Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s stop flouncing 09:21 - Dec 5 with 1557 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:26 - Dec 5 with 1398 viewsPlums

“Be quiet, sit down, watch the club fall apart”

Now there’s a banner 10% of the fanbase can get behind.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:28 - Dec 5 with 1381 viewsRegencyBlue

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:26 - Dec 5 by Plums

They’ve been doing that for the entire Evans regime!
Let’s stop flouncing on 09:30 - Dec 5 with 1370 viewsWD19

I, for one, do not intend to stop tutting.
Let’s stop flouncing on 09:32 - Dec 5 with 1357 viewsDubtractor

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:30 - Dec 5 by WD19

I, for one, do not intend to stop tutting.

I'll go further than that. I'm going to occasionally sigh quite dramatically.

Fight the power!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:35 - Dec 5 with 1341 viewsChrisd

This is why nothing changes at our club because it’s easier to let things go. Be honest, are we a side that is going places? We struggle to create chances, struggle to score goals and we’ve got the 21st worst stats in the final third in L1, not really reflective of a side that’s 5th and this will catch up with this us ultimately. Let’s not forget, how we finished last season on top of our our abysmal form against top 8 sides. PL needs to go and our owner that continues to invest the bare minimum and genuinely lacks ambition for our club can follow PL out the door. We simple can’t move forward and things won’t change while these two remain.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 9:36]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:41 - Dec 5 with 1315 viewsBryanPlug

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:35 - Dec 5 by Chrisd

This is why nothing changes at our club because it’s easier to let things go. Be honest, are we a side that is going places? We struggle to create chances, struggle to score goals and we’ve got the 21st worst stats in the final third in L1, not really reflective of a side that’s 5th and this will catch up with this us ultimately. Let’s not forget, how we finished last season on top of our our abysmal form against top 8 sides. PL needs to go and our owner that continues to invest the bare minimum and genuinely lacks ambition for our club can follow PL out the door. We simple can’t move forward and things won’t change while these two remain.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 9:36]

[content removed at owner's request]

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:51 - Dec 5 with 1287 viewsChrisd

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:41 - Dec 5 by BryanPlug

ME needs to change his approach completely. This isn't something he’s shown he’s capable of over the last 13 years. I honestly, feel we’re stuck in this rut because of him. We need someone that invests in us both financially and emotionally. So for me, we need someone with fresh ideas and a genuine plan to get us going again as a club. That won’t happen on ME’s watch.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:55 - Dec 5 with 1269 viewsBryanPlug

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:51 - Dec 5 by Chrisd

ME needs to change his approach completely. This isn't something he’s shown he’s capable of over the last 13 years. I honestly, feel we’re stuck in this rut because of him. We need someone that invests in us both financially and emotionally. So for me, we need someone with fresh ideas and a genuine plan to get us going again as a club. That won’t happen on ME’s watch.

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:20 - Dec 5 with 1193 viewsNthQldITFC

May I still prance, if I do it in the privacy of mine own home?

If not, a little strut?

Or a gentle mince?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:24 - Dec 5 with 1177 viewsKeaneish

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:55 - Dec 5 by BryanPlug

Why do we need a benefactor? If we had a small dedicated body of fans, we could spear head supporting this club financially ourselves. We wouldn’t have the funds to buy out Evans but we could raise the cash to keep the club afloat after he’s gone, after all, there are tens of thousands of us.

Given the plight of clubs nation wide, the time is coming where football clubs should cease looking to the 1% and get back to being community run enterprises. Community will be a new mega trend in the wake of COVID and football should take full advantage of that. Given where our clubs at, why shouldn’t we put some meaningful action in place starting here on TWTD?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 1148 viewsBeckets

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:24 - Dec 5 by Keaneish

Why do we need a benefactor? If we had a small dedicated body of fans, we could spear head supporting this club financially ourselves. We wouldn’t have the funds to buy out Evans but we could raise the cash to keep the club afloat after he’s gone, after all, there are tens of thousands of us.

Given the plight of clubs nation wide, the time is coming where football clubs should cease looking to the 1% and get back to being community run enterprises. Community will be a new mega trend in the wake of COVID and football should take full advantage of that. Given where our clubs at, why shouldn’t we put some meaningful action in place starting here on TWTD?

It isn’t the ongoing costs that are the problem particularly if we’re still in League One. The issue is raising a capital sum to buy Evans out. How much would he be prepared to sell the club for?
Let’s stop flouncing on 10:37 - Dec 5 with 1118 viewsbluefunk

Whilst accepting that this figure may reduce, Evans was putting in around £6m of his own/his companies money. On that scale, and assuming we have 15,000 regular fans we would need every supporter to out in £400, this from supporters who moan about season tickets going up by 5%. And that’s every season.

