Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? 22:56 - Oct 8 with 8718 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just wondering if (yes big if) we might see Bish, Huws or Adeyemi any closer to a return? Bishop i guess should be back training at least...

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 04:17 - Oct 9 with 7898 viewsharlingblue

All 3 have been injury prone disasters. They will be so far behind in fitness of our current squad, players out on loan, and our U23 team players that are champing at the bit. Get rid and free up some cash for players that really have the desire to play for the team.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 06:14 - Oct 9 with 7846 viewsCurrie10

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 04:17 - Oct 9 by harlingblue

All 3 have been injury prone disasters. They will be so far behind in fitness of our current squad, players out on loan, and our U23 team players that are champing at the bit. Get rid and free up some cash for players that really have the desire to play for the team.

Woah.

Granted, they HAVE been injury prone disasters. Agree with you regarding being behind fitness too.

However, to question their desire is harsh. I'm sure they all want to play, to contribute, to do well with their career. They cannot help being injury prone.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 07:52 - Oct 9 with 7682 viewsArnieM

I doubt we shall ever see these three players play for the senior team again . We should never have signed Huws . He has a poor injury record and that’s the reason WE got him because he was offloaded. Bishop is yet another example of a talent that never quite made it. Adeyami seems to have imploded mentally after getting an injury. Don’t think he had a problem especially before signing from the The Millers. But after this length of time , I doubt he’ll make it back to the first team.

We really should look to offload all three from the wages bill ASAP. Sadly, they’ve had their chance.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 08:14 - Oct 9 with 7623 viewsCurrie10

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 07:52 - Oct 9 by ArnieM

I doubt we shall ever see these three players play for the senior team again . We should never have signed Huws . He has a poor injury record and that’s the reason WE got him because he was offloaded. Bishop is yet another example of a talent that never quite made it. Adeyami seems to have imploded mentally after getting an injury. Don’t think he had a problem especially before signing from the The Millers. But after this length of time , I doubt he’ll make it back to the first team.

We really should look to offload all three from the wages bill ASAP. Sadly, they’ve had their chance.

We can offer them mutual termination with a %%%.

If they want to stay, they are entitled to the duration of their contract - see Winston Bogarde.

Nothing wrong with that.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 08:33 - Oct 9 with 7556 viewsm14_blue

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 07:52 - Oct 9 by ArnieM

Huws was a risk but we could never have afforded a player of his quality with a blemish free injury record.

With hindsight it hasn't worked but I can completely understand why Mick thought it was worth the gamble.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 09:26 - Oct 9 with 7439 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 04:17 - Oct 9 by harlingblue

Huws and particularly Adeyemi will be well behind in their actual fitness, but Bishop has been training regularly between the injuries and his isn't far off where he actually wants/needs to be to be involved in the first team.

I don't think Adeyemi will play for us again, sadly Huws seems to have an issue that will run into the new year too so it's doubtful whether we'll see him again too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Ted returned to training yesterday, so hopefully the two week break will be beneficial to him.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2018 9:37]
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 09:29 - Oct 9 with 7453 viewsPhilTWTD

Think Bishop should be training either this week or next. Not sure on Huws, he had trained for a few weeks but then had some swelling on his knee a week or so ago. Assuming it was nothing serious then I expect he'll be back training by now. Adeyemi has been running for a few weeks so I assume will step things up at some point soon assuming all well with the achilles.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 09:35 - Oct 9 with 7390 viewsPositivelyPortman

Not a chance sadly.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 7295 viewsbraveblue

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 08:33 - Oct 9 by m14_blue

Huws was a risk but we could never have afforded a player of his quality with a blemish free injury record.

With hindsight it hasn't worked but I can completely understand why Mick thought it was worth the gamble.

When was the last time we bought an injury prone player as a bargain and he played long term. Crazy signing.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:21 - Oct 9 with 7231 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 08:14 - Oct 9 by Currie10

We can offer them mutual termination with a %%%.

If they want to stay, they are entitled to the duration of their contract - see Winston Bogarde.

Nothing wrong with that.

No injured player is going to agree to terminate their contract.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:27 - Oct 9 with 7206 viewschicoazul

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 09:29 - Oct 9 by PhilTWTD

Think Bishop should be training either this week or next. Not sure on Huws, he had trained for a few weeks but then had some swelling on his knee a week or so ago. Assuming it was nothing serious then I expect he'll be back training by now. Adeyemi has been running for a few weeks so I assume will step things up at some point soon assuming all well with the achilles.

Hurst always makes it sound like Huws' problem is between his ears rather than his knee. He always alludes to how Huws says he is "feeling" rather than medical evidence.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:55 - Oct 9 with 7121 viewsRegencyBlue

None of them are going to get a meaningful contract elsewhere after their records here so they will run their deals here to the end! Can’t blame them as I would do the same in their position.

Unfortunately it’s what happens when when you shop in the bargain basement. Huws is quality when fit but we wouldn’t have stood a chance of signing him if he didn’t have all of these injury problems.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 11:05 - Oct 9 with 7084 viewsHerbivore

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:04 - Oct 9 by braveblue

When was the last time we bought an injury prone player as a bargain and he played long term. Crazy signing.

