Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... 02:16 - Jun 2 with 6231 viewsSpruceMoose

...should he lose November's election?

Judging from his performance today where he threatened American citizens with their own military and tear gassed peaceful protestors, and judging from the performance of his goon squad this week, it's a no from me.

His remarks this evening are here for those who are interested in being terrified:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?472684-1/president-deploy-military-states-halt-vio
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 3:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 02:21 - Jun 2 with 2882 viewsIllinoisblue

There’ll be lots more blood shed before he’s gone.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 02:27 - Jun 2 with 2877 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 02:21 - Jun 2 by Illinoisblue

It'll be interesting to see what agencies like the Secret Service will decide to do in the event of Trump pulling some crazy stunt and refusing to leave office.

Will their alligence be to the constitution and the office, or will it be to the crazed madman clinging on to power.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 2:28]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:12 - Jun 2 with 2704 viewsBloomBlue

Surely the bigger question is what will he do should he win the election?
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:34 - Jun 2 with 2658 viewspointofblue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:12 - Jun 2 by BloomBlue

Surely the bigger question is what will he do should he win the election?

The most worrying thing is I’m pretty sure he will. In the same way I think Johnson could get through this, politically, and be re-elected too. The cult of personality and narrow-mindedness has got, at the very least, a foothold in both nations.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:57 - Jun 2 with 2626 viewsLibero

There’s almost 0% chance he will lose mate.
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:59 - Jun 2 with 2616 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I expect some attempt to cling on and cries of vote rigging but ultimately when push comes to shove I don’t think things have quite gone far enough that the president of the US can ignore an election result and get away with it

Unfortunately I think the chances of finding out are pretty much zero

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:24 - Jun 2 with 2584 viewspointofblue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:59 - Jun 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I expect some attempt to cling on and cries of vote rigging but ultimately when push comes to shove I don’t think things have quite gone far enough that the president of the US can ignore an election result and get away with it

I’ll be interested to see how much of a stranglehold he gets if he gets four more years. Why do I sense a Putin-like constitution change where presidents can now govern for more than eight years?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:34 - Jun 2 with 2555 viewsGuthrum

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:59 - Jun 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think there's now a high chance of Trump losing in November.

Sure, he has his hard core of supporters, but there aren't enough to win the election on their own (he only just managed it in 2016).

Many floating/mildly conservative voters will have been turned off by his actions over the last 3.5 years, if some of the people I spoke to in the US a couple of years ago are anything to go by.

He has lost his best card with the economy.

His handling of Covid-19 and of these protests has not been good.

The Democrats are not fronted by Hillary Clinton. Trump now has his own array of failures which can be held against him.

It won't be a landslide for Biden, by any means. But Trump may well habe lost enough support in key states (particularly the Midwest) to fall short.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:42 - Jun 2 with 2524 viewsGuthrum

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 07:57 - Jun 2 by Libero

There’s almost 0% chance he will lose mate.

Why do people think that? He only won by the skin of his teeth in 2016, against a complacent and somewhat divided (Sanders groupies) opposition fronted by a less-than-popular candidate. It really was a few thousand votes in particular counties which swung it, given the blunt workings of the US voting system (even a marginal winner gets all delegates in most states).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:08 - Jun 2 with 2469 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 02:21 - Jun 2 by Illinoisblue

Should Trump be defeated it is anyone’s guess what he will do in the two months between election and inauguration.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Two main reasons..... on 09:10 - Jun 2 with 2457 viewsBloots

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:42 - Jun 2 by Guthrum

Why do people think that? He only won by the skin of his teeth in 2016, against a complacent and somewhat divided (Sanders groupies) opposition fronted by a less-than-popular candidate. It really was a few thousand votes in particular counties which swung it, given the blunt workings of the US voting system (even a marginal winner gets all delegates in most states).

…...1. His opposition is essentially unelectable (see BJ v Corbyn)

2. He'll cheat.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:10 - Jun 2 with 2459 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:42 - Jun 2 by Guthrum

One hopes all he is doing is making the knuckleheads even more determined to vote for him, but persuading a greater number of sane people - and particularly people of colour - to actually vote, and vote against him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:14 - Jun 2 with 2447 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 08:34 - Jun 2 by Guthrum

I think there's now a high chance of Trump losing in November.

Sure, he has his hard core of supporters, but there aren't enough to win the election on their own (he only just managed it in 2016).

Many floating/mildly conservative voters will have been turned off by his actions over the last 3.5 years, if some of the people I spoke to in the US a couple of years ago are anything to go by.

He has lost his best card with the economy.

His handling of Covid-19 and of these protests has not been good.

The Democrats are not fronted by Hillary Clinton. Trump now has his own array of failures which can be held against him.

It won't be a landslide for Biden, by any means. But Trump may well habe lost enough support in key states (particularly the Midwest) to fall short.

