Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? 07:13 - Nov 24 with 4942 viewsbobbyramsey

Cheers...
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 07:16 - Nov 24 with 4927 viewstextbackup

He hugged his marker 3 times instead of jumping to win a header.
Looks better with ball at feet. Barely gets ball to feet

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 07:27 - Nov 24 with 4903 viewsbobbyramsey

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 07:16 - Nov 24 by textbackup

He hugged his marker 3 times instead of jumping to win a header.
Looks better with ball at feet. Barely gets ball to feet

Not much then......cheers.
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 07:38 - Nov 24 with 4876 viewsHerbivore

He seemed intent on playing left wing despite us not needing a presence in the box. He looks a way off the pace to me at the moment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 07:41 - Nov 24 with 4869 viewsbluejacko

I’m sorry to say that during the cup games and yesterday he looked a waste of a pair of boots.
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:02 - Nov 24 with 4834 viewsTractorWood

Seemed to always be out left and then dart into the middle too late after realising he was our target man.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:17 - Nov 24 with 4793 viewsbobbyramsey

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:02 - Nov 24 by TractorWood

Seemed to always be out left and then dart into the middle too late after realising he was our target man.

So why does Lambert persist with him, wouldn't a fit Folami (although maybe not perfect) be a better option? Or is Keane one of Lambert's favourites?
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:18 - Nov 24 with 4782 viewstextbackup

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:17 - Nov 24 by bobbyramsey

So why does Lambert persist with him, wouldn't a fit Folami (although maybe not perfect) be a better option? Or is Keane one of Lambert's favourites?

I would say he persists with him. he had 6mins on the pitch.

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:45 - Nov 24 with 4730 viewsbluejacko

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:18 - Nov 24 by textbackup

I would say he persists with him. he had 6mins on the pitch.

6 mins/60 mins has he ever come on and made an impact?
Login to get fewer ads

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:47 - Nov 24 with 4720 viewstextbackup

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:45 - Nov 24 by bluejacko

6 mins/60 mins has he ever come on and made an impact?

not that I can recall.

however he looks miles off the pace at present

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 09:39 - Nov 24 with 4630 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 08:17 - Nov 24 by bobbyramsey

He is a quality player and if he gets the support will do the business for us. He'll be a regular starter once fully up to speed. He's shown quite a few glimpses of what he can do since coming back. completely isolated in cup game but when he did get the ball first half some absolute magic feet. None of our other forwards have his ability to be fair though i think Norwood is a more natural out and out goalscorer. Keane is a much better player then Jackson. Jackson gives us raw pace. Good options. i think Keane and Jackson will start Tuesday if Norwood out.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:05 - Nov 24 with 4560 viewsurbanblue

No
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:23 - Nov 24 with 4513 viewsHerbivore

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 09:39 - Nov 24 by Terry_Nutkins

He is a quality player and if he gets the support will do the business for us. He'll be a regular starter once fully up to speed. He's shown quite a few glimpses of what he can do since coming back. completely isolated in cup game but when he did get the ball first half some absolute magic feet. None of our other forwards have his ability to be fair though i think Norwood is a more natural out and out goalscorer. Keane is a much better player then Jackson. Jackson gives us raw pace. Good options. i think Keane and Jackson will start Tuesday if Norwood out.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing of Keane this season. He looks a long way off dislodging either Norwood or Jackson at the minute. Jackson has been scoring and getting assists consistently, for me he's key to us at the minute.

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 4494 viewsJakeITFC

I think the problem with Keane is that because of his height people think that he is an aerial threat.

He’s a really talented player into feet and seems to prefer dropping deep to get the ball, but that’s quite annoying at times because we don’t really need him to do that.

I would still say that it’s the lack of play through our midfield that is a bigger problem - I can’t mark Jackson or Keane down too much when they get absolute none of the kind of ball that would make them effective.
Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:36 - Nov 24 with 4477 viewsHerbivore

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:32 - Nov 24 by JakeITFC

I think the problem with Keane is that because of his height people think that he is an aerial threat.

He’s a really talented player into feet and seems to prefer dropping deep to get the ball, but that’s quite annoying at times because we don’t really need him to do that.

I would still say that it’s the lack of play through our midfield that is a bigger problem - I can’t mark Jackson or Keane down too much when they get absolute none of the kind of ball that would make them effective.

