Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be calm... 20:59 - Oct 5 with 3006 viewsCoco

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/05-october-2018/

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Be calm... on 21:07 - Oct 5 with 2923 viewsEireannach_gorm

That's the spirit!

Good point though.
Be calm... on 21:11 - Oct 5 with 2896 viewsCoco

Be calm... on 21:07 - Oct 5 by Eireannach_gorm

That's the spirit!

Good point though.

We got three! 👏🏽

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Be calm... on 21:11 - Oct 5 with 2898 viewsParisBlue

The teams in 6th, 8th and 10th - Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and Doncaster - to be promoted then.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Be calm... on 21:14 - Oct 5 with 2875 viewspointofblue

Luton eleven points off top spot at this point last year. Barnsley five points off second and Charlton three points off third.

The year before doesn't make much better reading:
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/05-october-2017/

Shrewsbury six points clear by this point and finished third.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Be calm... on 21:21 - Oct 5 with 2824 viewsDyland

It's a good point, being top means nowt in October.

We've been here before, and much further down the line.

Derek the deckchair anyone?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Be calm... on 21:27 - Oct 5 with 2773 viewsmidastouch

Being top at Xmas is usually much more significant. Would be interested to see that same League table for 2017 and 2016 and so on. Hopefully a more positive pattern would emerge if we had a bigger sample of early October League One tables.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Be calm... on 21:31 - Oct 5 with 2726 viewsBackToRussia

Be calm... on 21:27 - Oct 5 by midastouch

Being top at Xmas is usually much more significant. Would be interested to see that same League table for 2017 and 2016 and so on. Hopefully a more positive pattern would emerge if we had a bigger sample of early October League One tables.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/27-december-2018/

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Be calm... on 21:31 - Oct 5 with 2732 viewspointofblue

Be calm... on 21:11 - Oct 5 by ParisBlue

The teams in 6th, 8th and 10th - Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and Doncaster - to be promoted then.

The last time the team who were top after eleven games ended up promoted was Burton in 2015/2016.

Over the last ten seasons -
2009/2010: LEEDS (finished second)
2010/2011: BRIGHTON (finished first)
2011/2012: CHARLTON (finished first)
2012/2013: Tranmere (finished eleventh)
2013/2014: Leyton Orient (finished third)
2014/2015: BRISTOL CITY (finished first)
2015/2016: BURTON (finished second)
2016/2017: Scunthorpe (finished third)
2017/2018: Shrewsbury (finished third)
2018/2019: Porstmouth (finished fourth)

So there's a 50/50 success rate of teams being top now and finishing in the automatic places and all but one of the sides managed to at least finish in the top six.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 22:01]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Be calm... on 21:33 - Oct 5 with 2698 viewsBent_double

Be calm... on 21:14 - Oct 5 by pointofblue

Luton eleven points off top spot at this point last year. Barnsley five points off second and Charlton three points off third.

The year before doesn't make much better reading:
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/05-october-2017/

Shrewsbury six points clear by this point and finished third.

Portsmouth were probably undone by their EFL trophy run, Shrewsbury, well they had Hurst as manager which is why it eventually went wrong for them.

Just goes to show what a tricky job PL has between now and the end of the season: how to manage and get the best out of a large squad, keep everyone happy and avoid burnout.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Be calm... on 21:54 - Oct 5 with 2583 viewsGuthrum

Be calm... on 21:31 - Oct 5 by BackToRussia

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/27-december-2018/

Something bad happened to Portsmouth in January and February last season. They went from one defeat in 20 matches up to December 8th, to stumbling through that month, to only winning one match between 12th January and 9th March (with four defeats). That dealt damage to their hold on the automatic places which even a seven-game winning run was not enough to put right.

What happened? As far as I can work out from a brief perusal of news articles, it was a combination of injuries in December, some tactical tinkering by Jackett and poor discipline.

Also, Luton, Barnsley and Charlton were pretty much unstoppable in the second half of the season, only losing six games between them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Be calm... on 22:00 - Oct 5 with 2530 viewsDyland

Be calm... on 21:31 - Oct 5 by pointofblue

The last time the team who were top after eleven games ended up promoted was Burton in 2015/2016.

Over the last ten seasons -
2009/2010: LEEDS (finished second)
2010/2011: BRIGHTON (finished first)
2011/2012: CHARLTON (finished first)
2012/2013: Tranmere (finished eleventh)
2013/2014: Leyton Orient (finished third)
2014/2015: BRISTOL CITY (finished first)
2015/2016: BURTON (finished second)
2016/2017: Scunthorpe (finished third)
2017/2018: Shrewsbury (finished third)
2018/2019: Porstmouth (finished fourth)

So there's a 50/50 success rate of teams being top now and finishing in the automatic places and all but one of the sides managed to at least finish in the top six.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 22:01]

Hopefully our trajectory is more Brighton than Tranmere :)

Be calm... on 22:06 - Oct 5 with 2497 viewsArnieM

Which is exactly why Lambert is trying to keep a lid on expectations from Town fans / media. I must admit the arrogance creeping into some posts on FB is a bit disconcerting, and is more the narwich way, than Towns. It could easily come back to bite us in the back side.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Be calm... on 22:26 - Oct 5 with 2437 viewsMelford

Be calm... on 21:54 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Something bad happened to Portsmouth in January and February last season. They went from one defeat in 20 matches up to December 8th, to stumbling through that month, to only winning one match between 12th January and 9th March (with four defeats). That dealt damage to their hold on the automatic places which even a seven-game winning run was not enough to put right.

What happened? As far as I can work out from a brief perusal of news articles, it was a combination of injuries in December, some tactical tinkering by Jackett and poor discipline.

Also, Luton, Barnsley and Charlton were pretty much unstoppable in the second half of the season, only losing six games between them.

I know I'm probably putting a hex on us by saying this but I can't see how we can ***k this up. Our squad is just so strong for this league, I can't see injuries or suspensions being a problem over the season for us. Nsiala and Keane haven't played yet, Lankester and Sears will be ready for the run-in

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Be calm... on 00:03 - Oct 6 with 2279 viewsJDB23

To be fair I don't think those teams at the top there had the strength in depth that we do, coupled with Lambert's rotation policy I think we are better equipped to maintain a push throughout the season.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 0:33]
A note of caution nonetheless on 09:55 - Oct 6 with 1916 viewsDyland

Be calm... on 00:03 - Oct 6 by JDB23

To be fair I don't think those teams at the top there had the strength in depth that we do, coupled with Lambert's rotation policy I think we are better equipped to maintain a push throughout the season.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 0:33]

We're light up top, and if we're unlucky with a couple of injuries the back line won't look too secure either.

Except for ten minute spells here and there, and the first half against MK, we haven't really bossed other teams. We've done enough. I'm yet to be convinced this is all due to the lack of quality in other teams. Just feels far too early to make any confident judgement.

Other teams will come on strong as the season progresses, and the hope must be that we will improve too. Certainly there's a lot to be positive about at the moment but over confidence must be checked.

Be calm... on 10:05 - Oct 6 with 1885 viewsOldsmoker

Some perspective.
This list shows current league position and our result against them.
14W, 6D, 7D, 21W, 24W, 12W, 10D, 17W, 15W, 20W, 3W.
As Dyland says - wait till Xmas.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024