Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of Man Utd. 18:37 - Aug 19 with 3047 viewsMrTown

So many talented individuals, such a poor team today. That back 4 is one of a 10/11/12th placed team.

Mourinho out?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The state of Man Utd. on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 3007 viewschristiand

And that’s Mourinho’s problem, collectively they just aren’t a team. He might have bought some impressive individuals, but they play for themselves.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The state of Man Utd. on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 3008 viewsnshearman1

With Mourinho, it's always the players' fault and their 'mistakes', never the manager's. Once again, this charmless bully has created an atmosphere where creative players can't be creative. Way past his best.
The state of Man Utd. on 21:03 - Aug 19 with 2885 viewsSwansea_Blue

The state of Man Utd. on 18:50 - Aug 19 by nshearman1

With Mourinho, it's always the players' fault and their 'mistakes', never the manager's. Once again, this charmless bully has created an atmosphere where creative players can't be creative. Way past his best.

He’s reminding me more of Keane every year. No exaggeration, but I’d be disappointed we’d appointed him as our new manager.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 21:06 - Aug 19 with 2885 views_

The state of Man Utd. on 21:03 - Aug 19 by Swansea_Blue

He’s reminding me more of Keane every year. No exaggeration, but I’d be disappointed we’d appointed him as our new manager.

The state of Man Utd. on 21:11 - Aug 19 with 2880 viewsFtnfwest

He used to be known for taking all the flak himself and deflecting criticism from his players
The state of Man Utd. on 21:14 - Aug 19 with 2876 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Who cares? They are known as the Red Devils for a reason, Satan's Own team, a brand rather than a Football Club. Most of their fans haven't even been to Manchester or could locate it on a map yet think they have a right to win something every year because they are Manchester United.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

The state of Man Utd. on 21:14 - Aug 19 with 2875 viewsBackToRussia

on 21:06 - Aug 19 by _

Was. Everyone has their day.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The state of Man Utd. on 21:29 - Aug 19 with 2831 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Said to a lot of folks this summer that I think he'll be gone before the end of the season. Possibly even by Christmas.

Man Utd have joined the short-termist glory club. When Fergie retired and Moyes came in, everyone went on about how United were different from the likes of Chelsea and they were prepared to give a boss time to work on a long-term project. The dismissal of Moyes proved that in the modern day, they're no different from the rest of them.

Mourinho is a classic short-termist manager. You don't bring him in to build a project over a decade. You bring him in for three years to win a few trophies with whatever dreadful football can be served up. He is the 'save us from a trophyless season' equivalent of a relegation firefighter.

The pundits said it on Sky too. It's as if Mourinho's approach just grinds down his players to the point that within three years, anyone with any talent is stifled and sick to death of him, albeit with a few obvious exceptions.

He has never, ever been a fit for United's ethos and history. He was only ever a fit for their short term silverware ambitions. And with a team like Guardiola's Man City to compete against these days, even Mourinho's tactics aren't going to deliver a league title anymore.
Login to get fewer ads

The state of Man Utd. on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 2814 viewsgroovyASH

He's a bloody good coach at coaching the confidence and creativity out of talented players. He's a bullying negative individual who has always relied on buying success.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

The state of Man Utd. on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 2794 viewspointofblue

Certain sections of the fanbase has a meltdown over Hurst questioning the squad's attitude on Tuesday - can you imagine the reaction to Mourinho???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 22:07 - Aug 19 with 2728 views_

The state of Man Utd. on 21:33 - Aug 19 by groovyASH

He's a bloody good coach at coaching the confidence and creativity out of talented players. He's a bullying negative individual who has always relied on buying success.

The state of Man Utd. on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 2707 viewschristiand

on 22:07 - Aug 19 by _

A lot easier when you get the top jobs with clubs who have copious amounts of money to spend. Apart from Porto, which is probably unfair as they are most likely recognised as the biggest club in Portugal, the rest of the sides he has managed are top notch without the need to promote youth. Clubs that want success yesterday, which on the whole he has achieved, but he has a shelf life of about 3 seasons, but he does like to spend a pound-note along the way!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 22:17]

on 22:18 - Aug 19 with 2697 views_

The state of Man Utd. on 22:15 - Aug 19 by christiand

A lot easier when you get the top jobs with clubs who have copious amounts of money to spend. Apart from Porto, which is probably unfair as they are most likely recognised as the biggest club in Portugal, the rest of the sides he has managed are top notch without the need to promote youth. Clubs that want success yesterday, which on the whole he has achieved, but he has a shelf life of about 3 seasons, but he does like to spend a pound-note along the way!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 22:17]

The state of Man Utd. on 22:32 - Aug 19 with 2672 viewschristiand

on 22:18 - Aug 19 by _

He’s been found out and other coaches have superseded him, while in his arrogance he thought he could plod along thinking he still was ‘The Special One’ and could return United to its former glories others have moved in, while he has remained static. They’ll be further behind City, Liverpool, Spurs and judging from elements from yesterday’s game Chelsea in the title run this season. As a team they looked disfunstional and lacked unity today and Mourinho is the one that has created that.