And yet after his loan spell here literally every Town fan was desperate to sign him permanently. He cost a quarter of a million, it was worth the punt and it could still pay off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 11:48 - Oct 9 with 6955 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 11:05 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

And yet after his loan spell here literally every Town fan was desperate to sign him permanently. He cost a quarter of a million, it was worth the punt and it could still pay off.

Completely agree.

Are these people who are suddenly vocal about how we shouldn't have signed Huws, the same people who think we should have done everything we could to keep hold of McGoldrick?

Very same situations, as when fit will add something to the side that we don't currently have and well worth a punt on Huws given our lack of composure in midfield.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 12:24 - Oct 9 with 6860 viewsGarv

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 11:48 - Oct 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Completely agree.

Are these people who are suddenly vocal about how we shouldn't have signed Huws, the same people who think we should have done everything we could to keep hold of McGoldrick?

Very same situations, as when fit will add something to the side that we don't currently have and well worth a punt on Huws given our lack of composure in midfield.

See Bullard, Williams etc.

Player plays well, fans demand contract, player gets injured (Bullard wasn't quite that straight forward admittedly), fans state wages would have been better spent elsewhere.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 6826 viewsMaySixth

The U23s are playing at QPR this Friday afternoon so that might give us a clue

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 13:23 - Oct 9 with 6665 viewsKeaneish

Let's assume they're all fit come January, what then? We need 6, maybe 7 to play or provide cover. Who is surplus?

Skuse / Chalobah / Downes
Dozzell / Bishop / Edun
Nolan / Huws / Nydam

With these natural replacements you'd have to say there's no place for Adeyemi even if fit and criticism free. I think the only way Adeyemi gets in come January is if Bishop or Huws are released and I can't see that happening. Lack of games for Nydam looks ominous and Edun's lack of involvement recently would suggest he's cover at best.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 15:17 - Oct 9 with 6485 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 13:23 - Oct 9 by Keaneish

Let's assume they're all fit come January, what then? We need 6, maybe 7 to play or provide cover. Who is surplus?

Skuse / Chalobah / Downes
Dozzell / Bishop / Edun
Nolan / Huws / Nydam

With these natural replacements you'd have to say there's no place for Adeyemi even if fit and criticism free. I think the only way Adeyemi gets in come January is if Bishop or Huws are released and I can't see that happening. Lack of games for Nydam looks ominous and Edun's lack of involvement recently would suggest he's cover at best.

Provided Huws and Bishop get a number of games into them, you'd imagine our CM options next season would be

Skuse, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan, Huws and Nydam
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 15:19 - Oct 9 with 6474 viewsCurrie10

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:21 - Oct 9 by PhilTWTD

No injured player is going to agree to terminate their contract.

No I agree with you - or it's highly unlikely they will.

It is, however, an option open to us.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 15:28 - Oct 9 with 6457 viewshampstead_blue

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 10:27 - Oct 9 by chicoazul

Hurst always makes it sound like Huws' problem is between his ears rather than his knee. He always alludes to how Huws says he is "feeling" rather than medical evidence.

He did the same with Adeyemi. 'Others are training with the same injury'

Am a bit tired of these crocks. Stealing a living.
Having said that, MM offered them the deal.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 22:14 - Oct 9 with 6089 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 15:28 - Oct 9 by hampstead_blue

They are not stealing a living. They got injured representing our team. That is football. Its childish to make them into some sort of villains. They got to where they are because they love the game and had the desire and competitiveness to get to this level. They almost certainly will be desperate to play and get fit. I never get this desire to damn and shame your own players for having the audacity to get injured playing a physical sport.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 22:17 - Oct 9 with 6073 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Hmmh, certain posters were happy to see the back of injury prone David McGoldrick but he's proving he's still a quality act who we haven't replaced.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 22:30 - Oct 9 with 6033 viewsMelford

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 22:14 - Oct 9 by Terry_Nutkins

They are not stealing a living. They got injured representing our team. That is football. Its childish to make them into some sort of villains. They got to where they are because they love the game and had the desire and competitiveness to get to this level. They almost certainly will be desperate to play and get fit. I never get this desire to damn and shame your own players for having the audacity to get injured playing a physical sport.

Those Injuries must affect them mentally too, especially after being out for so long. It must do their heads in just riding exercise bikes for an hour in the gym for months when all the lads are heading out for training. Their livelihood depends on their feet and legs and it's a thin line, one bad tackle and what you have been since 6 or 7 and the only thing you've ever known how to do can just be gone just like that.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 07:43 - Oct 10 with 5857 viewsSwn98

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 12:24 - Oct 9 by Garv

See Bullard, Williams etc.

Player plays well, fans demand contract, player gets injured (Bullard wasn't quite that straight forward admittedly), fans state wages would have been better spent elsewhere.

Reasonable summing up of the average football fans rationale.
Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 07:59 - Oct 10 with 5830 viewsBellevueblue

Phil any expectation of returns for trio after international break? on 15:28 - Oct 9 by hampstead_blue

I'm not sure of the timings but wasn't Walters the player training with the same injury?

We know how that turned out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024