Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a real shame... 03:13 - Jan 10 with 2145 viewsSpruceMoose

That some are so ideologically motivated that they won't admit, and celebrate, just what it is that makes Great Britain great.

Imagine being so upset by the idea that the UK is a place where multiple cultures, ideas, innovations and beliefs can collide and create something new and incredibly interesting.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/hsbc-anti-brexit-campaign-upsets-br
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 3:17]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's a real shame... on 04:06 - Jan 10 with 2101 viewswkj

They are just wasting loads of words to say what they really mean
HSBC - Give us your money.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 4:07]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It's a real shame... on 04:42 - Jan 10 with 2093 viewsIllinoisblue

as I was saying just earlier to a fellow ex-pat, you look at the news in the UK and just shake your head. The ongoing Brexit shambles, the "yellow vest movement", the absolute state of both political parties... What the actual F is going on?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's a real shame... on 05:09 - Jan 10 with 2071 viewsLord_Lucan

I think people are getting confused. For a sensible headed person (of which I assume there are a few) the argument for BREXIT is nothing to do with multi cultureism (is that actually a word?) but more a desire to be independent. Half of my Indian brothers want Brexit.

I got pissed with a Dutch guy last night who was very right wing in his thinking but he thought we are mad to leave EU. it’s not a left or right wing argument, it’s nothing to do with not liking curry. This is what drives me mad. I genuinely think that most people don’t understand the debate.

It’s infuriating.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It's a real shame... on 05:09 - Jan 10 with 2063 viewswkj

It's a real shame... on 04:42 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

as I was saying just earlier to a fellow ex-pat, you look at the news in the UK and just shake your head. The ongoing Brexit shambles, the "yellow vest movement", the absolute state of both political parties... What the actual F is going on?

To be honest "What the F is going on?" can probably apply to both the USA and UK atm

Crybaby

It's a real shame... on 05:11 - Jan 10 with 2059 viewsBenters2

It's a real shame... on 05:09 - Jan 10 by wkj

To be honest "What the F is going on?" can probably apply to both the USA and UK atm

He lives in one and comes from another go figure!
It's a real shame... on 05:14 - Jan 10 with 2056 viewswkj

It's a real shame... on 05:11 - Jan 10 by Benters2

He lives in one and comes from another go figure!

Well this will blow your tits off - I am a citizen of both

Crybaby

It's a real shame... on 05:18 - Jan 10 with 2045 viewsBenters2

It's a real shame... on 05:14 - Jan 10 by wkj

Well this will blow your tits off - I am a citizen of both

That figures the regular bum chum ways you two have then xoxox 😍😘
It's a real shame... on 05:19 - Jan 10 with 2043 viewswkj

It's a real shame... on 05:18 - Jan 10 by Benters2

That figures the regular bum chum ways you two have then xoxox 😍😘

You so jel

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

It's a real shame... on 05:21 - Jan 10 with 2041 viewsBenters2

It's a real shame... on 05:19 - Jan 10 by wkj

You so jel

Bloody right I am!
It's a real shame... on 05:23 - Jan 10 with 2038 viewswkj

It's a real shame... on 05:21 - Jan 10 by Benters2

Bloody right I am!

Get cruncher, cobbler and taxi, we'll turn up with Dolly and we'l have a mega love in

Crybaby

It's a real shame... on 05:27 - Jan 10 with 2031 viewsBenters2

It's a real shame... on 05:23 - Jan 10 by wkj

Get cruncher, cobbler and taxi, we'll turn up with Dolly and we'l have a mega love in

I’m meeting all those for a pre match beer up Saturday,I’ve never seen anybody in Mannings wearing a full sized army rucksack though,I’m not sure that’s allowed.
It's a real shame... on 05:28 - Jan 10 with 2030 viewswkj

It's a real shame... on 05:27 - Jan 10 by Benters2

I’m meeting all those for a pre match beer up Saturday,I’ve never seen anybody in Mannings wearing a full sized army rucksack though,I’m not sure that’s allowed.

No ruck sacks in mannings?

Crybaby

It's a real shame... on 08:07 - Jan 10 with 1911 viewsBluebell

It's a real shame... on 05:27 - Jan 10 by Benters2

Oh no Benters...............

