Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahhhh..... 23:56 - Aug 20 with 2028 viewsBent_double

there's nothing like leaving a game 2 minutes before the end, walking down Portman Road, hearing the crowd go silent, then the roar of relief as a goal is scored. And I missed it, any good, was it???

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Ahhhh..... on 23:58 - Aug 20 with 1991 viewsSE1blue

Jackson curled it into the corner from 35 yards after Donacien nutmegged two Wimbledon players.

Not really.

Was a good goal though. Lashed in from inside the box after watching it over his shoulder. One of those where you pause and then go mental when it hits the net.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Ahhhh..... on 23:58 - Aug 20 with 1985 viewsWickets

Confushious he say never truck off early !
Ahhhh..... on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 1945 viewsBent_double

Ahhhh..... on 23:58 - Aug 20 by Wickets

Confushious he say never truck off early !

I know, I think the last time I did that was around 2004/5, we were 1-0 down to Burnley, was walking back towards the town centre as an almighty roar went up as we equalised...

Maybe I just shouldn't go to games...

Ahhhh..... on 00:02 - Aug 21 with 1932 viewsJ2BLUE

Why leave early? It's madness when we're drawing. If we were 3-0 down then fair enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ahhhh..... on 00:02 - Aug 21 with 1925 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think I have ever left a game early, although I have been tempted to (3-0 down at Bolton at half time springs to mind).

All I can remember is Jackson sticking it away after a couple of goalmouth scrambles had been cleared earlier.

The best bit was Norwood then went down in the area and stretched out cramp and both sides were lined up and waited a good few minutes while he hobbled all the way back as slow as anything. When they kicked off he sprinted to charge down the opponent. I actually thought he was a little lucky to get away without a card for unsporting behaviour!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ahhhh..... on 00:03 - Aug 21 with 1914 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ahhhh..... on 00:00 - Aug 21 by Bent_double

I know, I think the last time I did that was around 2004/5, we were 1-0 down to Burnley, was walking back towards the town centre as an almighty roar went up as we equalised...

Maybe I just shouldn't go to games...

If those are the only two times you have done it, please go to every game and always leave early.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ahhhh..... on 00:05 - Aug 21 with 1904 viewsWarkystache

I missed Alan Armstrong's goal v Inter because I needed a sh*t. And the bog didn't have any paper.

And I missed Bobby Petta's second v the scum in the 5-0 because I went for a piss thinking "Blimey 4-0, might be five in a while, better have a piss now in case I miss it".

And yeah, I left tonight on 90 minutes......didn't need the toilet though.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ahhhh..... on 00:15 - Aug 21 with 1855 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Leaving a ground 2 minutes before the final whistle, when you're at 1-1 and very much in the ascendancy, just so you can get home 20 minutes earlier is utter madness to me.

If we are 4-0 down, or 3-0 up, fine, but when there's a goal or less in it? Madness.
Don't do it again.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Ahhhh..... on 00:18 - Aug 21 with 1839 viewsBent_double

Ahhhh..... on 00:02 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Why leave early? It's madness when we're drawing. If we were 3-0 down then fair enough.

To be honest I'd seen enough after 70-odd minutes we were so poor - I almost left before Norwoods goal.

Ahhhh..... on 00:18 - Aug 21 with 1837 viewsWickets

Ahhhh..... on 00:05 - Aug 21 by Warkystache

I missed Alan Armstrong's goal v Inter because I needed a sh*t. And the bog didn't have any paper.

And I missed Bobby Petta's second v the scum in the 5-0 because I went for a piss thinking "Blimey 4-0, might be five in a while, better have a piss now in case I miss it".

And yeah, I left tonight on 90 minutes......didn't need the toilet though.

Reminded me i was busting for a piss when Rueser scored his debut goal and our winner against Fulham , glad i managed to hang on .
Ahhhh..... on 00:38 - Aug 21 with 1767 viewsyesjohn99

I missed both goals. Had to get to Felixstowe for a 2200 start at work. Gutted.
Ahhhh..... on 01:05 - Aug 21 with 1730 viewstextbackup

Ahhhh..... on 00:38 - Aug 21 by yesjohn99

I missed both goals. Had to get to Felixstowe for a 2200 start at work. Gutted.

fruit machine engineer?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ahhhh..... on 01:12 - Aug 21 with 1718 viewsyesjohn99

Ahhhh..... on 01:05 - Aug 21 by textbackup

fruit machine engineer?

Riding the waltzer all night by myself.
Ahhhh..... on 07:00 - Aug 21 with 1459 viewsITFC_Forever

Ahhhh..... on 00:02 - Aug 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think I have ever left a game early, although I have been tempted to (3-0 down at Bolton at half time springs to mind).

All I can remember is Jackson sticking it away after a couple of goalmouth scrambles had been cleared earlier.

The best bit was Norwood then went down in the area and stretched out cramp and both sides were lined up and waited a good few minutes while he hobbled all the way back as slow as anything. When they kicked off he sprinted to charge down the opponent. I actually thought he was a little lucky to get away without a card for unsporting behaviour!

If the ref had booked Norwood, he’d have had to have booked had the Wimbledon team after their persistent dawdling.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ahhhh..... on 07:31 - Aug 21 with 1337 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Only game I left early was at home to Rotherham a few seasons ago.... and that was at half time!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024