Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins 08:43 - Nov 30 with 13442 viewsunstableblue

Looks like May’s deal will fail in a few weeks to get through parliament. Too many MPs publicly stating opposition and Labour has no direction.

May will probably then go. And our finances and economy will be thrown into turmoil and further uncertainty and stalled investment.

Amusingly some of the whips are stating MPs will miss Christmas if they dismiss what May has on the table. And too bloody right. No MP or senior government person should have any time off currently we are in a shambles.

The voice for no deal, complete drop out, and ‘reverting’ to WTO rules grows louder, the siren call for Brexiteers who offer no workable solution. WTO rules is not a workable solution (see article link below), and indeed many leavers used to dismiss it as a non starter:
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/uk-cant-rely-wto-rules-soften-blo

It’s a cl@sterf@ck that completely damages our country. Whilst we should be out in the world selling our creativity and energy to new markets AS a part of the EU, an entry point into the EU. The balance of power is shifting to the East and France and Germany are
Out there selling large... undistracted by Brexit.

Another superpower who chose an isolationist agenda, the USA is similarly missing the boat...
India and China are flexing, selling hard into Africa, South America, and Asia... often centred on German kit (for how long?)... whilst US-A crippled by its own debt, failing infrastructure and huge social divide further harms itself with unworkable tariffs and a racist persona.

The Trump lies are coming home to roost - his agenda of anti immigration and tub thumping patriotism (sounds like our Leave campaign) was never any good for the American people, even his base. But it won’t be his sympathy for the hard right or his climate change denial, or his perpetual lying and demonising of the media that will be his downfall.

It’ll be his greed and his dodgy dealings with women and non-disclosure agreements. And to think many in the UK look on Trump as some exemplar.

And of course he was to be our Brexit saviour - which he has reneged on. An orange, serial liar, misogynistic seleflish man who counts Farage as his friend was never going to one to build a strategy on.

Ahem....
Don’t know where that all came from.. time for a lie down.
If only our team was doing well - we’d all be immune to external concerns!!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 8:55]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 08:51 - Nov 30 with 5816 viewswkj

Trump downfall begins

I have kid myself into thinking this many time, yet politically the man is a genius in staying alive through scandals that would have sunk most.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:00 - Nov 30 with 5786 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

All this stuff and 'flexing'........any thoughts on the environment and climate change etc.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 5771 viewsPinewoodblue

Did getting that off your chest make you feel better.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 5761 viewsWeekender

Good post

If May goes I am not sure what difference it would make. Conservatives wont call an election and regardless EU wont renegotiate.

There appears to be a cross party amendment on the way to try and rule out no deal. As you say 'reverting' to WTO is a misnomer. WTO is not a ready made system the UK can default to.

At the moment it appears we are heading for May's deal (via a second vote if first isn't to one sided), a back up Norway option, a second referendum (although surely would need to include no deal option with the risk that us plebs might choose that) or remain (but how could they do that without a second referendum?)

A cl@sterf@ck indeed!

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:24 - Nov 30 with 5751 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 08:51 - Nov 30 by wkj

Trump downfall begins

I have kid myself into thinking this many time, yet politically the man is a genius in staying alive through scandals that would have sunk most.

Yep, he's normalised lying and built such a fanatical fanbase that I doubt anything could rock him. I fully expect him to get in next term and go the distance.

American's can be amazing people, but there are also a large number who have a screw loose. A bit like anywhere else I suppose.

Edit - nice avatar btw. Is it a Banksy?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 9:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:37 - Nov 30 with 5732 viewswkj

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:24 - Nov 30 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, he's normalised lying and built such a fanatical fanbase that I doubt anything could rock him. I fully expect him to get in next term and go the distance.

American's can be amazing people, but there are also a large number who have a screw loose. A bit like anywhere else I suppose.

Edit - nice avatar btw. Is it a Banksy?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 9:25]

It might be, It might not be, He might exist, He might not - Everybody thinks, nobody knows

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:29 - Nov 30 with 5667 viewsNo9

With seroios issues over the lelvels of poverty in the UK being raised by the UN envoy and the rising numbers of company failures at the moment the economy isn't in a good place now is it.

As you rightly point out the Trump issues are not only serious but may also spread to the UK.