Hopefully. The context of 2020 is a lot different to 2016, and although moronic self-interest still rules supreme, there ARE issues big enough to knock the scales from the eyes of enough 'moderates' to make a difference. Hopefully.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:22 - Jun 2 with 2417 viewsWeWereZombies

It is very unlikely but I have been thinking about this for the last couple of days and looking for comparisons - wondering whether it will end for Trump like it did for Sadaam Hussein or Gaddafi?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Two main reasons..... on 09:28 - Jun 2 with 2388 viewsdavblue

Two main reasons..... on 09:10 - Jun 2 by Bloots

…...1. His opposition is essentially unelectable (see BJ v Corbyn)

2. He'll cheat.

Its a damming indictment on the Americans if he gets in again. His handling of everything over the last few months has been i would say shocking but it's really not.

He doesn't have one once of empathy and if he's voted in again, that country needs a seriously hard look at it's self.

As i saw on twitter a few weeks ago, the people who vote for him Trump basically wouldn't p1ss on them if they were on fire but they appear to be so thick that they can't see it.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 9:36]
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:30 - Jun 2 with 2383 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:22 - Jun 2 by WeWereZombies

It is very unlikely but I have been thinking about this for the last couple of days and looking for comparisons - wondering whether it will end for Trump like it did for Sadaam Hussein or Gaddafi?

Some of our colleagues in the US can still see a scenario where the election is delayed as it will be declared too 'unsafe' for an election.

So Trump will stay on as an Emergency President until such time it is safe to hold an election.
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:31 - Jun 2 with 2371 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:10 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

One hopes all he is doing is making the knuckleheads even more determined to vote for him, but persuading a greater number of sane people - and particularly people of colour - to actually vote, and vote against him.

Think you meant try and vote. It isn’t, in some states, made easy to register to vote.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:34 - Jun 2 with 2350 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:31 - Jun 2 by Pinewoodblue

Think you meant try and vote. It isn’t, in some states, made easy to register to vote.

Absolutely. Trump and his GOP colleagues across America have made it much more difficult to vote, particularly those of ethnic minority backgrounds.

Quite an open policy of stopping those who might vote against you from being able to.
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:38 - Jun 2 with 2313 viewsLibero

I read your post just above this one and it makes fair points, the problem is that he isn't fighting fair.

It's a combination of appealing to deplorables and cheating that got him elected in the first place and I don't see him changing tact any time soon.
It would take something or someone truly inspirational to dismount him from a position of power now.

Make no mistake, Trump is quasi dictator.
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:38 - Jun 2 with 2313 viewsStokieBlue

Do you actually think the generals would support him though?

At the moment he is the commander and chief and they will give him a bit of room. If he loses the election that is no longer the case - I don't think the military would support him.

His supporters might cause trouble but that's a whole different thing to the military supporting an unelected leader.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:40 - Jun 2 with 2295 viewsLibero

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:30 - Jun 2 by ElderGrizzly

Some of our colleagues in the US can still see a scenario where the election is delayed as it will be declared too 'unsafe' for an election.

So Trump will stay on as an Emergency President until such time it is safe to hold an election.

FFS, that is almost exactly how this guy rose to power...

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:43 - Jun 2 with 2286 viewsPhilTWTD

And polls-wise I think I read the other day that no incumbent president has won an election from the position he is in at this stage. But obviously there is a fair way to go and we're in uncharted waters in terms of potential delays and the attempts to make voting more difficult are already under way.

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/500570-the-memo-trump-lags-in-polls-as-cri
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:44 - Jun 2 with 2265 viewsLibero

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:43 - Jun 2 by PhilTWTD

And polls-wise I think I read the other day that no incumbent president has won an election from the position he is in at this stage. But obviously there is a fair way to go and we're in uncharted waters in terms of potential delays and the attempts to make voting more difficult are already under way.

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/500570-the-memo-trump-lags-in-polls-as-cri

Land of the free and home of the brave, innit.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 9:46]
Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:52 - Jun 2 with 2234 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:38 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

Do you actually think the generals would support him though?

At the moment he is the commander and chief and they will give him a bit of room. If he loses the election that is no longer the case - I don't think the military would support him.

His supporters might cause trouble but that's a whole different thing to the military supporting an unelected leader.

SB

While enlisted men swear to obey the orders of the President, officers do not.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone genuinely believe that Trump will go peacefully... on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 2218 viewsLankHenners

You said it yourself - he lost the popular vote pretty comprehensively last time but won in the right places to push the electoral college vote in his favour, which is what he’ll try and do again this time. He’s not against someone as unlikable as Hilary Clinton this time but having Biden as the alternative hardly inspires enthusiasm to vote.

You’d like to think all this would spur people to vote against him but in reality it won’t matter and the election will come down to whether he can convince a similar group of people as last time that he’ll recover the economy and Make America Great Again about 2 weeks before the big vote.

He may lose some ‘moderate’ conservative voters but his brand of ultra-Patriotism may inspire a bunch more disillusioned people in poor areas to get behind him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024