Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night 10:52 - Feb 16 with 3367 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Seen him described as Unfit by Crewe fans, tbf he hasn’t played a lot of minutes this season. But comments about regularly being caught out in possession, last thing he needs is to be sitting on the bench for a club who are free falling in to league 2.

A player with so much promise at the start of the season, not going great for him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 10:57 - Feb 16 with 3335 viewsiamipswich

Something that's frustrated me about Harper, and Stuart Watson has alluded to the same, is how he described himself as a 'beast' on signing but we never saw anything close to power or strength from him. He seemed casual on the ball and didn't have the urgency we needed. It's a shame as he's young and clearly got talent in there but wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here next year.

Poll: Who will return first?

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 10:59 - Feb 16 with 3301 viewsjayessess

A lot of people asked why he'd disappeared and if he was any worse than Bakinson, but I did wonder if he'd just not been showing it in training. Perhaps the whole experience of dropping down the divisions has left him a bit demoralised.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 11:28]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:09 - Feb 16 with 3224 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 10:57 - Feb 16 by iamipswich

Something that's frustrated me about Harper, and Stuart Watson has alluded to the same, is how he described himself as a 'beast' on signing but we never saw anything close to power or strength from him. He seemed casual on the ball and didn't have the urgency we needed. It's a shame as he's young and clearly got talent in there but wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here next year.

You are right. At the same time though we only got to see him play in a midfield two of him and Evans, which was so poor as neither of them are ball winning midfielders Per se. So they were both trying to do the same thing. Perhaps playing along side someone like Morsy would’ve made him look better. Who knows

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:17 - Feb 16 with 3141 viewsSwansea_Blue

JET mark 2 if he's not careful. Seems to have some talent, but not the consistency. Far too early to write him of of course, but it hasn't been the best start for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:34 - Feb 16 with 3070 viewsHipsterectomy

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 10:59 - Feb 16 by jayessess

A lot of people asked why he'd disappeared and if he was any worse than Bakinson, but I did wonder if he'd just not been showing it in training. Perhaps the whole experience of dropping down the divisions has left him a bit demoralised.

This is true. Some players respond well to the disappointment of rejection and career regression. Others find it hard to break from that mindset.

He did well at Birmingham last year to the point that their fans felt they had zero chance of getting him permanently as he was too good for them. Now he's found himself on the bench of a League 2 bound club.

I was hoping that McKenna's comments about him being very much in his plans for building a squad around etc would motivate him to kick on.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 3006 viewsjayessess

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:34 - Feb 16 by Hipsterectomy

This is true. Some players respond well to the disappointment of rejection and career regression. Others find it hard to break from that mindset.

He did well at Birmingham last year to the point that their fans felt they had zero chance of getting him permanently as he was too good for them. Now he's found himself on the bench of a League 2 bound club.

I was hoping that McKenna's comments about him being very much in his plans for building a squad around etc would motivate him to kick on.

Can't be easy mentally. You can only hope somebody finds a way to get him going again.

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:55 - Feb 16 with 2949 viewsitfcsuth

I'm not surprised he is unfit, or lack in sharpness, he has barely played a minute since about November.

He's going through a sticky spell, he's 21 years old, it's part of his development, he'll be absolutely fine.
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 12:52 - Feb 16 with 2775 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:55 - Feb 16 by itfcsuth

I'm not surprised he is unfit, or lack in sharpness, he has barely played a minute since about November.

He's going through a sticky spell, he's 21 years old, it's part of his development, he'll be absolutely fine.

He looked VERY good in that first half at Cheltenham, I remarked on it at the time. Really thought he'd kick on.
Login to get fewer ads

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 12:58 - Feb 16 with 2745 viewsitfcsuth

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 12:52 - Feb 16 by OsborneOneNil

He looked VERY good in that first half at Cheltenham, I remarked on it at the time. Really thought he'd kick on.

I think there is a talented footballer there, his pedigree would suggest so - I'm sure he still has a long term future here, it is easy to forget he is still just 21.
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 13:31 - Feb 16 with 2588 viewsitfcjoe

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:55 - Feb 16 by itfcsuth

THink he had covid quite badly as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

[Redacted] on 13:43 - Feb 16 with 2511 viewsvictorywilhappen

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:46 - Feb 16 by jayessess

Can't be easy mentally. You can only hope somebody finds a way to get him going again.

[Redacted]
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:29 - Feb 16 with 2188 viewsVeggie

There seems to be a bit of a problem in academies if players coming through don’t appear to have any desire. Perhaps they are putting too much faith in natural ability and less faith in downright determination. Dozzell, like Harper, is an example of a player that has quality but doesn’t appear to show a bit of fire in his belly.

