Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? 11:10 - Jul 17 with 965 viewsunstableblue

We seem to have a lot of flies this summer... opening the patio doors from the kitchen at Unstable Mansions and they'll soon be 5-10 large flies buzzing around. You can only swot/spray so many, and I don't really like to use spray in the kitchen - especially when the the swan in aspic is being prepared by cook.

What do you think is the best solution?

I did hang two fly trap bags near the house - this is a bag filled with a powder, you add water, and they get attracted in - TO THEIR DEATHS.

These collected hundreds, but I wondered if they were attracting in flies. So have removed.

We did buy a cheap neon/electric thing (like you get in butchers)..... but seems to be ineffective.

I welcome suggestions and advise?

Many thanks in advance.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:25 - Jul 17 with 940 viewsGuthrum

Pretend you're looking at something stuck to a wall, should give you the chance to surreptitiously check they're done up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:26 - Jul 17 with 934 viewsuefacup81

Lighter and a can of Lynx.

Job done.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 916 viewsSeablu

Bit costly but we got some sliding mesh screen doors. Discreet and effective and amusing to watch the cat bounce off the mesh as it tries to come in.

Worth the investment as the wife tends to scream the house down if any insect bigger than an ant gets in.
TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:38 - Jul 17 with 900 viewsPendejo

Hang 2 sealed bags of water in the opening, for some bizarre reason that I can't fathom it works.

This is a tip I got from my in-laws in Colombia where they have way more flies than we do [in the hot lowlands of Tolima]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:39 - Jul 17 with 895 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Move to a windowless flat

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:48 - Jul 17 with 877 viewsEdwardStone

I had a similar problem....so I got one of these chain link fly curtains

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Door-Fly-Screen-Metal-Chain-Curtain-Silver-

Worth spending a bit more cash and getting the higher quality, the cheapie ones are not all that according to some
TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:53 - Jul 17 with 865 viewshampstead_blue

Maybe bury your victims a bit further away from the house....or just deeper.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 12:14 - Jul 17 with 840 viewsunstableblue

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:53 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

Maybe bury your victims a bit further away from the house....or just deeper.

Maybe I'll have to revert to the acid baths..... so messy though

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 12:15 - Jul 17 with 837 viewsunstableblue

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:38 - Jul 17 by Pendejo

Hang 2 sealed bags of water in the opening, for some bizarre reason that I can't fathom it works.

This is a tip I got from my in-laws in Colombia where they have way more flies than we do [in the hot lowlands of Tolima]

I'd heard this!!! thank you. I will try

Do them up, no-one needs to see that. (n/t) on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 832 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 833 viewsjeera

TWTD Hivemind - what to do about flies? on 11:48 - Jul 17 by EdwardStone

I had a similar problem....so I got one of these chain link fly curtains

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Door-Fly-Screen-Metal-Chain-Curtain-Silver-

Worth spending a bit more cash and getting the higher quality, the cheapie ones are not all that according to some

I've bought one of those and it excels where other options have failed before it.

Some of the beggers still make it through the windows but my fly issue has at least halved on previous years.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024