There were two occasions second half yesterday where Jackson made excellent runs in behind and just now and just needed Nolan to slip him through. Both times Nolan took extra touches and the chance was lost. He's not a lone striker, but he's still a threat if you give him the right service.

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 11:08 - Nov 24 with 4428 viewsDyland

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:36 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

There were two occasions second half yesterday where Jackson made excellent runs in behind and just now and just needed Nolan to slip him through. Both times Nolan took extra touches and the chance was lost. He's not a lone striker, but he's still a threat if you give him the right service.

I noticed that too. Nolan had an okay game generally and broke up play well and covered a lot of ground. All too similar to Downes though and more than once he failed to spot a neat attacking pass, one you'd think Dozzell e.g. would have nailed instinctively.

Nolan is a bit of an enigma. He's had a couple of really good games where you think he'll be that attacking midfielder we need, but the last few outing he's been a bit off the boil.

As to Keane... yep, plenty skillful but it's not working for him or the team. Keep coming back to tactics and formations and the manager. We have an abundance of skillful players but don't look like a very skillful team half the time. I know I'm a broken record on this point but the jury is still out on Lambert in this regard. Fact he has credit in the bank speaks volumes to his success at getting fans back on board even though we're in the third fooking division. I'm slowly not feeling this is a positive any more... but obviously promotions aren't won in November, and I think we're doing okay, and more than happy to have Lambert here instead of some of the other donuts kicking around.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 13:46 - Nov 24 with 4237 viewsBlueBadger

He played through to the end without getting injured, so for him...yes?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:10 - Nov 25 with 3847 viewsGarv

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 10:23 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I'm not seeing what you're seeing of Keane this season. He looks a long way off dislodging either Norwood or Jackson at the minute. Jackson has been scoring and getting assists consistently, for me he's key to us at the minute.

But we did see it last season when he was fitter, in a better league.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:13 - Nov 25 with 3822 viewsHerbivore

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:10 - Nov 25 by Garv

But we did see it last season when he was fitter, in a better league.

In flashes. Let's be honest though, his injury record is abysmal and he spends so much of his time trying to get fit.

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:14 - Nov 25 with 3821 viewsitfcjoe

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 11:08 - Nov 24 by Dyland

I noticed that too. Nolan had an okay game generally and broke up play well and covered a lot of ground. All too similar to Downes though and more than once he failed to spot a neat attacking pass, one you'd think Dozzell e.g. would have nailed instinctively.

Nolan is a bit of an enigma. He's had a couple of really good games where you think he'll be that attacking midfielder we need, but the last few outing he's been a bit off the boil.

As to Keane... yep, plenty skillful but it's not working for him or the team. Keep coming back to tactics and formations and the manager. We have an abundance of skillful players but don't look like a very skillful team half the time. I know I'm a broken record on this point but the jury is still out on Lambert in this regard. Fact he has credit in the bank speaks volumes to his success at getting fans back on board even though we're in the third fooking division. I'm slowly not feeling this is a positive any more... but obviously promotions aren't won in November, and I think we're doing okay, and more than happy to have Lambert here instead of some of the other donuts kicking around.

COYFB

Nolan is a very neat player but my biggest criticism of him last year was how 'safe' he always wanted to play it, he was back doing that on Saturday. Was taking up very good positions and getting the ball in them but never took a risk with it and as a 10, which is where he spent a lot of the game you simply have to.

I thought Keane was fine on Satuday, got us back playing a little bit more when we needed it but subs were all too late to make a difference

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:19 - Nov 25 with 3800 viewsDyland

Keane, did he do much when he came on yesterday? on 12:14 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Nolan is a very neat player but my biggest criticism of him last year was how 'safe' he always wanted to play it, he was back doing that on Saturday. Was taking up very good positions and getting the ball in them but never took a risk with it and as a 10, which is where he spent a lot of the game you simply have to.

I thought Keane was fine on Satuday, got us back playing a little bit more when we needed it but subs were all too late to make a difference

Agree with that. Keane is technically very good isn't he, and perhaps could have influenced the game more if he'd been brought on earlier. Another frustration on Saturday was not leaving Jackson on half way during Blackpool's late corners. I get the idea of course, but it stinks imo.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024