Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 13:37 - Dec 30 with 2551 viewskizaitfc

Just looked through early games this season.

I'd probably say 2 of our better home performances were Sunderland and Shrewsbury. Kenlock played in both of these games, he surely should be banging on PLs door.

Although I have never been Kenlocks biggest fan, I feel we desperately need to get Garbutt in more advanced positions.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Kenlock on 13:41 - Dec 30 with 2282 viewsSteve_M

After the Shrewsbury match, the collective wisdom of many Town fans was that he was our weakest player and urgently needed to be replaced.

Kenlock is what he always has been, a slightly inconsistent player generally comfortable on the ball but prone to some awful defensive lapses. He keeps working even when having a bad game though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kenlock on 13:45 - Dec 30 with 2260 viewsStokieBlue

We do need Garbutt further forward but we shouldn't rewrite history to justify it. Kenlock was very poor indeed early on the season. By all means we can play him and push Garbutt forward but trying to use a vague stat to justify it is silly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kenlock on 13:46 - Dec 30 with 2255 viewskizaitfc

Kenlock on 13:41 - Dec 30 by Steve_M

After the Shrewsbury match, the collective wisdom of many Town fans was that he was our weakest player and urgently needed to be replaced.

Kenlock is what he always has been, a slightly inconsistent player generally comfortable on the ball but prone to some awful defensive lapses. He keeps working even when having a bad game though.

Completely agree he is not the right player but structurally a proper left back and right back make us stronger.

With Jan window coming up I'd like us to sign a old school solid left back but if not I think we should try him for now. Or maybe Clements who I thought was supposed to be an upcoming decent left back

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Kenlock on 13:48 - Dec 30 with 2244 viewskizaitfc

Kenlock on 13:45 - Dec 30 by StokieBlue

We do need Garbutt further forward but we shouldn't rewrite history to justify it. Kenlock was very poor indeed early on the season. By all means we can play him and push Garbutt forward but trying to use a vague stat to justify it is silly.

SB

Didn't say that, I simply mean it is something youd imagine Kenlock should be annoyed about.

Whether you argue he was or weakest player, we were winning games yet he doesn't seem to be given another chance.

I'm sure there are people that think he played well in those games.

As I previously said I'd prefer it to be a better lb but we do not have one

Kenlock on 13:53 - Dec 30 with 2232 viewsclive_baker

He seemingly also becomes a better player the longer he's out of the side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kenlock on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 2217 viewskizaitfc

Kenlock on 13:53 - Dec 30 by clive_baker

He seemingly also becomes a better player the longer he's out of the side.

Good player, bad player I dont think it matters when he is your best option

Kenlock on 13:57 - Dec 30 with 2218 viewsleftback

I think Kenlock shows lamberts rotation policy is a complete farce........every position has been rotated except leftback, if lambert as he states doesn’t have preferred starters you would have expected Garbutt to be rested and Kenlock to get the occasional game but it never happens
Kenlock on 14:11 - Dec 30 with 2196 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock on 13:48 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Didn't say that, I simply mean it is something youd imagine Kenlock should be annoyed about.

Whether you argue he was or weakest player, we were winning games yet he doesn't seem to be given another chance.

I'm sure there are people that think he played well in those games.

As I previously said I'd prefer it to be a better lb but we do not have one

Correlation doesn't always equal causation.

I don't think you can isolate kenlock as the reason we won games so how can he be annoyed?

Ideally we should be in the market for a left back but I doubt we will be.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 14:29 - Dec 30 with 2160 viewssparks

Kenlock on 13:45 - Dec 30 by StokieBlue

SB

And yet- we were a stronger and more effective team with him playing as a proper full back...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kenlock on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 2146 viewsGeoffSentence

Kenlock on 14:29 - Dec 30 by sparks

And yet- we were a stronger and more effective team with him playing as a proper full back...

This is exactly the same point that I always made about ALB.

He may not have been the greatest keeper, but our results were better when he played than when the more glamorous options we had at the same time got a game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Kenlock on 14:39 - Dec 30 with 2137 viewssparks

Kenlock on 14:36 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

This is exactly the same point that I always made about ALB.

He may not have been the greatest keeper, but our results were better when he played than when the more glamorous options we had at the same time got a game.

