Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... 22:01 - Jan 22 with 4502 viewsmonytowbray

And I bet somehow luck will still be on their side in some freak point deduction.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:05 - Jan 22 with 3886 viewsSitfcB

They are down down down.

Now we have to stick to our side of the bargain ffs.

Apparently they’re not playing badly either but still losing, ha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:10 - Jan 22 with 3851 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They have chosen not to throw money at trying to stay up. They will go down with parachute payments for 5 years (or whatever it is) and so have that timescale to get back up again and take the cash once more. That is their model and it has worked well for them so far in recent years, albeit that one more season down last time and the playing field would have rapidly evened out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 3801 viewsPinewoodblue

Six points adrift with 14 games to go and with the biggest negative goal difference.

Hard to see them not finishing bottom., never mind avoid relegation.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:18 - Jan 22 with 3779 viewsPJH

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:10 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

They have chosen not to throw money at trying to stay up. They will go down with parachute payments for 5 years (or whatever it is) and so have that timescale to get back up again and take the cash once more. That is their model and it has worked well for them so far in recent years, albeit that one more season down last time and the playing field would have rapidly evened out.

I think the parachute money is just for two years if they go straight back down but it is safe to say that although we will very likely be in the same division as them next season they will be slightly richer than us.
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 3761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:18 - Jan 22 by PJH

I think the parachute money is just for two years if they go straight back down but it is safe to say that although we will very likely be in the same division as them next season they will be slightly richer than us.

Money isn't everything fortunately and if it is only for 2 years, if they make a right mess of the next couple of transfer windows and sign a few more Rip Van Wolfswinkels they could soon become also-rans in the Championship once again. If only they could stop unearthing Maddisons and the likes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:23 - Jan 22 with 3757 viewsvapour_trail

There’s a bunch of mini leagues in the Pl

1st
2nd-4th
5th -14th
15th-19th
20th.

Norwich will finish top of their one.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:25 - Jan 22 with 3749 viewsrgp1

I don't buy the parachute money argument. Look at the likes of boro and stoke it hasn't worked for them, and Derby have been spunking money for years and look where they are.
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:45 - Jan 22 with 3571 viewsbournemouthblue

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 22:10 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's puzzling why they chose not to buy anyone in the summer

I believe they didn't want to do a 'Fulham' but sensible investments as Sheffield United have done would have given them a better chance of staying up, surely?

The madness of parachute payments will mean they'll probably be able to throw £20 million at the best attacking players knocking around in the Championship and they'll look to bounce back as quickly as possible

In contrast, if we do get back to the Championship we are going to be searching in the bargain bucket yet again
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 8:14]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:53 - Jan 22 with 3547 viewsITFCBlues

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:45 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

I believe they didn't want to do a 'Fulham' but sensible investments as Sheffield United have done would have given them a better chance of staying up, surely?

The madness of parachute payments will mean they'll probably be able to throw £20 million at the best attacking players knocking around in the Championship and they'll look to bounce back as quickly as possible

In contrast, if we do get back to the Championship we are going to be searching in the bargain bucket yet again

They'll probably lose a fair amount of their players. Buendia, Pukki, Aaron's and Godfrey will surely get Prem moves if they want them?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:56 - Jan 22 with 3539 viewsBlueinBrum

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:53 - Jan 22 by ITFCBlues

They'll probably lose a fair amount of their players. Buendia, Pukki, Aaron's and Godfrey will surely get Prem moves if they want them?

Cantwell too
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 01:13 - Jan 23 with 3467 viewslinhdi

Not sure about Pukki - championship player at best. Cantrell might be ok, but is 2 years from being really effective. Aarons is probably the pick of the bunch.
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 05:53 - Jan 23 with 3360 viewsChondzoresk

My thoughts exactly. Their best and their young decent players will be sold. It may not be a given that they will get an immediate return. Let’s face it, some teams have been in serious trouble getting relegated from the Prem.
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 06:29 - Jan 23 with 3309 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never normally jump on the bandwagon of assuming the relegated teams will bounce back but unfortunately I suspect they’ll be in pretty good shape

Given their lack of recruitment they won’t have a pressing need to sell, and realistically selling one or two of those will bring in more than enough to balance the books in the short term and allow them to reinforce

The trouble will come if several of them kick up a stink and demand moves, or make the same mistake they did last time and start panic buying this month to try and stay up, but I suspect the gap now will remove that temptation

