Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 shots on target 20:34 - Dec 29 with 1171 viewsitfcjoe

And we were an utter mess again, totally disorganised and all over the place.

Lambert has lost whatever he had and there seems to be no idea of how to turn this terrible run around. We can’t afford to stay in this division and we have slipped so far in recent weeks.

The fantastic start whilst still not clicking should have been the platform to sort things out, but we are no further forward in knowing how we want to play.

I’d get rid now personally, there has to be better out there with this squad and being able to get them organised and firing. Think Evans should be sounding out Nathan Jones, despite the Stoke debacle.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 shots on target on 20:41 - Dec 29 with 1103 viewsMrTown

Nathan Jones is a good shout, but he said himself it took 3 months for his Luton team to get the idea of how he wanted to play, can we afford 3 months? His Stoke team never got the hang of it.

I like him, but its a gamble.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

3 shots on target on 20:44 - Dec 29 with 1080 viewsFtnfwest

Agree re Jones, as when we went for hurst I actually would have preferred Jones, only because Luton are local to me and I was able to keep tabs on him at the time. Trouble is we have to hope lambert will walk because there’s no way Marcus will pay out the money to get rid now. He did it with hurst only because it was such a disaster at the time and he was on relatively low salary (certainly compared to MM)
3 shots on target on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 1065 viewscbower

Chambers implied as much with the use of the word "disconnect" between the parts of the team. I'd say you could easily swap disconnect for disorganised and Chambo would have no argument. Lambert has been the architect of his own downfall. Over rotation alone may have been just about ok. Combine this with constant formation changes and no consistent style of football and this is what you get. I'll throw another "dis" word in there - disjointed. They all amount to the same thing don't they?

bluescouser

3 shots on target on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 1047 viewsN2_Blue

Completely agree Joe, just said as much on another post. He is lost and does not know how to turn it around, he doesn't know why we are losing or why we have never been able to dominate teams at any point this division. I was slow on the uptake but I've realised he is just not a very good manager. Seems it was true about previous assistants being the brains.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

3 shots on target on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1037 viewsgroovyASH

I don't get the desire for Nathan Jones. We are a totally different kettle of fish than the Luton side he had, and the states and stature of the club. We are much more akin to the Stoke he took over and nothing he did there would come even close to convincing me that he would be the right choice

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

3 shots on target on 20:52 - Dec 29 with 998 viewsClapham_Junction

He definitely seems to have difficulties turning around poor form — not able to to it at Stoke, unable to do it with us last season, and now seemingly unable to stop this season's slump.
3 shots on target on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 906 viewstractorboy1978

3 shots on target on 20:47 - Dec 29 by N2_Blue

Completely agree Joe, just said as much on another post. He is lost and does not know how to turn it around, he doesn't know why we are losing or why we have never been able to dominate teams at any point this division. I was slow on the uptake but I've realised he is just not a very good manager. Seems it was true about previous assistants being the brains.

I said this at the start of the season and it is still true now - he seems to think we can just turn up with 11 better players than the opposition and win. Regardless of system, rotation of personnel or tactics. It isn’t as simple as that. We got through several games earlier in the season on the back of being fortunate not to concede and then our better players producing the odd moment to pinch a goal. But that can’t happen forever.
3 shots on target on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 866 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nathan Jones Joe??

I like his style of football and his formation, 442 with the diamond ???

But what happened at Stoke has to be worrying, good squad and got nothing out of it. Is that problems from higher up, I don't really know.

Who else is out there
Warnock
Mcgreal- I am not sure if he is ready.
Dave Artell- Doing well with Crewe ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

3 shots on target on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 791 viewsolimar

Problem is perhaps that he possibly didnt know what he "had", as it was just a group of players performing well enough individually to get results against poorer sides/individuals.

Through November and December last year, we persevered with Roberts as a lone forward, because he appeared to be the only one with remotely the right characteristics to play there. Bringing in Quaner for so much money in January was the first indication of a lack of direction, as he was wedded to the idea of playing him in the same position, when he was clearly not capable.

Its incredible to think that, in over a year, PL hasnt set down any sort of identity for the side and started to bring in players to suit that.
The work he did last January was neither enough to give us a good platform to stay up, or enough to give us a platform to build on this season either. Of all those who arrived in January- Collins, Quaner, Elder, Bree, Dawkins, Judge, Quinn only two of them formed any part of the future plan (and Keane didnt arrive until September).

Im unsure of what role he envisaged for Norwood- he doesnt look like the centre forward in a 4-3-3 either, yet it also seems apparent that playing with 2 up front wasnt in his plans either.

All of that says to me that it needs someone to just come in and work out how to make best of the squad, with a couple of additions to get square pegs in square holes. It feels like exactly the sort of job we got from Mick when he turned up in 2012.
Mick would get this squad promoted, no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024