Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? 12:12 - Feb 6 with 4335 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Can't find any information on it. Hoping to get away without buying a train ticket as the last two years I took the train and never got checked for one so not wanting to waste another train fare.

Will the 10:30 be the busy one that they won't check or is the 9:30 my best bet?

Apologies if already discussed!
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:15 - Feb 6 with 4323 viewsITFC_Forever

Edit: From Greater Anglia twitter:

We will be running the following additional services between Ipswich & Norwich;
0912 dep. Ipswich - 0957 arr. Norwich - 8 Car 321 (calling Stowmarket only)
0959 dep. Ipswich - 1050 arr. Norwich - 4 Car 156 (calling Stowmarket only)

Edit 2: Now showing on Train website:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/IPS/NRW/100219/1700/first
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 12:17]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:16 - Feb 6 with 4305 viewsTractorCam

9.34 and 9.59 are the football trains, don't you need tickets to get through the barriers anyway?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:18 - Feb 6 with 4290 viewsITFC_Forever

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:16 - Feb 6 by TractorCam

9.34 and 9.59 are the football trains, don't you need tickets to get through the barriers anyway?

There isn't a 9.34.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:19 - Feb 6 with 4282 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I will be getting on the last one possible, I assumed people would be doing the same.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:40 - Feb 6 with 4221 viewsSitfcB

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:19 - Feb 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

I will be getting on the last one possible, I assumed people would be doing the same.

Depends.

There’s one that gets in at 11:12 but you’re risking not getting in! Depends how strict they are.....knowing them they’ll be as strict as can be.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 4089 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:40 - Feb 6 by SitfcB

Depends.

There’s one that gets in at 11:12 but you’re risking not getting in! Depends how strict they are.....knowing them they’ll be as strict as can be.

can't remember how long the walk from the station to ground took lat time.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 14:05 - Feb 6 with 4076 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:16 - Feb 6 by TractorCam

Don't remember needing to do so previously, they usually just have the barriers open
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 14:33 - Feb 6 with 4027 views26_Paz

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:40 - Feb 6 by SitfcB

Depends.

They've asked (told) us all to get there by 11.30. I know the walk is round the houses but should be easily doable in 18 minutes?

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 21:44 - Feb 6 with 3768 viewswarkthisway

Why wouldn’t you pay for a ticket? Do you expect everything to be given to you free? - what a great advert for a Town fan you are - bet you work for the council and steal a living from honest taxpayers .

bentnkuqi

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 09:50 - Feb 7 with 3553 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 21:44 - Feb 6 by warkthisway

Why wouldn’t you pay for a ticket? Do you expect everything to be given to you free? - what a great advert for a Town fan you are - bet you work for the council and steal a living from honest taxpayers .

Because whenever I have they've never checked, so there's little point spending £10-£20 doing so if they won't bother checking?

I don't work for the council or steal a living from tax payers either. I happily pay tax and give monthly to charity and my mum on top of that so sorry to burst your good Samaritan bubble
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 11:33 - Feb 7 with 3487 viewsEssen_blue

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 09:50 - Feb 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Because whenever I have they've never checked, so there's little point spending £10-£20 doing so if they won't bother checking?

I don't work for the council or steal a living from tax payers either. I happily pay tax and give monthly to charity and my mum on top of that so sorry to burst your good Samaritan bubble

I am tempted to try and go for free as well, I just don't want to be annoyed at the barrier joining a huge queue for a ticket off one conductor trying to handle 200 people at once.

It is cheaper to buy 3 tickets than 2 on the off peak, if anyone wants my 3rd ticket let me know.
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 11:36 - Feb 7 with 3468 viewsChampionship

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 09:50 - Feb 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

It's really not a good argument that they don't check. You're using their service and you should pay.
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 11:46 - Feb 7 with 3456 viewsBenters2

The barriers are always open.

However coming from Bentley Central Parkway,and if you fancy a few in the station first,tickets do get cheked going into Ipswich.
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:19 - Feb 7 with 3395 viewsTractorCam

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 11:36 - Feb 7 by Championship

It's really not a good argument that they don't check. You're using their service and you should pay.

That's what it's like in Germany, there are no barriers at all and barely and conductors. You can just hop on and off whenever you like, could most likely travel across the whole country for free. It's a trust thing and everyone I saw had a ticket.

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:42 - Feb 7 with 3360 viewsEssen_blue

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:19 - Feb 7 by TractorCam

That's what it's like in Germany, there are no barriers at all and barely and conductors. You can just hop on and off whenever you like, could most likely travel across the whole country for free. It's a trust thing and everyone I saw had a ticket.

Football ticket includes the train and trams in the local area.

If you travel on the ICE you will be checked, but regional trains it is worth the risk and pay the odd fine or just get off the train before you are checked, when you see the conductor coming, it works out cheaper than buying a ticket every time.

Also the DB service is awful, it feels a insult to pay.
Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:43 - Feb 7 with 3351 viewsuefacup81

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:42 - Feb 7 by Essen_blue

If you travel on the ICE you will be checked, but regional trains it is worth the risk and pay the odd fine or just get off the train before you are checked, when you see the conductor coming, it works out cheaper than buying a ticket every time.

"The DB service is awful"!?

Compared to British services, DB is an absolute dream!

I remember, back in 2010, a group of us doing Berlin -> Köln for Karneval on a Schönes Wochenende Ticket for €14 each, return.

Yes, it was a twelve-hour journey each way, involving multiple changes of trains, but it was great!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 12:45]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:52 - Feb 7 with 3323 viewsTractorCam

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 12:42 - Feb 7 by Essen_blue

Correct, the ICE is the one time i was checked, I had tickets for just a normal DB train so had to pay extra, luckily I just said I was English so didn't really know what I was doing.

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 21:23 - Feb 7 with 3174 viewswarkthisway

Just wondering where that mentality comes from- do you pay for petrol or drive off without paying ?
What you are suggesting is a criminal act and you are inciting others to a criminal act . Not from Liverpool are you?

bentnkuqi

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 02:09 - Feb 8 with 3078 viewsHARRY10

Which is the designated football train on Sunday? on 21:23 - Feb 7 by warkthisway

Just wondering where that mentality comes from- do you pay for petrol or drive off without paying ?
What you are suggesting is a criminal act and you are inciting others to a criminal act . Not from Liverpool are you?

Probably not the brightest idea to advertise on here that you (and others ?) are going to dodge paying the train fare.

Doesn't really add to the thought that our fans deserve to be treated better at this game either, does it ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024