Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HarryfromBath 16:34 - Jan 28 with 2659 viewsBanburyBlue

Never been the same on here since you stopped your great reviews, just saying COYB

Banbury Blue Back in Town

HarryfromBath on 16:36 - Jan 28 with 2644 viewsSouperJim

I miss the opposition fan views the most, always worth a chuckle

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

HarryfromBath on 16:38 - Jan 28 with 2606 viewsronnyd

Yes, a huge miss.
HarryfromBath on 16:39 - Jan 28 with 2601 viewsKropotkin123

HarryfromBath on 16:36 - Jan 28 by SouperJim

I miss the opposition fan views the most, always worth a chuckle

If he only did that part, I think 90% of people would be just as happy. Definately my favourite part.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

HarryfromBath on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 2452 viewsBluearmy71

I always felt sorry for HFB you could tell it started off as a labour of love for him but as usually with most things that start off that way when everyone is expecting it to be there week in and week out it becomes more like a job thus maybe the love of doing it petered out for him somewhat??

And then of course the poor sod used to get bombarded with "Harry can you do this" or "Harry can you look up that" from people that were capable of looking it up for themselves but yet far to lazy to do it, I feel he was put upon far too much in that respect but given the gent he is he would oblige.

He is a credit to the forum and one can only respect his intelligence, dedication to research and commitment for doing it for as long as he did, listening to him on the podcasts was a pleasure, no disrespect to any other podcast presenter around but I valued Harry's opinion above most.
HarryfromBath on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 2429 viewsMullet

HarryfromBath on 17:28 - Jan 28 by Bluearmy71

I always felt sorry for HFB you could tell it started off as a labour of love for him but as usually with most things that start off that way when everyone is expecting it to be there week in and week out it becomes more like a job thus maybe the love of doing it petered out for him somewhat??

And then of course the poor sod used to get bombarded with "Harry can you do this" or "Harry can you look up that" from people that were capable of looking it up for themselves but yet far to lazy to do it, I feel he was put upon far too much in that respect but given the gent he is he would oblige.

He is a credit to the forum and one can only respect his intelligence, dedication to research and commitment for doing it for as long as he did, listening to him on the podcasts was a pleasure, no disrespect to any other podcast presenter around but I valued Harry's opinion above most.

People have no idea how much work he put in or how seriously he took the duty not to let them down either.

A true gent.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

HarryfromBath on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 2355 viewsGeoffSentence

There's an opportunity here for you Banbury, to take on Harry's mantle and become a board legend.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

HarryfromBath on 17:40 - Jan 28 with 2356 viewsjeera

Absolutely agree with you that he was sometimes taken for granted.

I am sure though that he also aware he was always flooded with thanks and appreciated by most.

As you and others say, an unassuming character. His piece was a big part of the game build up. I think he may have promised to do a 'special' here and there, like for when we get to the Champion League Final eventually.

And as you rightly point out, he's probably just had enough. It started as a bit of fun but then the demands began.

Bizarrely there would be the odd negative comment on the News comments.

Well, not that bizarrely given the obvious.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 18:40]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

HarryfromBath on 18:36 - Jan 28 with 2156 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

HarryfromBath on 17:31 - Jan 28 by Mullet

People have no idea how much work he put in or how seriously he took the duty not to let them down either.

A true gent.

I think he was massively appreciated, and people often told him as much.

I think one of the reasons he gave it up was that it would be a harder job in League 1. Resources and opinions harder to come by.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

HarryfromBath on 18:40 - Jan 28 with 2128 viewsMullet

HarryfromBath on 18:36 - Jan 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he was massively appreciated, and people often told him as much.

I think one of the reasons he gave it up was that it would be a harder job in League 1. Resources and opinions harder to come by.

You think wrong, but it's not my place to elaborate on that. The bloke has notebooks of stuff like you wouldn't believe and the ability to find stuff even when Lincoln were lower down etc.

There were a few (even on here) who were happy to slate him and perhaps not care how it landed.

HarryfromBath on 18:41 - Jan 28 with 2107 viewsfactual_blue

And Millwall's fans paid him the ultimate compliment.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

HarryfromBath on 18:45 - Jan 28 with 2070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

HarryfromBath on 18:40 - Jan 28 by Mullet

You think wrong, but it's not my place to elaborate on that. The bloke has notebooks of stuff like you wouldn't believe and the ability to find stuff even when Lincoln were lower down etc.

There were a few (even on here) who were happy to slate him and perhaps not care how it landed.

I think he said as much on Bluemonday about this league being a more difficult job.

From memory, the compliments far outweighed any negative comments.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

HarryfromBath on 18:46 - Jan 28 with 2045 viewsMullet

HarryfromBath on 18:45 - Jan 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he said as much on Bluemonday about this league being a more difficult job.

From memory, the compliments far outweighed any negative comments.

No one is denying either.

HarryfromBath on 18:50 - Jan 28 with 2013 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

HarryfromBath on 18:46 - Jan 28 by Mullet

No one is denying either.

HarryfromBath on 18:54 - Jan 28 with 1986 viewsGuthrum

HarryfromBath on 17:31 - Jan 28 by Mullet

A true gent.

Also one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

HarryfromBath on 18:56 - Jan 28 with 1967 viewsBanburyBlue

HarryfromBath on 17:39 - Jan 28 by GeoffSentence

There's an opportunity here for you Banbury, to take on Harry's mantle and become a board legend.

If only I could!! You need to be able to write and spell to be able to do this LOL

Banbury Blue Back in Town

HarryfromBath on 18:58 - Jan 28 with 1947 viewsGeoffSentence

HarryfromBath on 18:56 - Jan 28 by BanburyBlue

If only I could!! You need to be able to write and spell to be able to do this LOL

Nah, I am pretty sure it was all cut and paste

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

HarryfromBath on 18:59 - Jan 28 with 1938 viewsGuthrum

HarryfromBath on 18:58 - Jan 28 by GeoffSentence

Nah, I am pretty sure it was all cut and paste

You'd be wrong ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024