Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) 14:00 - Jul 29 with 2108 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 2091 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Because its a football forum, and thats what they like to do ;-)

Ive heard football fans moaning about Arsenal signing a £72m player today! LOL

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What the forum really needs is another thread on the subject (n/t) on 14:07 - Jul 29 with 2088 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 29 with 2044 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why not reply to each of them & explain where they are going wrong?
"Dry dick loser" (n/t) on 14:17 - Jul 29 with 2035 viewswkj

What the forum really needs is another thread on the subject (n/t) on 14:07 - Jul 29 by Dyland

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:23 - Jul 29 with 2014 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert, in January, said he wanted to reduce Town's reliance on the loan market.
“The football club, it’s gone down the route of a lot of loans, some loans come in and all of a sudden they go away at the end of the season and the next ones come in."
“You can’t keep doing that, you have to have your own team of players here and maybe one or two loans, I get that, but not an influx, it’s very difficult to sustain that."
He may prove to be a decent Town manager, but you do need to take most of what he says with a large pinch of salt.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 1976 viewsMrTown

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:15 - Jul 29 by Johnny_Boy

Why not reply to each of them & explain where they are going wrong?

Not going on all of them to read every comment. Just wanted a snippet of why there were some disgruntlement about them.

As someone has provided below.

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 1969 viewsMrTown

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:23 - Jul 29 by Radlett_blue

Lambert, in January, said he wanted to reduce Town's reliance on the loan market.
“The football club, it’s gone down the route of a lot of loans, some loans come in and all of a sudden they go away at the end of the season and the next ones come in."
“You can’t keep doing that, you have to have your own team of players here and maybe one or two loans, I get that, but not an influx, it’s very difficult to sustain that."
He may prove to be a decent Town manager, but you do need to take most of what he says with a large pinch of salt.

Well as every manager comes to find out at Ipswich, when you actually work under ME financial constraints within a transfer window you realise your plans tend to have to be altered.

I don't see a massive problem with 3 loan signings, seemingly useful acquistions as well.

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 1966 viewsWickets

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:23 - Jul 29 by Radlett_blue

I'm sure he still thinks that is the best case scenrio but sometimes needs must. I also think he was referring to the million pound loans not these cheaper jobs that PL has done. Quite honestly the Garbutt deal has to be a good one as the bloke is clearly not wanted at his parent club and out of contract at the seasons end .
Login to get fewer ads

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:33 - Jul 29 with 1966 viewsMrTown

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Because its a football forum, and thats what they like to do ;-)

Ive heard football fans moaning about Arsenal signing a £72m player today! LOL

Well I've seen that from this forum alone.

Presume you're talking about Pepe, he's some player though you know.

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:39 - Jul 29 with 1942 viewsWD19

All three loans are with a potential view to perm. If Bart had gone perm to Millwall, Elliot would almost certainly have come here similarly permanently.

If it helps just imagine they are permanent, but on probation.
Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 1911 viewsRadlett_blue

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:39 - Jul 29 by WD19

All three loans are with a potential view to perm. If Bart had gone perm to Millwall, Elliot would almost certainly have come here similarly permanently.

My post has been misconstrued. I was saying why people were unhappy with us trawling the loan market again & I think it's partly due to the fact we've been using it for years & they's hoped Lambert might do something different.
I don't have an issue with the 3 players we have recently agreed to loan; 2 of them are players who fill gaps in the squad & also are players we could realistically hope to sign on a permanent basis. The other is to cover for Bart's absence on a season long loan & also looks sensible.
However, if by the season start, we have five or more loan players in the squad, many of us will be saying "here we go again".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 1905 viewshomer_123

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:47 - Jul 29 by Radlett_blue

My post has been misconstrued. I was saying why people were unhappy with us trawling the loan market again & I think it's partly due to the fact we've been using it for years & they's hoped Lambert might do something different.
I don't have an issue with the 3 players we have recently agreed to loan; 2 of them are players who fill gaps in the squad & also are players we could realistically hope to sign on a permanent basis. The other is to cover for Bart's absence on a season long loan & also looks sensible.
However, if by the season start, we have five or more loan players in the squad, many of us will be saying "here we go again".

I don't think you need to justify your post Radders. All good bud.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jul 29 with 1862 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mental that this has been downvoted, but I suppose it is daring to criticise our messiah so maybe not

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 15:09 - Jul 29 with 1814 viewsParisBlue

Loans are part of squad building in current market. So long as the loans exceed the quality we already have and fill in gaps (Lawrence, Fraser, Celina, Chalabah, Pennington etc) then we'd be mad not to take them.

It's the ones which are of lesser quality and block our players and/or sit on the bench which I'd object to (Edun, Graham etc)

Not taking loanees would be like Yorkshire only playing people born in Yorkshire....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 15:46 - Jul 29 with 1747 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Mental that this has been downvoted, but I suppose it is daring to criticise our messiah so maybe not

Who has actually said he's the Messiah?
Interested to know.
Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 1738 viewsMrTown

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jul 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Who has stated that Paul Lambert is the messiah, many have supported him, but how dare anyone support our manager.

Having loans is fundamental to a club like ours sqad building, we are able to attract talent better than what we have to help us for a season, as well as developing our own youngsters.

A fianancial structure like ours the loan market can be incredibly useful (of course it will have bad times, as will any transfer policy).

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 16:37 - Jul 29 with 1655 viewsPositivelyPortman

He’s now had time to assess the “youth” and squad in general, and come to realise that some of them ain’t all that.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 16:51 - Jul 29 with 1598 viewsGarv

People are taking 'one or two' very literally.

If Wright or the lad from West Brom were ready for first team action we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 1535 viewsjas0999

... because Lambert said it would be utter madness to have anymore than two and would prefer just one. Made the point of how important it is to build a team so wholesale changes not needed every summer. Said he had identifies three permanent signings.

... yet Evans secures two more loans.
Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 1502 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 14:39 - Jul 29 by WD19

Exactly this. They are also more the supplementary players this time rather than the key players. This allows our own to blossom and doesn't impact particularly in building year on year (i.e. we don't need to start again with these).

We've done ok with some loans in the past i would say though so used right its ok. These boys will actually be playing to win a contract rather than just gaining experience and that can only be a good thing.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 18:23]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 18:22 - Jul 29 with 1501 viewsmarcus1642

You do know Elliot has a hamstring injury?, and has a poor injury history, right? So why bring in this type of loanee?

Defies logic if you ask me.
Why are people getting the hump about 3 loan signings? (n/t) on 21:07 - Jul 29 with 1391 viewsagentp

Surely it should be a case of keeping your options open for the right deal. The world has changed quite a lot since he said that TBH.

Holy may start on Saturday but I am not convinced by him yet TBH. We need another keeper and Norris - well watch this space, he's perfect for what is needed and the way we need to recruit.

More permanents to come. so looking good.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024