Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which players turned down deals? 11:16 - May 20 with 1447 viewsDublinBlue84

They delayed this list over and over again whilst they continue to talk to players.

This suggests that some players must have been offered something or they would have reeased the list weeks ago.

Is there any rumour on who they were and what they were offered?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:17 - May 20 with 1421 viewsartsbossbeard

Some decent 2+2 = 5 stuff here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:17 - May 20 with 1424 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Adeyemi.

Offered a pay as you play deal but decided he'd be better off financially on JSA.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Which players turned down deals? on 11:19 - May 20 with 1381 viewsDublinBlue84

Which players turned down deals? on 11:17 - May 20 by artsbossbeard

Some decent 2+2 = 5 stuff here.

I just don't understand why you keep delaying an announcement when there is nothing to delay if the clubs mind was already made up.

By the clubs own admission they were still talking to players which was the reason for the announcement being delayed, so clearly it wasn't a simple case of them all going no matter what.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:20 - May 20 with 1346 viewsSwansea_Blue

You'd think Knudsen would be of interest to someone in the Championship

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:22 - May 20 with 1317 viewsbontcho

Which players turned down deals? on 11:19 - May 20 by DublinBlue84

I just don't understand why you keep delaying an announcement when there is nothing to delay if the clubs mind was already made up.

By the clubs own admission they were still talking to players which was the reason for the announcement being delayed, so clearly it wasn't a simple case of them all going no matter what.

I wonder if the club wanted to be confident of having a keeper close to sorted before they released Gerken? Sounds like Holy is “imminent”.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:25 - May 20 with 1265 viewsuefacup81

Which players turned down deals? on 11:19 - May 20 by DublinBlue84

I wouldn't have been surprised if perhaps Ward and Adeyemi were offered deals which took into account their injuries, which they may well have turned down.

Perhaps it was also unclear at the time whether Gerken would be number 1 next season, in which case he may have been happy to stay.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:34 - May 20 with 1174 viewsBlueBadger

Which players turned down deals? on 11:20 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

You'd think Knudsen would be of interest to someone in the Championship

i'm astounded that someone hasn't started a 'so I see the international left back hasn't got a club yet' thread already.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:34 - May 20 with 1179 viewsGuthrum

It's not exactly a delay. The deadline for sending the list to the football authorities was only two days ago. A public announcement is not strictly necessary at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Which players turned down deals? on 11:36 - May 20 with 1155 viewsartsbossbeard

Which players turned down deals? on 11:34 - May 20 by Guthrum

It's not exactly a delay. The deadline for sending the list to the football authorities was only two days ago. A public announcement is not strictly necessary at all.

So that it bites us on the bum in the future, it's important to find out who turned down a new deal and who didn't.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Which players turned down deals? on 11:39 - May 20 with 1085 viewsChateauWines

I wish them all well for the future. As to whether they were offered deals or not, I simply don’t care. None will be a particular loss.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024