming a coach.. I don't think personally we will see him using up a squad place in the new year.. hence I said retirement. If he were to leave ipswich then maybe he'll drop down a league.

Waka waka eh eh

22 man squad = departures on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 2476 viewsGlasgowBlue

22 man squad = departures on 11:15 - Nov 23 by FrimleyBlue

He's had a fair few appearances now SB. Seen enough of him to feel he's not quite as solid as I had assumed he would based on his previous experiences. Id hoped he would be what Mowbray became when he came in. However he's not really helped the side when he's come on in the final stages of games. Quite the opposite imo. And when he's started fixtures he's not been that great imo.

The reason I say retire is only because I see him staying with town and becoming a coach.. I don't think personally we will see him using up a squad place in the new year.. hence I said retirement. If he were to leave ipswich then maybe he'll drop down a league.

He had a poor game last night. As did one or two others. But he’s been very solid when called upon. I wouldn’t give up on him just yet.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

22 man squad = departures on 11:36 - Nov 23 with 2429 viewsFrimleyBlue

22 man squad = departures on 11:16 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

He had a poor game last night. As did one or two others. But he’s been very solid when called upon. I wouldn’t give up on him just yet.

We'll see and if does go onto become our new mogga. Excellent.

Waka waka eh eh

22 man squad = departures on 11:50 - Nov 23 with 2390 viewsStokieBlue

22 man squad = departures on 11:15 - Nov 23 by FrimleyBlue

OK, I understand now.

You posted a hot take based on assumptions and no evidence by your own admission and surprisingly it was nonsense.

Perhaps a lesson in there somewhere for you to ponder.

SB

22 man squad = departures on 12:01 - Nov 23 with 2324 viewsFrimleyBlue

22 man squad = departures on 11:50 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

OK, I understand now.

You posted a hot take based on assumptions and no evidence by your own admission and surprisingly it was nonsense.

Perhaps a lesson in there somewhere for you to ponder.

SB

Not really SB.

Think both he and Ball had plenty of champ appearances to assume they'd be worth a go at a time we were looking a bit ropey at the back.

Lesson for you again SB is that this is a football forum to discuss various forms of opinions whilst following the club. Some will be evidence based. Some will be assumptions. That's the joys of discussing football.

Difference between. I don't however get upset and make a spreadsheet on other people's posts like you do. What a said little life. But it's your life so I hope it brings you joy as we all only live once.

Waka waka eh eh

22 man squad = departures on 12:10 - Nov 23 with 2290 viewsStokieBlue

22 man squad = departures on 12:01 - Nov 23 by FrimleyBlue

Not really SB.

Think both he and Ball had plenty of champ appearances to assume they'd be worth a go at a time we were looking a bit ropey at the back.

Lesson for you again SB is that this is a football forum to discuss various forms of opinions whilst following the club. Some will be evidence based. Some will be assumptions. That's the joys of discussing football.

Difference between. I don't however get upset and make a spreadsheet on other people's posts like you do. What a said little life. But it's your life so I hope it brings you joy as we all only live once.

The spreadsheet trope is almost as pathetic as the WhatsApp group trope and Phil has already declared he's had enough of seeing that.

I understand that it must be hard for you to keep track of all your contradictory opinions so if a spreadsheet works for you then go for it. As for having a sad life, constantly posting random opinions on a football forum must surely be the pinnacle of that?

As for assumptions:

SB

22 man squad = departures on 12:15 - Nov 23 with 2270 viewsSpruceMoose

22 man squad = departures on 12:10 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

The spreadsheet trope is almost as pathetic as the WhatsApp group trope and Phil has already declared he's had enough of seeing that.

I understand that it must be hard for you to keep track of all your contradictory opinions so if a spreadsheet works for you then go for it. As for having a sad life, constantly posting random opinions on a football forum must surely be the pinnacle of that?

As for assumptions:

SB

Ignore him SB.

He talks about the joys of discussing football while doing all he can to suck all of the joy out of it with his torrent of rubbish, spraying all over the forum like an unmanned fire hose.

You'll never get one over on him as he hasn't the sense to know when he's wrong. You're better off debating a plant pot.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024