Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shorts 10:11 - Jun 17 with 1891 viewschicoazul

Not the new kit ones btw.
Lads does anyone else find it very hard to find decent shorts that fit these days? I don’t think I am out of the ordinary from a physique perspective but if I buy shorts the same width as my jeans I feel like I am being strangled from the thighs up.
Talking about big boy grown up shorts here incidentally not board shorts or jorts or cargos, none of which are acceptable for a grown adult male to be seen in in public.
Does anyone else feel my pain? Do I need to surrender myself to thigh pain for the rest of my life from May to September? If you do feel similar, as Jerseys would say, where do you go for good shorts?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Shorts on 10:47 - Jun 17 with 1617 viewsElephantintheRoom

You need to discover Mr Marvis.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Shorts on 10:49 - Jun 17 with 1611 viewschicoazul

Shorts on 10:47 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

You need to discover Mr Marvis.

Oohh nice thank you Nerders. They are a bit on the pricey side though, I am but a humble NHS employee these days.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Shorts on 11:09 - Jun 17 with 1575 viewsZx1988

It's very much a brand thing.

M&S are among the worst offenders in my book, especially given how nicely their chino trousers fit.

F&F at Tesco are definitely worth a look, as are Quba Sails - both fit really well despite my oversized thighs.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Shorts on 12:07 - Jun 17 with 1471 viewschicoazul

Shorts on 11:09 - Jun 17 by Zx1988

It's very much a brand thing.

M&S are among the worst offenders in my book, especially given how nicely their chino trousers fit.

F&F at Tesco are definitely worth a look, as are Quba Sails - both fit really well despite my oversized thighs.

Oh god yeah Marks’ are terrible. I’ll check out Quba thanks!

Shorts on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 1400 viewsElephantintheRoom

Shorts on 10:49 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Oohh nice thank you Nerders. They are a bit on the pricey side though, I am but a humble NHS employee these days.

Ive had mine three years and they still look like new. Cheaper shorts have long fallen apart over the same timescale. You get what you pay for

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Shorts on 13:53 - Jun 17 with 1345 viewsBiGDonnie

Primark for shorts brother!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Shorts on 14:38 - Jun 17 with 1310 viewschicoazul

Shorts on 13:53 - Jun 17 by BiGDonnie

Primark for shorts brother!

Yes someone irl said this to me but I wasn’t sure if I should take them seriously, anyway even I in my impoverished state have some standards. Are they really any good?

Shorts on 14:39 - Jun 17 with 1309 viewschicoazul

Shorts on 13:15 - Jun 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Ive had mine three years and they still look like new. Cheaper shorts have long fallen apart over the same timescale. You get what you pay for

Fair comment, and they seem to have a sale on now.

Login to get fewer ads

Shorts on 15:07 - Jun 17 with 1274 viewsDubtractor

I wear cargo shorts a lot still. Lovely and comfy - I'm not really a proper grown up though.

I do also own chino shorts by the likes of Element too, for when I want to look that bit smarter. Nothing tight fitting mind you, the boys need room to breathe......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Shorts on 15:13 - Jun 17 with 1241 viewsjeera

Shorts on 15:07 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

I wear cargo shorts a lot still. Lovely and comfy - I'm not really a proper grown up though.

I do also own chino shorts by the likes of Element too, for when I want to look that bit smarter. Nothing tight fitting mind you, the boys need room to breathe......

Above the knee shorts look fecking weird on men.

I prefer a looser cargo type fit too, with pockets for the phone/wallet/whatever.

Tailored shorts seem against the point somewhat, as most styles look too slimline and unnatural for shorts.

Still, each to their own.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shorts on 15:25 - Jun 17 with 1202 viewsGlasgowBlue

Penguin do decent shorts. I like them fitted, only slightly above the knee with a turn up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shorts on 15:26 - Jun 17 with 1210 viewsglasso

ASOS chino shorts. Got a bit of stretch in them for us 'thigh-heavy' men...
Shorts on 18:45 - Jun 17 with 1101 viewschicoazul

Thank you frens for all your recommendations! Dubbers I’m still not wearing cargos.

Shorts on 18:53 - Jun 17 with 1089 viewsnoggin

Everlane do the best shorts and chinos I've ever owned. Expensive because they are from the States but well worth it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Shorts on 19:20 - Jun 17 with 1071 viewsmarvellous

I've found Tu and Next fit well. The Tu ones aren't through stranglers and the ones from Next come in a variety of cuts - the slims are just that but not overly tight.
Shorts on 19:54 - Jun 17 with 1031 viewsjeera

I bought a few from Land's End a couple of years ago that I was pleased with.

I haven't looked this year as I'm already kitted out so not sure what they're stocking at the moment.

Shorts on 20:16 - Jun 17 with 1016 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shorts on 15:25 - Jun 17 by GlasgowBlue

Penguin do decent shorts. I like them fitted, only slightly above the knee with a turn up.

Where do you p-, p-, p-, pick up a pair of those?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shorts on 20:17 - Jun 17 with 1007 viewsBiGDonnie

Shorts on 14:38 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Yes someone irl said this to me but I wasn’t sure if I should take them seriously, anyway even I in my impoverished state have some standards. Are they really any good?

Yes mate. Might not last you years and years but for anything between £5-£15 you can't go wrong. Go to one of the bigger stores and there's a massive selection with several styles.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Shorts on 20:46 - Jun 17 with 989 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Percival.

Sometimes see them in TKMaxx for half price
Shorts on 21:33 - Jun 17 with 956 viewseireblue

https://spoke-london.com/collections/shorts
Shorts on 21:38 - Jun 17 with 948 viewsjeera

Shorts on 21:33 - Jun 17 by eireblue

Every model there looks like they're having trouble walking.

What is this madness where these tailored styles lack allowance for a few beers or a large meal out.

Shorts on 22:07 - Jun 17 with 929 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Doesn't everybody just cut off their old jeans?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Shorts on 22:20 - Jun 17 with 915 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shorts on 21:38 - Jun 17 by jeera

Every model there looks like they're having trouble walking.

What is this madness where these tailored styles lack allowance for a few beers or a large meal out.

They look like the sort of people who would wear espadrilles.

It is hard to find a decent short that doesn’t make you look like a chav (style too young), ones dad (too old) or a golfer (too tasteless). I’ve an older Fat Face pair that hit the spot, but I ain’t getting another year out of them and haven’t seen anything else.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shorts on 22:36 - Jun 17 with 881 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shorts on 21:33 - Jun 17 by eireblue

The Milanos look good.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shorts on 00:18 - Jun 18 with 826 viewsjeera

Shorts on 22:20 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

They look like the sort of people who would wear espadrilles.

It is hard to find a decent short that doesn’t make you look like a chav (style too young), ones dad (too old) or a golfer (too tasteless). I’ve an older Fat Face pair that hit the spot, but I ain’t getting another year out of them and haven’t seen anything else.

I honestly found some ok ones last year on Land's End site but have had a look and they are not running those styles this year. Not yet at least.

Being an importer I do know from experience their stock may well come in staggered so there's still hope.

Atm all they have is the same sort we've seen on all the other sites so far on this thread.

Maybe that's just the current trend and we are out of date. Speaking for myself I wouldn't rule that out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024