Does that mean you will drunkenly come over to me at half time and give me a kiss and say you are looking for someone again?
It's a real shame... on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 1857 viewsGuthrum

It's a real shame... on 05:09 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

I think people are getting confused. For a sensible headed person (of which I assume there are a few) the argument for BREXIT is nothing to do with multi cultureism (is that actually a word?) but more a desire to be independent. Half of my Indian brothers want Brexit.

I got pissed with a Dutch guy last night who was very right wing in his thinking but he thought we are mad to leave EU. it’s not a left or right wing argument, it’s nothing to do with not liking curry. This is what drives me mad. I genuinely think that most people don’t understand the debate.

It’s infuriating.

It shouldn't be. However, as we get closer to the date and things hot up, the noisier end of the debate has been hijacked by more extreme, fringe elements and those reacting against them. As fear rises among Brexiteers that their victory will be snatched away at the last minute, the more strident, hard line elements come to the fore.

The cause has been espoused by elements of the UK nationalist right who see it as a bulwark against multiculturalism (one has only to look at comments in the Telegraph to gauge that). Their propensity for (usually mild, i.e. abuse and jostling) direct action garners a lot of attention. Then those who are strongly in favour of multiculturalism (often on the political left and with no less relish for confrontation) join battle to oppose that. Thus taking all attention away from the important issues which will really affect most of the population.

Part of the problem is the technical arguments (sovreignty/EU integration, economics, balanced migration) are much too esoteric, complex - and nuanced - for newspaper headlines and TV news bulletins. So things get boiled down to "soundbites", which are much too blunt an instrument for useful debate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's a real shame... on 09:51 - Jan 10 with 1841 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anything that upsets Patrick O’Flynn is ok by me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's a real shame... on 09:52 - Jan 10 with 1836 viewsjjblue84

Then it will be Britain in only name...
It's a real shame... on 09:53 - Jan 10 with 1833 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a real shame... on 09:52 - Jan 10 by jjblue84

Ah yes, because the bloodline has always run pure hasn't it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's a real shame... on 09:54 - Jan 10 with 1827 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a real shame... on 09:49 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

It shouldn't be. However, as we get closer to the date and things hot up, the noisier end of the debate has been hijacked by more extreme, fringe elements and those reacting against them. As fear rises among Brexiteers that their victory will be snatched away at the last minute, the more strident, hard line elements come to the fore.

The cause has been espoused by elements of the UK nationalist right who see it as a bulwark against multiculturalism (one has only to look at comments in the Telegraph to gauge that). Their propensity for (usually mild, i.e. abuse and jostling) direct action garners a lot of attention. Then those who are strongly in favour of multiculturalism (often on the political left and with no less relish for confrontation) join battle to oppose that. Thus taking all attention away from the important issues which will really affect most of the population.

Part of the problem is the technical arguments (sovreignty/EU integration, economics, balanced migration) are much too esoteric, complex - and nuanced - for newspaper headlines and TV news bulletins. So things get boiled down to "soundbites", which are much too blunt an instrument for useful debate.

I make you right!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It's a real shame... on 09:56 - Jan 10 with 1822 viewschicoazul

Pretty much the same as always really. A few load mouthed bigots and rseholes taking up airwaves while our eternally-useless ruling class & communists prevaricate argue and dither, as the vast majority of normal sensible gentle and kind British people just carry on with their day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's a real shame... on 09:58 - Jan 10 with 1813 viewsfactual_blue

It's a real shame... on 09:53 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

Ah yes, because the bloodline has always run pure hasn't it

Yes. All the way back to the first migrants from Africa.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It's a real shame... on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1804 viewsfactual_blue

Two points:

The 'yellow vests' are in France.

trump.

It's a real shame... on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 1770 viewsfactual_blue

It's a real shame... on 09:52 - Jan 10 by jjblue84

As Guthers will tell you, the 'Great' in Great Britain is geographic adjective, not one of power or prestige.

It's a real shame... on 10:15 - Jan 10 with 1763 viewsBenters2

It's a real shame... on 08:07 - Jan 10 by Bluebell

Oh no Benters...............

Does that mean you will drunkenly come over to me at half time and give me a kiss and say you are looking for someone again?

Yeah any port in a storm 😇
It's a real shame... on 10:32 - Jan 10 with 1730 viewsPinewoodblue

It's a real shame... on 10:00 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

Two points:

The 'yellow vests' are in France.

trump.

Yellow vests are compulsory in France, every driver must have one in their car.

Complicated in UK as Police wear them a lot.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024