Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 13:07 - Apr 1 with 7263 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:10 - Apr 1 with 4273 viewshype313

Gammon's gonna Gammon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:11 - Apr 1 with 4273 viewsGeomorph

Bet the locals are gutted in the Costa del Sol...
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:12 - Apr 1 with 4260 viewsPlums

Actions have consequences. Some people seem to learning that very late in life.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

[Redacted] on 13:16 - Apr 1 with 4230 viewsvictorywilhappen

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:11 - Apr 1 by Geomorph

Bet the locals are gutted in the Costa del Sol...

[Redacted]
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:16 - Apr 1 with 4229 viewsfooters

Spain taking back control of their borders, eh? How dare they.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:19 - Apr 1 with 4208 viewsfactual_blue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:16 - Apr 1 by footers

Spain taking back control of their borders, eh? How dare they.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to infer his application was rejected because he has a criminal record.

Or because he's thick.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:21 - Apr 1 with 4191 viewsfooters

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:19 - Apr 1 by factual_blue

I don't think it would be unreasonable to infer his application was rejected because he has a criminal record.

Or because he's thick.

Criminally thick?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:23 - Apr 1 with 4183 viewsfactual_blue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:21 - Apr 1 by footers

Criminally thick?

I didn't expect you to post your Tinder profile.

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 13:25 - Apr 1 with 4168 viewsvictorywilhappen

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:19 - Apr 1 by factual_blue

Or because he's thick.

[Redacted]
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:29 - Apr 1 with 4151 viewsfactual_blue

[Redacted] on 13:25 - Apr 1 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:39 - Apr 1 with 4118 viewsBasuco

He lived in the EU rather than Briton for 5 years, but decided he did not want to be part of the EU and voted to leave! You could say he got exactly what he voted for, he has now left the EU, or the turkey voted for Christmas and got his reward for doing it.
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:42 - Apr 1 with 4100 viewswkj

How on earth does anyone in their situation think that voting for Brexit was going to do anything but make their lives as expats more difficult?

Then complaining about having to return home?

Not very patriotic really is it?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:06 - Apr 1 with 3980 viewsFreddies_Ears

Or because he's thick.

Quite a few Brits had lived in Spain without registering for tax / health services etc. They have now found they can't apply for residency.

People in UK who have lived similarly are generally referred to as "illegal immigrants" and expected to "go back where they came from".

It has been mentioned that there is room for a "New Life in the Sh1t" relocation programme on telly, showing Brexiteer returnees viewing run-down flats on cr@p estates, being the only options within their budget...
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:27 - Apr 1 with 3936 viewsGeoffSentence

This is the only good thing to come out of Brexit, the schaudenfreude of seeing some of those who voted for it realising that they have fwcked themselves over.

Cruel I know, but I also smiled at the French woman who caught Covid waiting for the pfizer jab having refused the AZ one previously.

I think I must be wicked to the bone.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:32 - Apr 1 with 3917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Let's call this exactly what it is.

Immigrants being sent "home".

Exactly what they were voting for ... without realising that as "ex-pats" they were immigrants.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:38 - Apr 1 with 3875 viewsleitrimblue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:06 - Apr 1 by Freddies_Ears

Quite a few Brits had lived in Spain without registering for tax / health services etc. They have now found they can't apply for residency.

People in UK who have lived similarly are generally referred to as "illegal immigrants" and expected to "go back where they came from".

It has been mentioned that there is room for a "New Life in the Sh1t" relocation programme on telly, showing Brexiteer returnees viewing run-down flats on cr@p estates, being the only options within their budget...

I would happily watch 'new life in sh1t location'.
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 3851 viewsLord_Lucan

It is staggering how dense some people are.

My auntie voted Brexit and and both her daughters and all her grandchildren live in France. Her daughters went bonkers when they found out.

I haven't read what your post is about but I am guessing that it's about some English bod who has a house in Spain and he voted Brexit.

Now I can understand why some people voted Brexit but I can't understand why someone who is living in Spain would - although wasn't there some kind of agreement where ex pats who were already there were allowed to stay?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:54 - Apr 1 with 3810 viewsWeWereZombies

[Redacted] on 13:25 - Apr 1 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Most of us are in tiers...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:07 - Apr 1 with 3795 viewsfactual_blue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:06 - Apr 1 by Freddies_Ears

Their budget being further diminished by being unable to sell their grubby little apartment for more than about €300.

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:13 - Apr 1 with 3777 viewsDarkHorse

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 13:10 - Apr 1 by hype313

Gammon's gonna Gammon.

Gammons for Gammons.

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:15 - Apr 1 with 3775 viewsfactual_blue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:27 - Apr 1 by GeoffSentence

This is the only good thing to come out of Brexit, the schaudenfreude of seeing some of those who voted for it realising that they have fwcked themselves over.

Cruel I know, but I also smiled at the French woman who caught Covid waiting for the pfizer jab having refused the AZ one previously.

I think I must be wicked to the bone.

You can't say 'schaudenfreude' any more.

The words 'malicious joy' are, however, oven-ready for your use.

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:21 - Apr 1 with 3745 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 15:41 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

It is staggering how dense some people are.

My auntie voted Brexit and and both her daughters and all her grandchildren live in France. Her daughters went bonkers when they found out.

I haven't read what your post is about but I am guessing that it's about some English bod who has a house in Spain and he voted Brexit.

Now I can understand why some people voted Brexit but I can't understand why someone who is living in Spain would - although wasn't there some kind of agreement where ex pats who were already there were allowed to stay?

Yeah, expats in the EU had a grace period of 90 days to get their house in order after we left on 31st December last. That expired yesterday for many, so they've all had to apply for residency [edited from citizenship, thanks for VWH for pointing out] or pack their bags.

I'd have some sympathy if they were told a lie by the leading brexiteers; highly likely, but I don't know whether they were. I assumed that a no deal (no customs union and single market) would automatically mean we'd lose freedom of movement. I thought that's what bexiteers wanted and Priti Patel seems positively joyous and proud that we've all lost our EU free movement.

I think the information was there if they wanted to find it, not that I paid much attention to the expat situation.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:40]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:34 - Apr 1 with 3711 viewsLord_Lucan

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:21 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, expats in the EU had a grace period of 90 days to get their house in order after we left on 31st December last. That expired yesterday for many, so they've all had to apply for residency [edited from citizenship, thanks for VWH for pointing out] or pack their bags.

I'd have some sympathy if they were told a lie by the leading brexiteers; highly likely, but I don't know whether they were. I assumed that a no deal (no customs union and single market) would automatically mean we'd lose freedom of movement. I thought that's what bexiteers wanted and Priti Patel seems positively joyous and proud that we've all lost our EU free movement.

I think the information was there if they wanted to find it, not that I paid much attention to the expat situation.

You have to be a special sort of person not to have looked into things if you lived within the EU.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

[Redacted] on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 3678 viewsvictorywilhappen

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:34 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

You have to be a special sort of person not to have looked into things if you lived within the EU.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 3662 viewsvictorywilhappen

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU ... on 16:21 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024