Not really likely is it, no matter how much of a romantic ideal it might seem

BTW I assume you would be one of those small dedicated body of fans - how long before you got fed up of the abuse you would get from people who don’t know what goes on behind the scenes of a football club.
Let’s stop flouncing on 10:45 - Dec 5 with 1092 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:26 - Dec 5 by Plums

I think that's quite a clever banner actually. Might wake a few people up.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:47 - Dec 5 with 1076 viewsBryanPlug

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:49 - Dec 5 with 1064 viewsDublinBlue84

This is why we are screwed as a club, we don't do proper protests, we're angry for a day or two and then we just accept it and move on and lap up any pathetic crumb they thrown at us and nothing changes and the decline continues. We must not let it happen now, doing nothing is not going to address the massive fundamental problems at the club.

At the end of the day some need to choose if they are going to be enablers of the ongoing decline of our club and fuel it or they are going to stand up and be counted and say to the club hierarchy no more. If you love the club show it, don't sit back and watch it burn to the ground doing nothing and then complain later having enabled it.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 1059 viewsBeckets

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:47 - Dec 5 by BryanPlug

Doesn’t get involved in mud slinging?! Did you not read his statement this week. If that wasn’t slinging mud at the fans I don’t know what is.
Let’s stop flouncing on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 1057 viewsKeaneish

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:37 - Dec 5 by bluefunk

Whilst accepting that this figure may reduce, Evans was putting in around £6m of his own/his companies money. On that scale, and assuming we have 15,000 regular fans we would need every supporter to out in £400, this from supporters who moan about season tickets going up by 5%. And that’s every season.

Not really likely is it, no matter how much of a romantic ideal it might seem

BTW I assume you would be one of those small dedicated body of fans - how long before you got fed up of the abuse you would get from people who don’t know what goes on behind the scenes of a football club.

How many Town fans are there? We number in the tens of thousands at least. I said in another thread if 30,000 committed a £15 DD every month to the club, that’s the annual operating cost covered. It’s simplistic but I’d for go that sum to take the club out of the hands of an 87.5% majority shareholder.

The biggest challenge is removing Evans. If there is a sustained protest to force his hand, there has to be a series of plans in place to offer him out (in the business sense) or a concerted effort to attack him financially to force him out. Either way, it needs co-ordination with a far reaching strategy and plan in place. Anything less is only scratching the service to show discontent. As a fan base, we’re simply not equipped or prepared for this kind of change at the moment but there’s no reason we can’t start preparing. Getting a group together who can dedicate time and reaching out to Pompey would be a start.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:53 - Dec 5 with 1043 viewsDublinBlue84

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:47 - Dec 5 by BryanPlug

Typical little old Ipswich supporters again, all words no action. If this would have been other clubs they wouldn't buy the current situation. But we're easily bought as a fanbase and we are not able to protest properly or keep or resolve or determination up. Now is not the time for apathy, it's time for sustained action.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:23 - Dec 5 with 977 viewsBryanPlug

Let’s stop flouncing on 10:53 - Dec 5 by DublinBlue84

Typical little old Ipswich supporters again, all words no action. If this would have been other clubs they wouldn't buy the current situation. But we're easily bought as a fanbase and we are not able to protest properly or keep or resolve or determination up. Now is not the time for apathy, it's time for sustained action.

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:26 - Dec 5 with 958 viewslazyblue

So you expect football fans to put in the same amount of money ME has put the last few years and what happens when changes, most fans complain now about costs.
Let’s stop flouncing on 11:30 - Dec 5 with 948 viewsIllinoisblue

So delusional

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:32 - Dec 5 with 935 viewsRyorry

I think your definition of "flouncing" is a pretty strange one.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:38 - Dec 5 with 913 viewsRyorry

Let’s stop flouncing on 09:41 - Dec 5 by BryanPlug

Good intentions butter no parsnips, to mix a metaphor or two. He's completely incompetent at running a football club. How can anyone with a grain of nous state that our recent poor form is down to injuries, whilst simultaneously making it clear that he won't be replacing the fitness coach who's upped sticks to Scotland after falling out with PL? Just bizarre.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:46 - Dec 5 with 893 viewsjeera

Let’s stop flouncing on 11:26 - Dec 5 by lazyblue

So you expect football fans to put in the same amount of money ME has put the last few years and what happens when changes, most fans complain now about costs.

The problems would soon start once there's a few things to disagree on.

In house arguments, threats to withdraw funding...

The likes of ME can afford to take a hit here and there, but a small scale enterprise heavily reliant on so much compliancy would soon fall apart. Too many variables.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Let’s stop flouncing on 12:00 - Dec 5 with 864 viewsjayessess

What's happening on the pitch is the least of my gripes with the management at the moment.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024