Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The shortlist... 07:29 - Oct 26 with 3970 viewsKeaneish

Look at that shortlist...
Holloway? Are you joking?
Sherwood? Interviewed in the summer so surely a glance over the CV once more.
Appleton? Interesting but surely a non-runner in current predicament.

Then there’s Lambert...

Of all the names thrown around on this board, Lambert’s name was not one, for obvious reasons. Even if you can put aside his Col U and Norwich connections, he’s hardly set the world alight in recent tenures. This is a job for him, nothing more, nothing less. In a time when the team need the fans behind them, Evans master stroke is to bring in another manager who is massively going to divide opinion. A string of poor results and this is going to implode, fast...

When can we call for Evans to put the club up for sale?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 7:29]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The shortlist... on 07:30 - Oct 26 with 3416 viewsTractorCam

The club is up for sale isn't it?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The shortlist... on 07:37 - Oct 26 with 3382 viewsKeaneish

The shortlist... on 07:30 - Oct 26 by TractorCam

Not to my knowledge.

The shortlist... on 07:38 - Oct 26 with 3368 viewsartsbossbeard

The shortlist... on 07:30 - Oct 26 by TractorCam

Been available to potential buyers for ages. No takers.

Keanish: Looks like I was right after all, apology accepted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The shortlist... on 07:40 - Oct 26 with 3355 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. This appointment will divide fans and if we get on another bad run of form, hit could turn nasty. Quickly.

I’d have gone for Warburton.
The shortlist... on 07:40 - Oct 26 with 3354 viewsSuperfrans

Lambert was mentioned in the summer. He wasn’t mentioned as a serious contender because he was still at Stoke when we started looking, dont forget,

He came out of Stoke with his reputation slightly enhanced, as I recall. He would have been more seriously mentioned had he been available at the start of the search.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The shortlist... on 07:50 - Oct 26 with 3270 viewsartsbossbeard

The shortlist... on 07:40 - Oct 26 by jas0999

Completely agree. This appointment will divide fans and if we get on another bad run of form, hit could turn nasty. Quickly.

Getting upset about Norwich connections is a bit tinpot.

If he can get 11 lads to show some pride, look like we've been working on stuff in training and score a couple of goals in the process, that's better than what we've witnessed so far this season.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

The shortlist... on 08:07 - Oct 26 with 3213 viewsitfcjoe

There are names that fans would have almost protested about who didn't want the job.

That turned us down for it (Whether that is the actual job, or going further in the process I don't know), that we couldn't attract.

When you see some of those we've done well to get Lambert

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The shortlist... on 08:18 - Oct 26 with 3139 viewsTownly

I get it that Paul Lambert is a good shout as far as rescuing the club from the danger of relegation.

He knows his way around the leagues and has good connections.

I do not get the three years contract though.

He comes over as being his own man, with loyalty to anything other than his own interests being low on his list of priorities.

He has NEVER stayed at any club for long and always seems to find a reason to leave one role for pastures new.

Of all the clubs he has now managed I believe that the Villa job was the only one where he was actually sacked.

Paul Lambert will put Paul Lambert first and if this entails lifting us from the bottom reaches of the league then all to the good.

I do not envisage him planning to hang around long or spend much time promoting a healthier structure for the club or the youth programme.

Excellent appointment for now, but essentially short term thinking.
Login to get fewer ads

The shortlist... on 08:20 - Oct 26 with 3132 viewspickles110564

Jas you have managed to divide fans as much as anyone.
The shortlist... on 08:21 - Oct 26 with 3104 viewsartsbossbeard

The shortlist... on 08:20 - Oct 26 by pickles110564

Jas you have managed to divide fans as much as anyone.

Only if you listen to his ramblings.

The shortlist... on 08:28 - Oct 26 with 3068 viewspickles110564

The shortlist... on 08:21 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Only if you listen to his ramblings.

You were right about Hurst, take my hat off to you.
I did not want Mick to go but was prepared to give Hurst a go.
The chatroom has really been a horid place since the fallout some had with Mick and this season been very disappointed on how quick it turned.
Hopefully they will understand what a big task PL will have and will need time to try and figure out how to get the best of several players that are trying to step up (hard enough) and must have their confidence shattered.
Many will know they are only here because of Hurst so will also have that hanging over them.
I will start to go again (work allowing).
The shortlist... on 08:36 - Oct 26 with 2996 viewsGeoffSentence

The shortlist... on 08:18 - Oct 26 by Townly

I get it that Paul Lambert is a good shout as far as rescuing the club from the danger of relegation.

He knows his way around the leagues and has good connections.

I do not get the three years contract though.

He comes over as being his own man, with loyalty to anything other than his own interests being low on his list of priorities.

He has NEVER stayed at any club for long and always seems to find a reason to leave one role for pastures new.

Of all the clubs he has now managed I believe that the Villa job was the only one where he was actually sacked.

Paul Lambert will put Paul Lambert first and if this entails lifting us from the bottom reaches of the league then all to the good.

