Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? 15:01 - Jan 7 with 1772 viewsMrTown

ThinK Skuse in a 3 does really well, reads the game so well.

--------------------------- HOLY -----------------------
----------CHAMBERS - SKUSE - WOOLFY----------
--EDWARDS - DOWNES - HUWS - GARBUTT--
------------------------- JUDGE ------------------------
-------------- KEANE ----------- JACKSON ---------

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Another new line-up? on 15:04 - Jan 7 with 1587 viewsDyland

It actually makes sense now. You said jokingly that you were Lambert the other day, and many a true word is spoken in jest. Hi Paul. Can I suggest you stop choosing teams based on TWTD feedback, it's simply not working.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:06 - Jan 7 with 1578 viewsTractorJack

You would actually be better off swapping Skuse and Chambers. Not that a back 3 is a good idea at all.
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:06 - Jan 7 with 1574 viewsIpswichKnight

Interesting, I probably wouldn't want to go 3-5-2 but as we don't have a right back at the moment it's probably the best option to get a wingback in the team. I doubt Bishop would start but would like to see him come on for Judge he looked sharp on Saturday.

I do expect some proper sh!thousery from Accrington this Saturday and they will look to be VERY physical especially against Downes.
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:09 - Jan 7 with 1563 viewsHackneyblueboy

Is Woolf supsended for Sat? I swear I saw on Sky he'd picked up 5 yellows but seen no mention of it since.
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:11 - Jan 7 with 1557 viewsbilllm

Jesus get Edwards out of that team,decking usless
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 1545 viewsMetal_Hacker

Find it hard to disagree with this line up....using this as a blueprint for the remainder of the season and gaining some stability. Huws with some more game time and Downes have to be our best pairing in the middle

Poll: If it were one or the other

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:15 - Jan 7 with 1528 viewsGeoffSentence

I like Skuse in a back three, it gives us a useful degree of flexibility given that he can push up into midfield and change it seamlessly to a 4-4-2 without any change of personnel. I think it was against Tranmere that I saw him start in that role, and we did indeed change it up to a 4-4-2 later. It worked and we stuffed them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:24 - Jan 7 with 1494 viewsSamWhiteUK

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:09 - Jan 7 by Hackneyblueboy

Is Woolf supsended for Sat? I swear I saw on Sky he'd picked up 5 yellows but seen no mention of it since.

Correct, they did put up that he'd got 5 yellows
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:29 - Jan 7 with 1476 viewsMrTown

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:24 - Jan 7 by SamWhiteUK

Correct, they did put up that he'd got 5 yellows

The catchment has now risen to 8.

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:30 - Jan 7 with 1472 viewsMrTown

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:11 - Jan 7 by billlm

Jesus get Edwards out of that team,decking usless

Well Accrington play the diamond, so if we were to match the diamond you may get your wish.

Another new line-up? on 15:30 - Jan 7 with 1471 viewsMrTown

Another new line-up? on 15:04 - Jan 7 by Dyland

It actually makes sense now. You said jokingly that you were Lambert the other day, and many a true word is spoken in jest. Hi Paul. Can I suggest you stop choosing teams based on TWTD feedback, it's simply not working.

I thought everyone on here were experts though?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 17:46 - Jan 7 with 1330 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:06 - Jan 7 by TractorJack

You would actually be better off swapping Skuse and Chambers. Not that a back 3 is a good idea at all.

Didn’t we swap to this formation up at Accrington?
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 1290 viewsPJH

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 17:46 - Jan 7 by BtreeBlueBlood

Didn’t we swap to this formation up at Accrington?

We started with Chambers, Woolfenden and Nsiala with KVY and Garbutt until it was decided that having Nsiala on the pitch was not a good idea.

I do not remember what the set up was after Nsiala was subbed, not sure if Skuse went into the back line.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 18:56]
Another new line-up? on 18:47 - Jan 7 with 1266 viewsCoco

Another new line-up? on 15:30 - Jan 7 by MrTown

I thought everyone on here were experts though?

Only those that deride.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 18:55 - Jan 7 with 1249 viewsMrTown

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 18:21 - Jan 7 by PJH

We started with Chambers, Woolfenden and Nsiala with KVY and Garbutt until it was decided that having Nsiala on the pitch was not a good idea.

I do not remember what the set up was after Nsiala was subbed, not sure if Skuse went into the back line.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 18:56]

It’s going to be an incredibly tough game, Accrington are on a good run of form.