Next season will be big for them though - fail to bounce straight back and there will be more upheaval. Here’s hoping

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 06:53 - Jan 23 with 3269 viewsKieran_Knows

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 23:45 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

If you’re heading in to a Prem season with Grant Hanley as one of your first choice centre halves (and captain), you know you’re asking for trouble.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 07:33 - Jan 23 with 3181 viewsChrisd

Think you're right here PJH, there is definitely a difference if you come straight down rather than being in the EPL for a good few seasons, but not entirely sure what the difference is? Nevertheless, I quite like how Norwich City have approached it and not bankrupt themselves just to survive. Lets be honest, they are going to be a millions miles ahead of us if we meet next season, I doubt if the gulf between them and us has ever been wider financially?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 07:35 - Jan 23 with 3181 viewsElephantintheRoom

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 06:53 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

If you’re heading in to a Prem season with Grant Hanley as one of your first choice centre halves (and captain), you know you’re asking for trouble.

It's not puzzling at all. Norwich have to fund themselves and there was at best a 1 in 3 chance of staying up. Sheff U, like Villa have dubious offshore money to throw away on the off chance of winning the lottery. Despite that, Villa look like doing a Fulham - and Sheff U will come down next year. Nprwich cannot throw money away-and any signings HAVE to work or the fate of Boro, Stoke, Charlton, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Blackpool.... and er Ipswich awaits

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 07:43 - Jan 23 with 3167 viewsChrisd

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 01:13 - Jan 23 by linhdi

Not sure about Pukki - championship player at best. Cantrell might be ok, but is 2 years from being really effective. Aarons is probably the pick of the bunch.

I like how we are digging out NC's players and questioning their level of ability. When in comparison, it's likely we'll lose out best young players this summer and we'll be left with a squad with a huge question mark over whether they are even good enough or have the ability themselves to compete in the Championship. Lets concentrate on us, rather than that lot up the road.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 08:16 - Jan 23 with 3041 viewsbournemouthblue

Parachute payments mean you don't really have to sell any more

Yes they may cash in on their saleable assets but you don't see the fire sales for players like you would have done in the past

I can remember seeing the line ups from Stoke and West Brom last year and they both still had Premier League line ups

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 3006 viewsLeoMuff

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 06:53 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Pretty sure they expected to go down, but they will be super strong next season and it’s all about building, if you can manage to stay up then you are set for years.

You can also poach the best youngsters and gamble on landing the next Maddison, all of which may lead to a few longer prem stints.

All seems very sensible tome unfortunately

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 3015 viewsitfcjoe

No chance, they are down.

They almost accepted relegation before the season started with their recruitment - they have ultimate faith in their project but I think they may come to regret that, very few teams bounce straight back.

A poor start to the season and they'll be calling for Farke's head again.

They have lots of saleable assets, and are very well run - but getting out of the Championship is never, ever easy and I hope they live to regret last summer's approach

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:27 - Jan 23 with 2908 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 08:33 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

No chance, they are down.

They almost accepted relegation before the season started with their recruitment - they have ultimate faith in their project but I think they may come to regret that, very few teams bounce straight back.

A poor start to the season and they'll be calling for Farke's head again.

They have lots of saleable assets, and are very well run - but getting out of the Championship is never, ever easy and I hope they live to regret last summer's approach

Will be interesting to see who goes. I'm not convinced anybody will take Pukki (he's 29 isn't he) - perhaps one of the promoted sides.

Full backs, Cantwell and Godfrey?
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 2883 viewshype313

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:27 - Jan 23 by PrideOfTheEast

Will be interesting to see who goes. I'm not convinced anybody will take Pukki (he's 29 isn't he) - perhaps one of the promoted sides.

Max Aarons will be the first out the door, probably to Spurs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 2877 viewsitfcjoe

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:27 - Jan 23 by PrideOfTheEast

Buendia and Aarons are the ones who will be in most demand - I don' think Godfrey is that good, certainly not for the fee they'd want for him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 2831 viewsBent_double

"The madness of parachute payments will mean they'll probably be able to throw £20 million at the best attacking players knocking around in the Championship and they'll look to bounce back as quickly as possible"

As long as we stick to our guns and insist on the £20m upfront for Norwood, and not a penny less!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:53 - Jan 23 with 2781 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 09:34 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

Buendia and Aarons are the ones who will be in most demand - I don' think Godfrey is that good, certainly not for the fee they'd want for him.

Ah yes, forgot about Buendia. He's decent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024