Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Henderson footballer of the year 23:14 - Jul 24 with 2771 viewsvapour_trail

Chinny fcking reckon.

Proof that our journalists know less about the game than their readers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:14 - Jul 24 with 2762 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Nah.

Proof that some people are blind to how good certain players are because they don’t do 100 step overs.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:21 - Jul 24 with 2729 viewsLankHenners

Plenty of comparisons going around to when Scott Parker won it despite his team being relegated, i.e. the 'narrative' overrides the individual quality (for all Henderson has performed excellently in his role, Wijnaldum has done similar, and there are more obvious contenders just in the same team).

Anyway, all awards in any sector are dumb, a farce for everyone involved to pat themselves on the back.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:21 - Jul 24 with 2727 viewsvapour_trail

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:14 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nah.

Proof that some people are blind to how good certain players are because they don’t do 100 step overs.

If he’s the best player in England this season, I’m due the Nobel prize for science.

Be interesting to see who the players player award is at Liverpool.

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:39 - Jul 24 with 2676 viewsMelford

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:21 - Jul 24 by vapour_trail

If he’s the best player in England this season, I’m due the Nobel prize for science.

It's the football writers award. There was one of the judging panel on Talksport earlier saying that that the criteria is not just playing ability but how they are as people as well apparently. He was keen to stress it wasn't best as playing football in terms of ability. That's why Rashford's in the top 5, because he hasn't done anything on the football pitch this season to be in in the top 5 of the season.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:53 - Jul 24 with 2653 viewsvapour_trail

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:39 - Jul 24 by Melford

It's the football writers award. There was one of the judging panel on Talksport earlier saying that that the criteria is not just playing ability but how they are as people as well apparently. He was keen to stress it wasn't best as playing football in terms of ability. That's why Rashford's in the top 5, because he hasn't done anything on the football pitch this season to be in in the top 5 of the season.

Is that right? What a load of sh1te. So in theory someone from Norwich could win it ahead of de bruyne or mane?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 01:36 - Jul 25 with 2565 viewsIllinoisblue

The outrage and fury over an opinion is almost as bad as the annual hysteria over Sports Personality of the Year.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 01:50 - Jul 25 with 2557 viewsSpruceMoose

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 01:36 - Jul 25 by Illinoisblue

The outrage and fury over an opinion is almost as bad as the annual hysteria over Sports Personality of the Year.

Who do you think would win American sports personality of the year this year if it were a thing Illy?! Guaranteed that there would be some outrage as a result of that decision too!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 07:22 - Jul 25 with 2436 viewsShawsey

Well deserved. Captain of the Champions. Very good player who allows those around him play. It isn't all about those who grab the headlines. Always liked him as a professional.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 17:16 - Jul 25 with 2260 viewsronnyd

I must admit that i thought of Henderson as a bit of a donkey when he was at Boro and at first wondered why Liverpool signed him. Over the last few seasons, he has to me, developed into a very tidy player and a good captain.
Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 17:46 - Jul 25 with 2228 viewsLibero

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 17:16 - Jul 25 by ronnyd

I must admit that i thought of Henderson as a bit of a donkey when he was at Boro and at first wondered why Liverpool signed him. Over the last few seasons, he has to me, developed into a very tidy player and a good captain.

He’s never played for Middlesbrough...
Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 18:19 - Jul 25 with 2201 viewsSuperblue95

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 23:21 - Jul 24 by vapour_trail

Agree. Not saying he’s crap but he’s nowhere near the best player in that Liverpool squad. In fact he would be replaced pretty easily I think.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 19:46 - Jul 25 with 2171 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 17:46 - Jul 25 by Libero

I think his ‘Boro years were his best

He’s one of those players who does the donkey work so others can play isn’t he. As much as I’m not a fan of that side of the game, I’ll give him some grudging respect. I much prefer ‘footballers’ though. And proper top players can both deal with the rough stuff and play (e.g. Beattie, Scholes, etc.).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 20:06 - Jul 25 with 2138 viewsronnyd

Sorry, should be Makems.
Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 08:51 - Jul 26 with 2018 viewsgazzer1999

I don't think he's ever played for England either
Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 09:14 - Jul 26 with 1995 viewsSomethingBlue

Some journalists picked Sadio Mane.

With Henderson I think it's more about acknowledging the journey he's been on, and his wider influence.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 09:24 - Jul 26 with 1979 viewsvapour_trail

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 09:14 - Jul 26 by SomethingBlue

Some journalists picked Sadio Mane.

With Henderson I think it's more about acknowledging the journey he's been on, and his wider influence.

Ah good to have you here. What’s the criteria then. It’s evidently not who has been the best footballer this season?

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 1919 viewsSomethingBlue

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 09:24 - Jul 26 by vapour_trail

Ah good to have you here. What’s the criteria then. It’s evidently not who has been the best footballer this season?

As I recall, among the criteria is "one who leads by precept and example". So I think it's OK — although not my choice!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 12:02 - Jul 26 with 1900 viewsvapour_trail

Jordan Henderson footballer of the year on 11:51 - Jul 26 by SomethingBlue

As I recall, among the criteria is "one who leads by precept and example". So I think it's OK — although not my choice!

Fair enough if it’s not about being the best footballer of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024