Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... 22:01 - Jan 22 with 4504 viewsmonytowbray

And I bet somehow luck will still be on their side in some freak point deduction.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 594 viewspatrickswell

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 07:33 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

Think you're right here PJH, there is definitely a difference if you come straight down rather than being in the EPL for a good few seasons, but not entirely sure what the difference is? Nevertheless, I quite like how Norwich City have approached it and not bankrupt themselves just to survive. Lets be honest, they are going to be a millions miles ahead of us if we meet next season, I doubt if the gulf between them and us has ever been wider financially?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 8:14]

They've been wealthier than us, probably since Lambert took them up in 2011. The gap had narrowed by the end of 2017-18 (the only season we've finished ahead of them since they were in League One), and then Paul Hurst arrived....
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:42 - Jan 23 with 528 viewsgiant_stow

Think you might just be right - the way all the bottom teams keep winning (apart from us), it could be a massively high points total to stay up this year, with most teams still in theoretical danger. A tiny bit worried for my second love the arse - despite their new battling attitude, not many points yet.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:44 - Jan 23 with 523 viewsmonytowbray

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:42 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

Think you might just be right - the way all the bottom teams keep winning (apart from us), it could be a massively high points total to stay up this year, with most teams still in theoretical danger. A tiny bit worried for my second love the arse - despite their new battling attitude, not many points yet.

My Arsenal housemate actually wants them to go down as he feels they've been so stagnant it might give them some entertainment. He may be right. Amazing how success is relative.

TWTD never forgets…

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:46 - Jan 23 with 514 viewsgiant_stow

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:44 - Jan 23 by monytowbray

My Arsenal housemate actually wants them to go down as he feels they've been so stagnant it might give them some entertainment. He may be right. Amazing how success is relative.

It would be a shame for them to ruin their top league endless run though.

Against that, part of me thinks of certain Gooner mates who have whined their way through the last 5 or 6 years and wonders if it might serve them right.

But no, please no.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 440 viewsFreddy

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 08:16 - Jan 23 by bournemouthblue

Parachute payments mean you don't really have to sell any more

Yes they may cash in on their saleable assets but you don't see the fire sales for players like you would have done in the past

I can remember seeing the line ups from Stoke and West Brom last year and they both still had Premier League line ups

Not just parachute payments , this is what Huddersfield got last year for finishing bottom

20. Huddersfield Town
Actual league position: 20th
Matches televised: 8
TV Income: £12.3million
Prize money: £1.9million
Equal share: £79.4million
Total: £93.6million
Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 13:46 - Jan 23 with 435 viewsmonytowbray

Scum pretty much 9 points off safety now... on 12:46 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

It would be a shame for them to ruin their top league endless run though.

Against that, part of me thinks of certain Gooner mates who have whined their way through the last 5 or 6 years and wonders if it might serve them right.

But no, please no.

Arsenal fans are top of my "entitled" fans list. Second is probably Newcastle. Then Derby.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024