The state of Man Utd. on 22:54 - Aug 19 with 2633 viewsMelford

The state of Man Utd. on 21:14 - Aug 19 by BackToRussia

Was. Everyone has their day.

He's a busted flush, everyone has their streak apart from Sir Taggart and he's had it. Wenger had it, Clough had it, you are the genius for a while or you change or football changes and and you don't. Whatever happened at Real Madrid is what did him, he's never been the same man or manager since.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The state of Man Utd. on 00:28 - Aug 20 with 2545 viewsGluedtoBlue

Are United good enough to challenge City? Unlikely.

Will they finish in the top 4? Probably.

Will they win any silverware this year? Quite possibly.

Are they better than when Mourinho came in? Definitely.

Would fans care about the style of play and his 'attitude' if he won the league or Champs League. Absolutely not.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 0:29]

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

The state of Man Utd. on 08:59 - Aug 20 with 2386 viewssundaze

The state of Man Utd. on 00:28 - Aug 20 by GluedtoBlue

Are United good enough to challenge City? Unlikely.

Will they finish in the top 4? Probably.

Will they win any silverware this year? Quite possibly.

Are they better than when Mourinho came in? Definitely.

Would fans care about the style of play and his 'attitude' if he won the league or Champs League. Absolutely not.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 0:29]

Not many definite answers in there. Interestingly you say definite to being better since Mourinho came in. I would say that is debateable, no silver wear last season and I have lost count of the multi millions he has spent.
Little wonder that the money men at Utd are unwilling to let him loose on another spending spree.

Yes, all the top clubs spend more and more, but at City and Liverpool, there is a team ethic, they identify where they can improve the team. Last January, Mourinho was determined to stop City getting Sanchez, City refused to pay over the top for him, but United splashed the cash and ended up with another player that doesn't fit in to his team of mercenaries.
The state of Man Utd. on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 2377 viewshype313

The fans thought the "Banter era" was over after Moyes, little did they know it only started when Mourinho got the gig.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 2355 views_

The state of Man Utd. on 08:59 - Aug 20 by sundaze

Not many definite answers in there. Interestingly you say definite to being better since Mourinho came in. I would say that is debateable, no silver wear last season and I have lost count of the multi millions he has spent.
Little wonder that the money men at Utd are unwilling to let him loose on another spending spree.

Yes, all the top clubs spend more and more, but at City and Liverpool, there is a team ethic, they identify where they can improve the team. Last January, Mourinho was determined to stop City getting Sanchez, City refused to pay over the top for him, but United splashed the cash and ended up with another player that doesn't fit in to his team of mercenaries.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:34 - Aug 20 with 2277 viewsGluedtoBlue

The state of Man Utd. on 12:41 - Aug 20 with 2260 viewsRyorry

That "you can't buy class" comment from him is possibly the biggest own goal I've ever heard!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The state of Man Utd. on 12:50 - Aug 20 with 2244 viewssundaze

on 09:15 - Aug 20 by _

I haven't seen that news about Sanchez before. Even if it is true, Mourinho doesn't have to play him as a regular, especially when he isn't living up to his billing.

It would be staggering if Mourinho, who has been one of the greatest coaches of his era, would be willing to stand back and keep quiet, while the board purchase players behind his back.
I see Sanchez as a typical Mourinho signing, experienced, played for big clubs previously and a big name player. The problem is he demanded the biggest wage and it doesn't seem to have impressed Utd's other big stars.
on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 2228 views_

The state of Man Utd. on 12:50 - Aug 20 by sundaze

I haven't seen that news about Sanchez before. Even if it is true, Mourinho doesn't have to play him as a regular, especially when he isn't living up to his billing.

It would be staggering if Mourinho, who has been one of the greatest coaches of his era, would be willing to stand back and keep quiet, while the board purchase players behind his back.
I see Sanchez as a typical Mourinho signing, experienced, played for big clubs previously and a big name player. The problem is he demanded the biggest wage and it doesn't seem to have impressed Utd's other big stars.

The state of Man Utd. on 16:11 - Aug 20 with 2128 viewsGluedtoBlue

My post wasn't intended to give definitive answers but more a steer on my opinion.

I'd disagree on the 'Are United better now?' Whilst style of play is debatable, champions league football and a second place finish don't lie. That's an improvement on where they were at when he arrived.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024