Chinese internal difficulties are already having a negative affect on the UK

Trying to adjoin with the WTO fraut with problems raised by others

To be doing what the tories are doing at the moment is at best foolhardy.
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:30 - Nov 30 with 5664 viewsNo9

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 08:51 - Nov 30 by wkj

Trump downfall begins

The open question is what actual US laws has he broken?
He has a teflon overcoat
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:42 - Nov 30 with 5655 viewstabletopjoe

May’s not going anywhere, you’re stuck with her for many years I’m afraid, Brexit will carry on for at least another five years, and by then you’ll have forgotten all about it

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:44 - Nov 30 with 5651 viewsRyorry

Trump downfall begins

One day very, very soon, we're all gonna wake up and find that we're actually in The Trump - sorry, Truman Show -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120382/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120382/videoplayer/vi1878327577?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:58 - Nov 30 with 5629 viewsclive_baker

Literally just put it to a 2nd vote. Remain vs. leave without a deal. That's apparently the Brexit the leave voters wanted and they're free to vote that way again. I would wager remain would win 60:40. Then we can retract Article 50, sack the whole idea off and get on with our lives never to have to speak of pissing brexit again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:10 - Nov 30 with 5605 viewsNo9

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:58 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Literally just put it to a 2nd vote. Remain vs. leave without a deal. That's apparently the Brexit the leave voters wanted and they're free to vote that way again. I would wager remain would win 60:40. Then we can retract Article 50, sack the whole idea off and get on with our lives never to have to speak of pissing brexit again.

The RW of the tory party have been at this for too long to give up now & Mrs May doesn't have the support to stand up to them.
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:12 - Nov 30 with 5605 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 12:58 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Problem with that for me is that it would further undermine faith in the voting system & democratic process itself. People would say there's even less point in voting than there was before. I think really deep civil unrest would ensue.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:18 - Nov 30 with 5588 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:12 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Problem with that for me is that it would further undermine faith in the voting system & democratic process itself. People would say there's even less point in voting than there was before. I think really deep civil unrest would ensue.

"Problem with that for me is that it would further undermine faith in the voting system & democratic process itself. "

Sorry Rozzer, that just doesn't make any sense to me.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 13:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 13:18 - Nov 30 with 5585 views_

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:12 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:23 - Nov 30 with 5578 viewsWithnail

on 13:18 - Nov 30 by _

Best of 5? Or 7?
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:24 - Nov 30 with 5568 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:23 - Nov 30 by Withnail

Best of 5? Or 7?

Um... are you trying to demonstrate his point with some great satire?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:34 - Nov 30 with 5556 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

So, to be clear, the voters will think that being given more democracy would be anti-democratic and cause deep civil unrest?

Ok. Maybe that's exactly what we then deserve, if the electorate are THAT dense.
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:52 - Nov 30 with 5525 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:18 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

"Problem with that for me is that it would further undermine faith in the voting system & democratic process itself. "

Sorry Rozzer, that just doesn't make any sense to me.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 13:21]

Don't like any election result? Just create a fuss and try to get a re-run. People might well say there'd be no point in voting.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:54 - Nov 30 with 5521 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:34 - Nov 30 by ITFC_Aylesbury

So, to be clear, the voters will think that being given more democracy would be anti-democratic and cause deep civil unrest?

Ok. Maybe that's exactly what we then deserve, if the electorate are THAT dense.

I didn't say anything remotely like that.

Pls see my reply to Moosey.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:55 - Nov 30 with 5519 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:52 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Don't like any election result? Just create a fuss and try to get a re-run. People might well say there'd be no point in voting.

The thing that we voted on has changed beyond recognition. It's decidedly undemocratic to refuse people a say on the new reality, seeing as we went down this whole stupid referendum path to begin with.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:55 - Nov 30 with 5519 viewsRyorry

on 13:18 - Nov 30 by _

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:57 - Nov 30 with 5515 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:55 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

The thing that we voted on has changed beyond recognition. It's decidedly undemocratic to refuse people a say on the new reality, seeing as we went down this whole stupid referendum path to begin with.

So every 3 months on from a GE, when things have also always changed, have another one!!

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:58 - Nov 30 with 5511 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:57 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

So every 3 months on from a GE, when things have also always changed, have another one!!

You are aware we have regular GE for this very reason? I'm not following your point.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 14:02 - Nov 30 with 5506 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 13:58 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

You are aware we have regular GE for this very reason? I'm not following your point.

Life is fluid, things change every day. If we had a re-vote every time every situation changes, it'd be impossible to plan and many people would question what the point in voting was, since their view would be disregarded in favour of another vote till the "right" result was arrived at.

Perhaps I didn't explain it very well!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024