I do not envisage him planning to hang around long or spend much time promoting a healthier structure for the club or the youth programme.

Excellent appointment for now, but essentially short term thinking.

Sometimes you have to go short term......

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The shortlist... on 08:40 - Oct 26 with 2970 viewsKeaneish

The shortlist... on 08:07 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

There are names that fans would have almost protested about who didn't want the job.

That turned us down for it (Whether that is the actual job, or going further in the process I don't know), that we couldn't attract.

When you see some of those we've done well to get Lambert

But it’s Paul Lambert. You can’t manage Norwich and then manage us, it’s sacrilege. One or the other, it’s the way it’s always been. “Paul Lamberts blue and white army?” Doesn’t sit well with me...

Indifference is hardly the way forward and we’re back to a 50:50 split in the fan base again.

Despite the negativity, I will be looking forward to seeing what side he selects against Preston and how we line up given the debacle of the last month. What reception is he going to get though? It’ll be an applause from me for taking on this monumental task. Going to take a while to win me over and by the time he does that, he’ll probably be off somewhere new...

The shortlist... on 09:08 - Oct 26 with 2884 viewsSwansea_Blue

The shortlist... on 07:50 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Getting upset about Norwich connections is a bit tinpot.

If he can get 11 lads to show some pride, look like we've been working on stuff in training and score a couple of goals in the process, that's better than what we've witnessed so far this season.

It is a tinpot reaction. Although it's still a risky move by Evans as it gives fans more ammunition should it not work out (which is likely given the continuing slide under ME and his indication that we're going to carry on as normal).

Back to the OP, it's a ridiculous shortlist - I'm surprised Big Ron Atkinson isn't on it.

Clueless, totally clueless. He's being advised by someone stuck in the past and lacking imagination.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The shortlist... on 09:13 - Oct 26 with 2862 viewsreusersfreekicks

The shortlist... on 08:40 - Oct 26 by Keaneish

But it’s Paul Lambert. You can’t manage Norwich and then manage us, it’s sacrilege. One or the other, it’s the way it’s always been. “Paul Lamberts blue and white army?” Doesn’t sit well with me...

Indifference is hardly the way forward and we’re back to a 50:50 split in the fan base again.

Despite the negativity, I will be looking forward to seeing what side he selects against Preston and how we line up given the debacle of the last month. What reception is he going to get though? It’ll be an applause from me for taking on this monumental task. Going to take a while to win me over and by the time he does that, he’ll probably be off somewhere new...

Not 50-50 just you and a few other short sighted Neanderthals
The shortlist... on 09:18 - Oct 26 with 2827 viewsBackToRussia

You can play for Norwich and manage us, but not manage them and us? Seems a bit arbitrary doesn't it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The shortlist... on 09:19 - Oct 26 with 2827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of course you can manage and/or play in both.

etc.......

The shortlist... on 09:26 - Oct 26 with 2782 viewsartsbossbeard

The shortlist... on 09:19 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

Of course you can manage and/or play in both.

etc.......

Am I allowed to admit I liked their Admiral kit as worn by Ciive Woods & Joe Royle?

The shortlist... on 09:29 - Oct 26 with 2776 viewsVic

And if we fans turn against him because of his norwich connections it says more about us than it does him or Evans.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The shortlist... on 09:30 - Oct 26 with 2768 viewsSwansea_Blue

The shortlist... on 09:26 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Am I allowed to admit I liked their Admiral kit as worn by Ciive Woods & Joe Royle?

The shortlist... on 09:31 - Oct 26 with 2758 viewsflimflam

The shortlist... on 09:26 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The shortlist... on 09:39 - Oct 26 with 2715 viewsSwansea_Blue

The shortlist... on 09:31 - Oct 26 by flimflam

Nice design, vomit-inducing colours.

The shortlist... on 09:47 - Oct 26 with 2676 viewsartsbossbeard

The shortlist... on 09:30 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

It was the design I liked. I think Spurs & Crystal Palace had the same that season.

Both Palace & Spurs had yellow away kits with two large vertical stripes down to the chest area. Spurs blue, Palace black.

The shortlist... on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 2652 viewsKeaneish

The shortlist... on 09:13 - Oct 26 by reusersfreekicks

Not 50-50 just you and a few other short sighted Neanderthals

The poll suggests its 50:50 may be more against the appointment. Don't see anything short sighted about thinking there are better options out there more in line with what the majority of the fans want.

The shortlist... on 09:54 - Oct 26 with 2638 viewsKeaneish

The shortlist... on 09:08 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

It is a tinpot reaction. Although it's still a risky move by Evans as it gives fans more ammunition should it not work out (which is likely given the continuing slide under ME and his indication that we're going to carry on as normal).

Back to the OP, it's a ridiculous shortlist - I'm surprised Big Ron Atkinson isn't on it.

Clueless, totally clueless. He's being advised by someone stuck in the past and lacking imagination.

I think that's the reason its not a tinpot reaction. It's not going to take much of any Paul Lambert failure to turn PR against him or empty the ground again unfortunately.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024