Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. 07:15 - May 27 with 4000 viewsnoggin

What does that tell us?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:19 - May 27 with 1973 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nada!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:24 - May 27 with 1950 viewsDanTheMan

Not really a lot we didn't already know. Country is irreparably divided on the issue.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:29 - May 27 with 1955 viewshomer_123

It tells us people are disillusioned.

It tells us just how little people appreciate, understand and acknowledge the depth of feeling some have. Politicians assume too much....far too removed from day to day life.

It tells us people are selfish.

For those on either side...consider this. Even though the lies have been shown regarding leave campaign....regardless of the additional information to hand regarding Brexit people are still voting to leave.

No one is asking why....no one is addressing the reasons why people are disillusioned with the EU or want change so much that they are happy to vote for something so radical.

It tells us that we are split, individualistic, no longer a United people an outcome of societal change that has been slowly changing the Westernised world where the focus is on the individual not the collective.

We no longer care enough about education, health, social care. We care more about images we post on social media, gaming, pursuit of wealth and status.

Brexit is merely a side show of a larger collective malaise we are seeing worldwide.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 9:46]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:32 - May 27 with 1924 viewsHolyGoalie

Our boys and gals got a huge victory last night, I cant wait to see them deliver Brexit from our position of ultimate power.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:40 - May 27 with 1882 viewsnoggin

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:32 - May 27 by HolyGoalie

Our boys and gals got a huge victory last night, I cant wait to see them deliver Brexit from our position of ultimate power.

Really? Please explain because I have no idea what you mean.

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:41 - May 27 with 1874 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:40 - May 27 by noggin

Really? Please explain because I have no idea what you mean.

A typical remainer, still can’t admit defeat
So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:42 - May 27 with 1870 viewsnoggin

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:41 - May 27 by never_lose_the_faith

Perhaps you could explain? I didn't vote in the referendum as I don't live in the UK.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 7:43]

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:46 - May 27 with 1856 viewsHolyGoalie

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:42 - May 27 by noggin

Perhaps you could explain? I didn't vote in the referendum as I don't live in the UK.

You're a johnny foreigner? Typical, coming over here, stealing our bandwidth, turning our login windows burgundy.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Login to get fewer ads

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:53 - May 27 with 1834 viewsnoggin

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:46 - May 27 by HolyGoalie

You're a johnny foreigner? Typical, coming over here, stealing our bandwidth, turning our login windows burgundy.

No, I'm a UK citizen for the time being. The EU allowed me to move and work over here, for which I am grateful. Luckily for me, I qualify for both Irish and Norwegian passports.

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:59 - May 27 with 1812 viewstractordownsouth

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:41 - May 27 by never_lose_the_faith

Your username is very apt for a Brexiteer, all about faith when those pesky facts get in the way

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:59 - May 27 with 1811 viewsDanTheMan

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:53 - May 27 by noggin

No, I'm a UK citizen for the time being. The EU allowed me to move and work over here, for which I am grateful. Luckily for me, I qualify for both Irish and Norwegian passports.

Surely you can tell they're being sarcastic...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:05 - May 27 with 1786 viewsDarth_Koont

A third of the country voting for a no deal Brexit Party tells us that a large proportion of the country just don't care any more.

Anyone who can look at the past 3 years and all the details that have emerged and all the lies that have been debunked and then say "Yep, looks like No Deal is the way to go" has been radicalised by populist nonsense.

Pronouns: He/Him

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:20 - May 27 with 1741 viewsFtnfwest

That there's no point winning elections or referendums?
So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:31 - May 27 with 1713 viewsbluelagos

That the electorate remains split on all things Brexit
That the Tories will shift towards getting done and elect a harder Pm
That labour will shift towards a 2nd ref.
That the leadup to October will push both sides further to the extremes making a soft brexit/compromise less likely.

That's my twopenneth. New election, hard brexit both more likely, soft brexit less likely....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:32 - May 27 with 1700 viewsSwansea_Blue

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:05 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

A third of the country voting for a no deal Brexit Party tells us that a large proportion of the country just don't care any more.

Anyone who can look at the past 3 years and all the details that have emerged and all the lies that have been debunked and then say "Yep, looks like No Deal is the way to go" has been radicalised by populist nonsense.

Nowhere near a third of the country. A third of a third of eligible voters more like. It was a convincing win on a smallish turnout. The remaining two thirds who couldn’t be arsed to vote show that people don’t care (but even so that’s normal in EU elections).