And before someone comes in and insinuates racism, as often appears to a theme on here, I was a huge fan of Dozzell senior. As I am a fan of Morsy too.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:33]
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:34 - Feb 16 with 2160 viewsitfcjoe

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:29 - Feb 16 by Veggie

There seems to be a bit of a problem in academies if players coming through don’t appear to have any desire. Perhaps they are putting too much faith in natural ability and less faith in downright determination. Dozzell, like Harper, is an example of a player that has quality but doesn’t appear to show a bit of fire in his belly.

And before someone comes in and insinuates racism, as often appears to a theme on here, I was a huge fan of Dozzell senior. As I am a fan of Morsy too.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:33]

These players don't make it to the first teams if they don't have desire, they have had to fight tooth and nail from before they hit puberty to stay in dog eat dog academies and progress.

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:54 - Feb 16 with 2078 viewsVeggie

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:34 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

These players don't make it to the first teams if they don't have desire, they have had to fight tooth and nail from before they hit puberty to stay in dog eat dog academies and progress.

How come some players never seem to show it once they reach the first team? Maybe youth football is too easy for them and they get used to strolling through games. Or maybe they think they’ve made it and don’t need to try 100% any more?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:58]
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:02 - Feb 16 with 2050 viewsNthQldITFC

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 10:59 - Feb 16 by jayessess

Can definitely understand if he's a bit demoralised, but we've got to remember how young he is still. Even if the Crewe loan doesn't work out, I'd hope he gets plenty of time and help to find his way here, because he's got some really good attributes from what I've seen.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:17 - Feb 16 with 1991 viewsjayessess

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 16:54 - Feb 16 by Veggie

How come some players never seem to show it once they reach the first team? Maybe youth football is too easy for them and they get used to strolling through games. Or maybe they think they’ve made it and don’t need to try 100% any more?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:58]

Been banging this drum for years but... football fans are terrible for diagnosing desire as a problem when ability is the issue. The vast majority of footballers are motivated and ambitious, the rewards for being good get exponentially better the further you go in the game.

If a player, especially a younger player, looks like they're "strolling through a game" it's very very unlikely they aren't motivated, it'll be an attribute they lack that's keeping them from getting more involved (could be game awareness, stamina, good off the ball movement, concentration, anything like that).
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 17:56]

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:32 - Feb 16 with 1911 viewsVeggie

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:17 - Feb 16 by jayessess

Been banging this drum for years but... football fans are terrible for diagnosing desire as a problem when ability is the issue. The vast majority of footballers are motivated and ambitious, the rewards for being good get exponentially better the further you go in the game.

If a player, especially a younger player, looks like they're "strolling through a game" it's very very unlikely they aren't motivated, it'll be an attribute they lack that's keeping them from getting more involved (could be game awareness, stamina, good off the ball movement, concentration, anything like that).
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 17:56]

Maybe you should tell Mourinho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573645/amp/Modern-footballers-vain-ove
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:56 - Feb 16 with 1841 viewsjayessess

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 17:32 - Feb 16 by Veggie

Maybe you should tell Mourinho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573645/amp/Modern-footballers-vain-ove

People have been complaining about younger generations and their lack of work ethic since the dawn of time.

Mourinho's been on a downward trajectory since 2014, so maybe contempt for young people isn't a very successful managerial strategy?

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 18:49 - Feb 16 with 1711 viewsjas0999

I wonder how many of cooks signings will be moved on in the summer? You would think Haroer is a candidate. Piggot maybe?
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 19:10 - Feb 16 with 1668 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 18:49 - Feb 16 by jas0999

I wonder how many of cooks signings will be moved on in the summer? You would think Haroer is a candidate. Piggot maybe?

I can’t see how Piggott stays to be honest as much as I’d like him to succeed.
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 19:17 - Feb 16 with 1639 viewsAsa

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 19:10 - Feb 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Would be a major surprise.

McKenna can’t fit him into his preferred system now and Jackson, Norwood and Bonne all offer things the managers system seems to prefer.

If Piggott isn’t fancied now, when we can’t recruit, then I can’t see any way he is here next season when McKenna can go out and pick a couple of forwards that’ll compliment our style perfectly.

Unless Piggott suddenly starts banging them in you’d imagine he will move on and, like Fraser, presumably there’s plenty of other League One clubs where he might fit the system or be considered a star there.
Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 19:43 - Feb 16 with 1560 viewsitfcjoe

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 19:10 - Feb 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Only way is because it'll be tough to move him on and he may just catch fire at some point in pre season and get an opportunity - remember Jackson, Bonne and Norwood are all up so he has a chance of being only striker at one point

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 20:20 - Feb 16 with 1430 viewsistanblue

Rekeem Harper dropped on to the bench for Crewe last night on 11:17 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

JET mark 2 if he's not careful. Seems to have some talent, but not the consistency. Far too early to write him of of course, but it hasn't been the best start for him.

JET was miles ahead of Harper. Don't forget JET scored 21 goals for Bristol City in this league in a single season and won it in 14-15.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024