Clarrity and certainty about roles and positions. Putting Garbutt up as a proper left sided midfielder (not a winger or striker orr full back per se).

As a team i think we were stronger, because it allowed and encouraged some shape and consistency.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kenlock on 14:45 - Dec 30 with 2120 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock on 13:56 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Good player, bad player I dont think it matters when he is your best option

It's a little like arguing whether we should play Donacien or Edwards/Skuse as right back.

While Donacien has had some very poor performances for us, he is a far better option than the other options. While Garbutt is a decent left back, he would improve us by being LM and playing Kenlock allows that to happen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock on 15:26 - Dec 30 with 2052 viewsbilllm

I'm not a fan of kenlocks, but have been saying this for weeks, well done
Kenlock on 15:43 - Dec 30 with 2023 viewsClapham_Junction

Kenlock on 13:46 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Completely agree he is not the right player but structurally a proper left back and right back make us stronger.

With Jan window coming up I'd like us to sign a old school solid left back but if not I think we should try him for now. Or maybe Clements who I thought was supposed to be an upcoming decent left back

Nydam is also a possibility when he's back from injury.

Having said that, a midfield three of Downes, Dozzell and Nydam might be worth trying.
Kenlock on 16:28 - Dec 30 with 1943 viewsWickets

11 starts Miles 5 wins 5 draws the only loss was 94 minute at Colchester (EFLC ) when he played left side centre back i seem to remember . I posted this last week. The whole team was playing with more confidence then but could be argued that he is our only natural left back so he should be playing ?
Kenlock on 16:44 - Dec 30 with 1915 viewsWickets

Kenlock on 14:39 - Dec 30 by sparks

Clarrity and certainty about roles and positions. Putting Garbutt up as a proper left sided midfielder (not a winger or striker orr full back per se).

As a team i think we were stronger, because it allowed and encouraged some shape and consistency.

Yes just that .
Kenlock on 17:35 - Dec 30 with 1834 viewsBloomBlue

But the football expert fans said he was the worst LB in the history of the club and demandes PL drop him.
Kenlock on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 1787 viewsbilllm

Kenlock on 17:35 - Dec 30 by BloomBlue

But the football expert fans said he was the worst LB in the history of the club and demandes PL drop him.

Then quiet frankly their not experts are they,
Kenlock on 18:56 - Dec 30 with 1735 viewsbournemouthblue

The only way he is going to get better is by playing

If you can't develop him in League One, when can you?

I'm sure MM would have developed him into a fairly solid defender

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 19:08 - Dec 30 with 1715 viewsEireannach_gorm

What a novel idea, playing a full back in the full back position.
Kenlock on 19:31 - Dec 30 with 1680 viewsjas0999

Completely agree with you. Give Kenlock a run at LB.
Kenlock on 21:25 - Dec 30 with 1570 viewsmichaeldownunder

Miles may not be the best fullback but it also depends who was playing in front of him. If it was Alan (I am going to play anywhere) Judge, you can understand why he had problems.

Luke would help him with extra cover when going forwards or when he was trying to cover the runs of a winger and a fullback.
Kenlock on 21:33 - Dec 30 with 1556 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock on 14:29 - Dec 30 by sparks

You've assumed a correlation there. Where is the evidence that everyone else is playing to the same standard or that teams haven't worked us out.

You know there are too many variables to make the sweeping statement you've made.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try it given our current state and Garbutt would be nice further forward but the assertions here seem very easy with hindsight.

SB
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 21:35]

Kenlock on 21:37 - Dec 30 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock on 21:33 - Dec 30 by StokieBlue

You've assumed a correlation there. Where is the evidence that everyone else is playing to the same standard or that teams haven't worked us out.

You know there are too many variables to make the sweeping statement you've made.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try it given our current state and Garbutt would be nice further forward but the assertions here seem very easy with hindsight.

SB
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 21:35]

Perhaps the evidence is in the post prior to yours above.

Garbutt as LM provides better positional awareness and defensive cover than Judge or another attacking player out of position there.

Statistics do not always paint a clear picture but it is strange Kenlock does not appear to have been in Lambert's considerations.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock on 21:40 - Dec 30 with 1524 viewsjeera

Kenlock on 17:35 - Dec 30 by BloomBlue

Clearly several posts have been about finding a way to enable Garbutt to play further forwards.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024