Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wesley Fofana Tackle 23:01 - Aug 4 with 3759 viewsLeeds_Blue

What a horror tackle should absolutely under no circumstances be made in pre season, I know we were complaining about the dobra bullying but this is on a different level no one should have to leave the pitch for the entire season before it even starts!

I’d like to see a lengthy ban but we know the governing bodies, if someone doesn’t get a ban for using a racial slur then this won’t! But you never know!

Good to see he’s alright with his Instagram story being retweeted below

[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 23:02]
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:03 - Aug 4 with 3256 viewsFreddies_Ears

The defender did win the ball though? Maybe it was a wee bit enthusiastic, but the injury was surely bad luck?
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:08 - Aug 4 with 3214 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Terrible challenge and a terrible outcome. Can understand a degree of anger over it too.

The player should have received a red card regardless of it being pre-season. Sometimes refs get managers to substitute players instead so I guess that is an option.

He should be treated in the same way as if he had done the same challenge in a competitive match. I cannot believe there is any intent in the challenge any more than there would have been in a competitive match. There is less at stake so why would there be more intent.

Whatever ban the player gets will make no difference to Fofana. Hope he recovers well and is back playing before the end of the season after all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:11 - Aug 4 with 3179 viewsMattinLondon

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:08 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Terrible challenge and a terrible outcome. Can understand a degree of anger over it too.

The player should have received a red card regardless of it being pre-season. Sometimes refs get managers to substitute players instead so I guess that is an option.

He should be treated in the same way as if he had done the same challenge in a competitive match. I cannot believe there is any intent in the challenge any more than there would have been in a competitive match. There is less at stake so why would there be more intent.

Whatever ban the player gets will make no difference to Fofana. Hope he recovers well and is back playing before the end of the season after all.

It didn’t seem that bad - his teammate carried on so maybe it didn’t look that bad in real time.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:14 - Aug 4 with 3156 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:11 - Aug 4 by MattinLondon

It didn’t seem that bad - his teammate carried on so maybe it didn’t look that bad in real time.

It is the scissor action, especially as he follows it right through wrapping Fofana's standing leg. It is quite probable the other player did not watch the challenge through after the initial challenge.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:18 - Aug 4 with 3122 viewsMattinLondon

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:14 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is the scissor action, especially as he follows it right through wrapping Fofana's standing leg. It is quite probable the other player did not watch the challenge through after the initial challenge.

Good point. Didn’t think of that.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 01:25 - Aug 5 with 2909 viewsIllinoisblue

Looked more clumsy than malicious

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 07:40 - Aug 5 with 2605 viewsSwailsey

There’s a video circulating that 3 mins before Fofana caught Nino with a late (ish) tackle, but won the ball. It seems this was retaliation - which makes it much worse.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 07:43 - Aug 5 with 2598 viewsRadioOrwell

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 01:25 - Aug 5 by Illinoisblue

Looked more clumsy than malicious

There was literally no chance of him winning the ball so you can't put it down to 'clumsiness'.
Certainly deliberate.
Login to get fewer ads

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 08:09 - Aug 5 with 2488 viewsnoggin

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 07:43 - Aug 5 by RadioOrwell

There was literally no chance of him winning the ball so you can't put it down to 'clumsiness'.
Certainly deliberate.

He did win the ball.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 08:18 - Aug 5 with 2437 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Obviously has a horrible outcome, but I really can’t see what the fuss is about

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 08:47 - Aug 5 with 2322 viewsRobTheMonk

Seen much worse to be fair. Ball is there to be won. The follow through is a little naughty though.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 08:50 - Aug 5 with 2306 viewsstopmoaning

It's like he's been watching too much Karate kid, sweeping his legs!

That is awful.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 09:03 - Aug 5 with 2246 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

*heads to fantasy football transfers*

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 09:05 - Aug 5 with 2231 viewsRadioOrwell

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 08:09 - Aug 5 by noggin

He did win the ball.

yes he did
:)
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:03 - Aug 5 with 2110 viewsHighgateBlue

I do feel for the lad- what an awful (and painful) thing to happen. I'm just not certain it's such a bad tackle as some are saying. Nino commits to the tackle before Fofana plants his foot. There's no way of knowing he's going to plant his foot. Fofana could have seen Nino coming and been bullied off the ball, but he tries to shield it. Both players are 100% committed. I really do think it's very unfortunate. If you pause the action at the point in time where Nino commits, I don't think you can say at that point that he's being overly reckless.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:08 - Aug 5 with 2087 viewsWallingford_Boy

Hardly a horror tackle!!

It was a bad tackle, but he played the ball as his other leg took the man too, so yeah a foul, but not as bad as it looks slowed down.

As for calling for a ban.... ha!

RIP Sir Bobby

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:15 - Aug 5 with 2061 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:03 - Aug 4 by Freddies_Ears

The defender did win the ball though? Maybe it was a wee bit enthusiastic, but the injury was surely bad luck?

I assume that's sarcasm, as there's nothing unlucky by a scissor tackle chopping someone's leg in half.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:18 - Aug 5 with 2045 viewschicoazul

It’s not that bad, see worse at semi pro level all the time

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:21 - Aug 5 with 2035 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 23:14 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Absolutely. It's a straight red all day long in 999 out of 1,000 matches.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 1984 viewsrkc123

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:21 - Aug 5 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely. It's a straight red all day long in 999 out of 1,000 matches.

It's an awful tackle, it's not just scissor action, the player has literally sat on Fofana's ankle and given the force he came in with it was always going to be nasty. The 'well he got the ball' argument hasn't applied for years, the tackling player is essentially responsible for ensuring the safety of the person they are tackling, this was reckless to say the least.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:59 - Aug 5 with 1959 viewsSwailsey

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 07:40 - Aug 5 by Swailsey

There’s a video circulating that 3 mins before Fofana caught Nino with a late (ish) tackle, but won the ball. It seems this was retaliation - which makes it much worse.

Bumping this.

The fact it was in retaliation and in a friendly makes this really poor IMO and a ban wouldn’t be unreasonable.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 11:07 - Aug 5 with 1935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:59 - Aug 5 by Swailsey

Bumping this.

The fact it was in retaliation and in a friendly makes this really poor IMO and a ban wouldn’t be unreasonable.

Interesting use of the word ‘fact’ there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 11:51 - Aug 5 with 1851 viewsnoggin

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 10:54 - Aug 5 by rkc123

It's an awful tackle, it's not just scissor action, the player has literally sat on Fofana's ankle and given the force he came in with it was always going to be nasty. The 'well he got the ball' argument hasn't applied for years, the tackling player is essentially responsible for ensuring the safety of the person they are tackling, this was reckless to say the least.

Yeah I'm afraid the modern game has left me behind. I still think of football as a full contact sport but it's fast becoming a no contact sport. That challenge would have been a free kick back in the day, nothing more.

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 13:00 - Aug 5 with 1750 viewsMattinLondon

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 11:51 - Aug 5 by noggin

Yeah I'm afraid the modern game has left me behind. I still think of football as a full contact sport but it's fast becoming a no contact sport. That challenge would have been a free kick back in the day, nothing more.

Probably why, back in the day, a lot of footballers careers were finished relatively quickly.
Wesley Fofana Tackle on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 1733 viewsnoggin

Wesley Fofana Tackle on 13:00 - Aug 5 by MattinLondon

Probably why, back in the day, a lot of footballers careers were finished relatively quickly.

That and the smoking and drinking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024