Play the 4-1-2-1-2, so we could quickly match them up infield were we struggling to cope with Skuse beginning in a back 3.

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 19:25 - Jan 7 with 1212 viewsbraveblue

More rotation? Why not keep Kenlock in and push Garbutt forward in a 442. Dobra for Edwards. Woolf at right back. Norwood and Keane up front. Huws and Downes in the middle in front of Chambers and Wilson.
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1210 viewsBLUEBEAT

Oooh I like that lineup but I would make one change

--------------------------- HOLY -----------------------
----------CHAMBERS - SKUSE - WOOLFY----------
--EDWARDS - DOWNES - HUWS - GARBUTT--
------------------------- DOZZELL ------------------------
-------------- KEANE ----------- JACKSON ---------

Poll: W or W

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 20:29 - Jan 7 with 1156 viewsHerbivore

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:15 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

I like Skuse in a back three, it gives us a useful degree of flexibility given that he can push up into midfield and change it seamlessly to a 4-4-2 without any change of personnel. I think it was against Tranmere that I saw him start in that role, and we did indeed change it up to a 4-4-2 later. It worked and we stuffed them.

It worked against Tranmere when we stopped playing him in a back three and just played him in midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 20:30 - Jan 7 with 1153 viewsHerbivore

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 18:55 - Jan 7 by MrTown

It’s going to be an incredibly tough game, Accrington are on a good run of form.

Play the 4-1-2-1-2, so we could quickly match them up infield were we struggling to cope with Skuse beginning in a back 3.

Incredibly tough? It's fooking Accrington at home.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 20:38 - Jan 7 with 1136 viewsMrTown

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 20:30 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

Incredibly tough? It's fooking Accrington at home.

More arrogance and naivety shown from yourself once again.

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 20:56 - Jan 7 with 1122 viewsbadadski

We cant defend any way so any 4 defenders from our crop of no so great defenders as long as Gabutt and Woolfy in there

Holy
any - any Woolfy - Garbutt

Dobra downes sears
bishop
keane jackson/norwood?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:58]
Another new line-up? on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 1105 viewsBlueBadger

Another new line-up? on 15:04 - Jan 7 by Dyland

Although, could you listen to other TWTD feedback and resign?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 21:31 - Jan 7 with 1083 viewsSwansea_Blue

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 15:06 - Jan 7 by TractorJack

Agreed. A back 3 when our 3 are hoofers isn't the best idea (and before anyone says it, yes I'm including Wolfie in that). Our strength (if here is any) is in midfied, so lets stick to a back 4 and get another midfileder on the pitch.

COYFB

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 21:31 - Jan 7 with 1083 viewsChocorange

Skuse and Downes in midfield protecting the back 3 or 4 played a huge part in our good start to the season.

Even now if you look at the fixtures the only games we have lost this season with both of them playing are Bristol Rovers and Pompey.
For Brustol Skuse was right back a disastrous experiment , at Pompey at the time of the only goal they scored Skuse was again right back.

Get them back in the middle and repeat what was working well .

More of a question is the attack side of things..
Which forwards , does Kenlock play to allow Garbutt to be back in midfield ( again something which worked well) , Jackson out wide as others have said may yet prove to be his best position but that means 442 or 4231 , if it's the latter we now have options to replace the misfiring Nolan neat and tidy but no cutting edge where it matters... Judge in his favoured role, Bish, Huws, Keane could play the link man ..choices to be made

But whatever we do .get back to basics with what worked protecting the defence so well during the run of games without a goal.
Skuse for Wilson Saturday...? on 02:31 - Jan 8 with 996 viewsharlingblue

At least the back three that you have chosen can actually pass the ball, however I would go with a 4-4-2 of
Holy
Donacien, Chambers, Woolfenden, Kenlock
Downes, Skues, Garbutt
Judge
Jackson, Norwood
Neither Kenlock or Garbutt are very good at defending, but could cause havoc as an attacking force and create chances while keeping our opponents on the back foot?
Donacien needs a vote of confidence from PL, to encourage him as a player, and then to attack, while Judge needs find his Brentford form as provider for Nowood and Jackson and as a goalscorer. Waiting in the wings, such talented players, Keane, Bishop, Huws, Sears, Falomi, Morris, all coming back from long term injuries, but not yet up to speed, not to mention Dozzell, Nolan, Edwards, who have not stamped their mark as yet. Amen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024