But let’s not turn this into something it isn’t. It’s not a proxy 2nd referendum vote. And to put it into context, nearly a million more people signed the revolk article 50 petition than voted for Farage.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:36 - May 27 with 1668 viewsSwansea_Blue

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:46 - May 27 by HolyGoalie

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:39 - May 27 with 1636 viewsGlasgowBlue

It tells us you don’t know the official position the two major parties have on Brexit. Both Tories and Labour are leave parties.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 8:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:49 - May 27 with 1570 viewsWhymarkmariner

Means zilch mate. I didn't vote as If we are out of the EU where's the point in voting for a Euro MP ? I suggest many that voted did so as a protest against the shambles that is Brexit.
So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:52 - May 27 with 1552 viewsSwansea_Blue

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:39 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

It tells us you don’t know the official position the two major parties have on Brexit. Both Tories and Labour are leave parties.

Depends buh. Labour in Wales is very much for remain. Their latest MEPs, listed candidates, Assembly Members, and councillors around here. They’re not quiet about it either.

As you know, Labour is deeply split between its non-leadership and a lot of its foot soldiers. So it’s nowhere near as simple as them being a Leave party.

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:53 - May 27 with 1551 viewsWeWereZombies

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:39 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

But are they really Leave parties or are they just chasing votes? In a command, order driven, system that might be the case but a representative democracy is thought to constitute a Parliament of members who deliver the wishes of those who elected them, albeit with privileged information that can cause them to act in different ways than they were ostensibly elected to perform. And then there is the party, with its policies and whips. We know that both the Conservatives and Labour had a majority of MPs who favoured remaining in the European Union prior to June 2016. What we don not know is if the apparent change in allegiance to leaving is down to party policy, reappraisal of the issues or personal fears of losing their positions. I think you are being presumptuous.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:57 - May 27 with 1523 viewsGeoffSentence

I think it tells us that no-one really knows if the two former major parties are really in favour of leave or remain.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:58 - May 27 with 1516 viewsGlasgowBlue

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:53 - May 27 by WeWereZombies

But are they really Leave parties or are they just chasing votes? In a command, order driven, system that might be the case but a representative democracy is thought to constitute a Parliament of members who deliver the wishes of those who elected them, albeit with privileged information that can cause them to act in different ways than they were ostensibly elected to perform. And then there is the party, with its policies and whips. We know that both the Conservatives and Labour had a majority of MPs who favoured remaining in the European Union prior to June 2016. What we don not know is if the apparent change in allegiance to leaving is down to party policy, reappraisal of the issues or personal fears of losing their positions. I think you are being presumptuous.

Both the Tories and Labour’s official position is to implement Brexit. That’s a fact.

Labour are in favour of a second referendum if the Tories are in power, although they won’t commit to saying remain will be an option. If Labour are in government then they are not in favour of a second referendum and will negotiate their own deal to leave.

Even when their senior spokespeople spell out their position there are people who still put their heads in the sand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-47721160/brexit-labour-not-a-remain-pa

The last thing Corbyn is doing is chasing votes. He’s been a Brexiteer since before anyone heard of Nigel Farage.

Iron Lion Zion

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:59 - May 27 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:52 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Depends buh. Labour in Wales is very much for remain. Their latest MEPs, listed candidates, Assembly Members, and councillors around here. They’re not quiet about it either.

As you know, Labour is deeply split between its non-leadership and a lot of its foot soldiers. So it’s nowhere near as simple as them being a Leave party.

Candidates can say what they want. Labour’s policy is to leave.

Iron Lion Zion

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 09:00 - May 27 with 1505 viewsBenters2

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 07:42 - May 27 by noggin

So why not keep your beak out ?
So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 09:11 - May 27 with 1483 viewsDarth_Koont

So remain parties won slightly more votes than leave parties. on 08:32 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Nowhere near a third of the country. A third of a third of eligible voters more like. It was a convincing win on a smallish turnout. The remaining two thirds who couldn’t be arsed to vote show that people don’t care (but even so that’s normal in EU elections).

But let’s not turn this into something it isn’t. It’s not a proxy 2nd referendum vote. And to put it into context, nearly a million more people signed the revolk article 50 petition than voted for Farage.

That's a fair point.

I'll rephrase: A third of those who bothered to vote have given up on reason and will let themselves be led by the nose into supporting a no deal that will cause them problems and cause the Brexit Party leaders zero.

I agree that this vote doesn't ultimately mean anything. More a comment on what some voters are willing to put their cross next to. Probably shows we're just a small step away from having a Trump-like populist in government not just on the fringes like Farage.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024