Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): 08:38 - Feb 1 with 1490 viewsITFC_Forever

We make massive losses every season, and have done for years. In what way is this sustainable?

Spending another shed-load of money isn’t an investment, it’s money down the drain. An investment is something you expect to see a return on in the future.

Spending 108% of income just on wages to come stone cold last is insane. And the fact that that % was lower for us than many other clubs is even more insane.

Football is fecked and clubs aren’t in a race to the bottom, they’re way beyond that.

The sooner the game goes bang and some high profile clubs go to the wall, the better. The likes of Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield etc aren’t enough. A West Ham or similar would start the ball rolling.

In the vast majority of cases, if a football club was a normal business, it would have been shut down ages ago.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 9:03]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 08:46 - Feb 1 with 1446 viewstractorboy1978

Even if we went pop I highly doubt anyone outside of Suffolk would give a proper sh!t (I am talking enough for any positive action to come of it after the initial few days of outrage).
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 08:49 - Feb 1 with 1435 viewsITFC_Forever

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 08:46 - Feb 1 by tractorboy1978

Even if we went pop I highly doubt anyone outside of Suffolk would give a proper sh!t (I am talking enough for any positive action to come of it after the initial few days of outrage).

That’s why it needs to be someone more high profile.

Villa almost did a couple of years ago, If West Ham go down, they would be prime candidates.... their accounts this week said as much.

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 08:50 - Feb 1 with 1435 viewsOldsmoker

Thanks to ME backing we won't be that high-profile(?) club that goes bust and causes a rethink.
The clubs that seem to be going bust/in trouble are those that have had an unfit person in charge eg Steve Dale at Bury.
I think we are a few seasons away from meltdown of the beautiful game.

ITFC need an extra revenue stream and the obvious one is the Premier league but that is so far off it's not even on the horizon.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:16 - Feb 1 with 1357 viewsKieran_Knows

... and more to the point, if Lambert can’t finish top 2 with this squad then it’ll be a disaster. Best squad in the division by a mile. I couldn’t really see where else needs strengthening (the summer is a different ball game if we go up, however).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:22 - Feb 1 with 1328 viewsITFC_Forever

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:16 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

... and more to the point, if Lambert can’t finish top 2 with this squad then it’ll be a disaster. Best squad in the division by a mile. I couldn’t really see where else needs strengthening (the summer is a different ball game if we go up, however).

That’s very true as well.... should have also said in my original point, that’s before you take in to account the strength of the squad as it is anyway.

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:27 - Feb 1 with 1310 viewsPJH

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:16 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

I think that we should finish top two with what we have got but if we manage to take the other route to get back to where we should never have left I don't think it would be a disaster.
If we are still a third division club in August then THAT would be a disaster.
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 1286 viewsChrisd

Best squad in the league can't beat any of it's nearest promotion rivals. Yes, without doubt the best the squad in the L1!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 9:44]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:38 - Feb 1 with 1253 viewsWarhurst

This wont stop the rabid screaming for more money to be pumped in. Every club has a certain section of fans who's biggest concern is levels of transfer spending compared to teams around them. None of these people can take a step back and realise it's all ridiculous and needs to stop for the good of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 1197 viewsBlueBadger

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:34 - Feb 1 by Chrisd

Best squad in the league can't beat any of it's nearest promotion rivals. Yes, without doubt the best the squad in the L1!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 9:44]

The playing squad isn't the issue. The manager is. Not since Keane has such a poor manager been offered so much slack, by so many.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:57 - Feb 1 with 1187 viewsBlueBadger

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:27 - Feb 1 by PJH

I think that we should finish top two with what we have got but if we manage to take the other route to get back to where we should never have left I don't think it would be a disaster.
If we are still a third division club in August then THAT would be a disaster.

I think we probably have to take a 'sh1t or bust' approach to promotion. the playoffs are a lottery and unique test of 'who blinks first' that our players and manager particularly are likely to fail at. We've seen over and over again over last season and this season who well they cope with 'must win' games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 1182 viewsITFC_Forever

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:57 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

I think we probably have to take a 'sh1t or bust' approach to promotion. the playoffs are a lottery and unique test of 'who blinks first' that our players and manager particularly are likely to fail at. We've seen over and over again over last season and this season who well they cope with 'must win' games.

Our confidence as a fan base, playing staff and club in general is still very fragile thanks to the stagnation of the last ten years or so. That’s why we struggle in the big games.

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 10:34 - Feb 1 with 1104 viewsWonky

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 10:01 - Feb 1 by ITFC_Forever

Our confidence as a fan base, playing staff and club in general is still very fragile thanks to the stagnation of the last ten years or so. That’s why we struggle in the big games.

Entirety agree, we don't have a confidence/arrogance in these games.
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 10:49 - Feb 1 with 1072 viewsPJH

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:57 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

I agree that you cannot trust ITFC historically to make a success of the playoff's having actually only done so once out of eight attempts(think it is eight) but that could be the only avenue left open to us.

A top two finish is by far the best idea but we need to get out of this division this season somehow.
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 12:32 - Feb 1 with 1009 viewsChrisd

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 09:55 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

The playing squad isn't the issue. The manager is. Not since Keane has such a poor manager been offered so much slack, by so many.

Even if you are laying the blaming at the manager's door, if the players were as good as some keep suggesting then they'd still get the job done in games. 11 matches in total we've had against the current top 10 and 1 solitary victory, that just isn't good enough and doesn't reflect a squad that has enough about it to get promotion.

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 12:51 - Feb 1 with 993 viewsmrshallisfit

I'm reasonably laid back about not spending now. However, proper investment in the summer if we go up is essential. Not confident Evan's will do it though.
Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 12:53 - Feb 1 with 986 viewsChrisd

Question for those bemoaning our transfer activity (or lack of): on 12:51 - Feb 1 by mrshallisfit

I'm reasonably laid back about not spending now. However, proper investment in the summer if we go up is essential. Not confident Evan's will do it though.

Yep, that's the worry. Major investment in squad would be required.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024