Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? 12:28 - Aug 5 with 1182 viewshampstead_blue

I'm not sure what PL is aiming to do by alienating ME over transfers.

It's never going to end well.

Is he trying to embarrass ME into spending? I think the exact opposite will happen. ME will now either dig his heels in or admit he is wrong and spend.

Either way, I don't think PL's recent utterances bode well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 12:37 - Aug 5 with 1152 viewsJ2BLUE

I think PL is playing a very smart game. He knows the fans are on his side. I'm not saying Evans will act on his comments but I don't think he can touch Lambert without a massive backlash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think it's being blown out of all proportion on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 1141 viewsDyland

Slightly silly timing imo, but a storm in a teacup.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 12:55 - Aug 5 with 1087 viewsTractorCam

It should only end good rather than bad. Evans will either give Lambert some money or call his bluff and do nothing, Lambert won't walk.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 12:59 - Aug 5 with 1073 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans should do what we and he can afford without screwing us over more in the future.

I don’t think his underling whining to the press should alter anything.
Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 13:02 - Aug 5 with 1059 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 12:55 - Aug 5 by TractorCam

It should only end good rather than bad. Evans will either give Lambert some money or call his bluff and do nothing, Lambert won't walk.

He hasn't said he will, has he? So it isn't even calling his bluff.

Clearly Lambert is doing all he can to persuade Evans to do more (and in the process, taking pressure off the players by saying we haven't got enough). Evans is far too financially astute to throw money at it unless he believes it is feasible and will work. He is not convinced by one or the other.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 13:03 - Aug 5 with 1058 viewsKieran_Knows

I doubt it. I suspect Evans will point to the several interviews where Lambert has stated he knows what the score is here and that he knew he had nothing to spend.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 13:04 - Aug 5 with 1055 viewsTractorCam

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 13:02 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

He hasn't said he will, has he? So it isn't even calling his bluff.

Clearly Lambert is doing all he can to persuade Evans to do more (and in the process, taking pressure off the players by saying we haven't got enough). Evans is far too financially astute to throw money at it unless he believes it is feasible and will work. He is not convinced by one or the other.

Exactly, the likelihood is he will not do anything. People seem to think he will walk as a result of this, which he clearly wouldn't.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 14:41 - Aug 5 with 925 viewsbraveblue

All he did was tell the truth. Evans should give it a go!!
Login to get fewer ads

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 15:10 - Aug 5 with 891 viewsRegencyBlue

No owner of a football club can afford to be seen to act off the back of a public 'outing' by their manager.

I would imagine both Evans and Lambert know that, which is what makes this situation very interesting. Lambert clearly has something in mind and I dont think its just covering his back, there are other ways of doing that. Time will tell I guess.

What I would say is that if Evans is dumb enough to sack Lambert over this, and given his performance to date its not out of the question, I think he might finally have the crowd turn against him big style!
Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 15:16 - Aug 5 with 877 viewsOxford_Blue

No. Evans has made his mind up that he is not going to throw good money after bad. He may not have the cash - it’s one thing being worth millions but he may not have that available readily. He’s been spending £6m a year to subsidise town, that’s probably nearer £10m now.

It’s his money. He’s earned it. It would be great if he just spent tens of millions on the club without worrying about whether he’ll get it back. But he won’t do that.
Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 18:45 - Aug 5 with 811 viewsChurchman

Will ME's hand be forced by PL's recent public utterances? on 15:16 - Aug 5 by Oxford_Blue

No. Evans has made his mind up that he is not going to throw good money after bad. He may not have the cash - it’s one thing being worth millions but he may not have that available readily. He’s been spending £6m a year to subsidise town, that’s probably nearer £10m now.

It’s his money. He’s earned it. It would be great if he just spent tens of millions on the club without worrying about whether he’ll get it back. But he won’t do that.

I am not too worried about poor Marcus losing £x a year. Firstly I doubt it’s the figures bandied about on here are correct and secondly he could recoup the lot and make a big fat profit in a trice if he was to flog off the training ground for building land.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024