Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab 22:09 - Aug 3 with 2576 viewsElderGrizzly

Good news and another step towards us getting out of this

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 22:24 - Aug 3 with 2011 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is the age group that has the highest levels of infections currently isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 22:56 - Aug 3 with 1970 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The quote tweets for that tweet - Christ. The rabid anti-vaxxers are just terrifying.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 23:19 - Aug 3 with 1953 viewsDinDjarin

Not sure about this if I am honest.
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 00:56 - Aug 4 with 1922 viewsbournemouthblue

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 22:56 - Aug 3 by The_Romford_Blue

The quote tweets for that tweet - Christ. The rabid anti-vaxxers are just terrifying.

It's amazing how the cosmic right are unable to compute
that teenagers are able to spread the virus, even if it isn't a huge threat to them, they maybe a threat to others

Do we have any numbers on people reacting badly to the vaccine?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 05:41 - Aug 4 with 1865 viewstextbackup

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 23:19 - Aug 3 by DinDjarin

Means I have 7 years to grown an extra head after having my jab to see if it’s safe for my kids to have the jab when 16.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 06:50 - Aug 4 with 1818 viewsKeno

I guess it could be affected by the polio, small pox and measles they are suffering from ……. Oh

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:21 - Aug 4 with 1801 viewsBlueBadger

You do come across as a bit dim at times, though, so I can see why you'd be not sure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:22 - Aug 4 with 1802 viewsBlueBadger

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 00:56 - Aug 4 by bournemouthblue

that teenagers are able to spread the virus, even if it isn't a huge threat to them, they maybe a threat to others

Feeling a bit flu-y and headachey is pretty common, serious stuff like clots is around one in several million.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:39 - Aug 4 with 1767 viewsSteve_M

Good, need to extend it to younger teenagers next to reduce the rapid spread when schools return in September. Not sure why this is the advice now and wasn't two weeks ago unless there is a supply issue though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:41 - Aug 4 with 1763 viewsEly_Blue

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:22 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

Feeling a bit flu-y and headachey is pretty common, serious stuff like clots is around one in several million.

So what you’re saying is the blood clot risk is lower than said teenagers getting run over by a bus because they crossed the road whilst not being able to take their eyes off their smartphone for 30 seconds?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:49 - Aug 4 with 1749 viewsMerseyBlue

This is good in my opinion - the only sad thing about this is that the children of anti-vaxxers, who don't agree with their parents, are going to be demonised by their own family for being tricked by the "scamdemic".

I haven't read anything other than this on it yet, but would a child of 16 or 17 be allowed to be jabbed without parental consent? I assume so as they're deemed old enough to consent to sex.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:26 - Aug 4 with 1713 viewsDigger77

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 00:56 - Aug 4 by bournemouthblue

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:36 - Aug 4 with 1689 viewsLightworker

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:21 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

You do come across as a bit dim at times, though, so I can see why you'd be not sure.

The vaccines do not stop you getting covid and they don't entirely prevent transmission, only reduce symptoms. This age group get very mild symptoms anyway and have a near zero chance of death in otherwise healthy individuals.

We already have documented ( albeit rare ) cases in the US and Israel of young people developing heart conditions and other side effects after taking the vaccine and we don't have any long term safety data on what is ultimately a brand new technology ( MRNA vaccines ), never used previously in humans.

I myself have had the jab and my Children have had all their childhood vaccinations so I am no ant-vaxxer but equally I would not give any vaccine to my Children where I don't think the risk/benefit ratio is clearly in their favour. I am not sure it's fair to call the poster 'dim' for saying something that is perfectly reasonable based on the evidence.
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:48 - Aug 4 with 1662 viewsSteve_M

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:36 - Aug 4 by Lightworker

The vaccines do not stop you getting covid and they don't entirely prevent transmission, only reduce symptoms. This age group get very mild symptoms anyway and have a near zero chance of death in otherwise healthy individuals.

We already have documented ( albeit rare ) cases in the US and Israel of young people developing heart conditions and other side effects after taking the vaccine and we don't have any long term safety data on what is ultimately a brand new technology ( MRNA vaccines ), never used previously in humans.

I myself have had the jab and my Children have had all their childhood vaccinations so I am no ant-vaxxer but equally I would not give any vaccine to my Children where I don't think the risk/benefit ratio is clearly in their favour. I am not sure it's fair to call the poster 'dim' for saying something that is perfectly reasonable based on the evidence.

Hmmm, every post of yours displays vaccine scepticism in some form or other. No mention of football or favourite cheese.

You need some numbers to back up the 'near zero chance of death' for young people in your first paragraph and the 'documented (albeit rare) cases....' in your second. Otherwise the comparison is meaningless.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:51 - Aug 4 with 1656 viewsKeno

so lets say afore mentioned unjabbed teenager gets full blown covid and recovers but in the process infects their grandparents who because of their age and despite being vaccinated die do you still think the poor little darling was right not to be protected?

How many times do people have to be told its isnt just about them!!!

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 09:48 - Aug 4 with 1584 viewsLightworker

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:48 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

Hmmm, every post of yours displays vaccine scepticism in some form or other. No mention of football or favourite cheese.

You need some numbers to back up the 'near zero chance of death' for young people in your first paragraph and the 'documented (albeit rare) cases....' in your second. Otherwise the comparison is meaningless.

Hello Steve, I didn't think it was contentious information to be honest as it is well documented that deaths among healthy teenagers are very very low.

It is in fact statistically zero for 15-19 year old's and that is including those with underlying health conditions.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=nation&areaName=Engl

According to data out of Israel there was around 1 case of Myocarditis per 6000 in the 16 -24 age group after 2 doses of Pfizer. Most of these were mild.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/israel-reports-link-between-rare-cases-h

As I said it is very rare but still needs to be considered and it's quite reasonable to be cautious where children are concerned where risk from the disease is low and where we don't have the long term safety data. Do you disagree with this position? If so why?

As for football and Cheese, I am very much a blue and will be going on Saturday, north stand upper. Can't wait to see how the new look team shapes up in a competitive game. My favourite Cheese is a french one called Comte!
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:07 - Aug 4 with 1556 viewsLightworker

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 08:51 - Aug 4 by Keno

so lets say afore mentioned unjabbed teenager gets full blown covid and recovers but in the process infects their grandparents who because of their age and despite being vaccinated die do you still think the poor little darling was right not to be protected?

How many times do people have to be told its isnt just about them!!!

But we have seen that people are still contracting and spreading Covid despite vaccination so your rather extreme example could happen regardless.

Any medical intervention has to be considered on a risk/benefit ratio to the patient in my opinion. I am not comfortable with the idea of using younger Children to protect Adults ( who have already been offered the jab ) unless it is 100% clear that the risk from the treatment them is not greater than the benefit. You may think differently and that is perfectly fine.
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:10 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsKeno

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:07 - Aug 4 by Lightworker

But we have seen that people are still contracting and spreading Covid despite vaccination so your rather extreme example could happen regardless.

Any medical intervention has to be considered on a risk/benefit ratio to the patient in my opinion. I am not comfortable with the idea of using younger Children to protect Adults ( who have already been offered the jab ) unless it is 100% clear that the risk from the treatment them is not greater than the benefit. You may think differently and that is perfectly fine.

but we arent talking about "younger Children" we are talking about kids in their mid/late teens

I also take it that when you say "the treatment them is not greater than the benefit" you say so in the knowledge you know of no "younger Children" who have been affected by polio, small pox etc etc etc

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:37 - Aug 4 with 1516 viewsBlueBadger

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:49 - Aug 4 by MerseyBlue

This is good in my opinion - the only sad thing about this is that the children of anti-vaxxers, who don't agree with their parents, are going to be demonised by their own family for being tricked by the "scamdemic".

I haven't read anything other than this on it yet, but would a child of 16 or 17 be allowed to be jabbed without parental consent? I assume so as they're deemed old enough to consent to sex.

In this country, you are allowed to consent to medical treatment at 16, barring extreme circumstances.

'But Bill Gates will be watching you play with yourself' is definitely not that.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/children/#:~:text=People%20ag

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 1468 viewstextbackup

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:21 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

Incredible how comfortable you are talking down to people, and belittling them for having a differing of opinion to your own

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 1446 viewsCotty

The reason this decision has taken so long is that they need strong evidence of that risk:benefit ratio. What statistics are you party to that the JCVI are not? What qualifications do you have to make an alternative judgement on this?
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 11:43 - Aug 4 with 1430 viewsMerseyBlue

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:37 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

In this country, you are allowed to consent to medical treatment at 16, barring extreme circumstances.

'But Bill Gates will be watching you play with yourself' is definitely not that.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/children/#:~:text=People%20ag

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

Yeah that's a rubbish excuse. I assumed Bill had been watching me play with myself since the day I bought my first webcam - it's the main reason I bought one!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 14:43 - Aug 4 with 1340 viewsLightworker

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 10:10 - Aug 4 by Keno

but we arent talking about "younger Children" we are talking about kids in their mid/late teens

I also take it that when you say "the treatment them is not greater than the benefit" you say so in the knowledge you know of no "younger Children" who have been affected by polio, small pox etc etc etc

You are quite right is is teens we are talking about but my basic point stands.

I'm a bit confused by the reference to Smallpox and Polio to be honest. Smallpox was eradicated many years ago so vaccines are no longer given and children are protected from Polio by a vaccine that has many years of safety data. My Children have had this vaccine and others, not sure what point you are trying to make here, perhaps you could explain further?
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 1325 viewsLightworker

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 11:34 - Aug 4 by Cotty

The reason this decision has taken so long is that they need strong evidence of that risk:benefit ratio. What statistics are you party to that the JCVI are not? What qualifications do you have to make an alternative judgement on this?

I think you might need to re-read my posts. I haven't directly question the JCVI decision, I merely defended a poster who was labelled dim for saying he wasn't sure. It is perfectly reasonable to question the merit of giving a vaccine to a young person for whom the personal benefit is likely to be extremely small and for which the long term safety data doesn't exist.
16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 14:55 - Aug 4 with 1317 viewsSwansea_Blue

16 & 17 year olds to be eligible for Covid jab on 07:22 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

And besides, even though people worry about the microchip you can't even feel it once it's been injected 🤪

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024