Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oursquad is too big 12:25 - Aug 8 with 3127 viewsgibbsm1

We have 32 players who are arguably senior players in contention

GK: Bart, Gerken
FB: Donacien, Emmanuel, Cotter, Knudsen, Kenlock
CB: Chambers, Spence, Woolfenden,Nsiala, (Tilt?)
WM: Edwards, Robers, Ward, Edun, Rowe
CM: Skuse, Bishop, Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell, Nolan, Downes, Nydam, Chalobah, Folami
Att: Sears, Jackson, Harrison, Garner, Morris

We could afford to lose 5 of these!
Oursquad is too big on 12:26 - Aug 8 with 3094 viewshomer_123

I think you'll find that

Garner and Adeyemi will be leaving, if not now, then Jan time. And I think the likes of Cotter and Nydam will go out on loan as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Oursquad is too big on 12:27 - Aug 8 with 3080 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't lose any sleep if any of these departed:

Adeyemi
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Spence
Sears
Rowe

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Oursquad is too big on 12:27 - Aug 8 with 3066 viewspointofblue

I can see Emmanuel, Cotter and possibly Kenlock going out on loan; Rowe may be loaned or sold whilst I wouldn't be shocked if we looked to release Adeyemi.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oursquad is too big on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 3054 viewsTheDailyTractor

Cotter Rowe folami and Morris will most probably be in the u23s for a large part of the season.

Huws adeyemi and bishop are hopefully going to get fit but look at their injury record.

One of Emmanuel or kenlock will probably go out on loan
Oursquad is too big on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 3049 viewsgibbsm1

Oursquad is too big on 12:27 - Aug 8 by clive_baker

Wouldn't lose any sleep if any of these departed:

Adeyemi
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Spence
Sears
Rowe

Sears is worth keeping to see if he gets game time in his best position.

Emmanuel and Kenlock shouldn't be given up on either - both developing.
Oursquad is too big on 12:29 - Aug 8 with 3034 viewsTIB

It's called having a competitive squad...not to mention the likes of Cotter, Adeyemi, Rowe, Folami and Garner will probably be sold or loaned out.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Oursquad is too big on 12:35 - Aug 8 with 2916 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Each of the past few seasons we've looked half decent, then suffered an injury to a key player and reverted to being boring (and inevitably dreadful)

Injuries to McG, Murphy, Fraser, Webster, Bishop, Huws, Dozzell etc have all seemed to derail a potentially fruitful season, because we relied so heavily on them for attacking impetus and looked lost without them.. Now we might actually be able to cope with an injury or two here or there as we have genuine quality from 1 - 22 as opposed to limited to just 12 to 14 players in the squad.

That can only be a good thing.. and it's something every club is striving for
Oursquad is too big on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 2612 viewsNo9

Well, Teddy B, Tom Adeyemi, Huw's, all to rpove their fitness
Dozzell still to show he can come back
Skuse gets his pension
the others still to be proven
How this develops will be interesting
Login to get fewer ads

Oursquad is too big on 13:53 - Aug 8 with 2598 viewsKieran_Knows

Cotter and Folami don't really form part of the first team squad at the minute, and whilst Morris was on the bench on Saturday, i'll be surprised if that is a regular thing over the season. I imagine Garner will be off before tomorrow's deadline, and quite possibly Emmanuel as well, so that's 5 names you could knock off the list.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Oursquad is too big on 13:57 - Aug 8 with 2560 viewswkj

Yet there are still those who feel if Windass doesn't sign, Evans is a rotter I would honestly say Paul is about as ready now as he'll ever be.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Oursquad is too big on 13:59 - Aug 8 with 2543 viewscatch74

Oursquad is too big on 13:53 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

Cotter and Folami don't really form part of the first team squad at the minute, and whilst Morris was on the bench on Saturday, i'll be surprised if that is a regular thing over the season. I imagine Garner will be off before tomorrow's deadline, and quite possibly Emmanuel as well, so that's 5 names you could knock off the list.

See also the Blackburn bloke’s comments on the Paul Hurst thread - Shrewsbury fell away at the end of the season due to a small squad.
Hurst is taking more risks than MM, needs options if things go wrong too!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Oursquad is too big on 14:00 - Aug 8 with 2526 viewsCurrie10

I think Adeyemi is done and 4 / 5 can go on loan.

I wonder if we'll be selling a couple yet.

Tilt I don't see happening.
Oursquad is too big on 14:12 - Aug 8 with 2449 viewsWBBlue18

Not sure it's too big, but getting competitive. There are say 12 players - a whole team - there that have yet to play more than a few games at championship (or even professional) level that can't be classed as seasoned "senior" professionals ready to play 46 games straight:
Cotter, Woolfenden, Emmanuel, Rowe, Edun, Chalobah, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Folami, Morris. All of these qualify for the U23s.

The balance are older professionals that have that experience and are 'ready made'. That's about 16 players. The match day squad inc subs is 18. If we have injuries like last season - say 10 (and even if this is too high I suspect it will always be 5 or 6) - that leaves about 20 to choose the 18 from.

Take away a couple going out on loan, the the number is probably about right.
Oursquad is too big on 14:13 - Aug 8 with 2437 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

It is big and thin on quality which is just as worrying. All well and good saying get rid of Waghorn and McGoldrick as they are on big wages, that maybe the case, but they were quality (although DM's injury record was bad). Let's see, at least Hurst seems prepared to be more positive than MM.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Oursquad is too big on 14:59 - Aug 8 with 2336 viewsFenboyBlue

Then it's great timing with the League Cup coming up for whoever the 2nd 11 are in PH's current thinking (I dunno) to fight their way into the 1st 11. No need to send out anybody on loan yet, unless we go crashing out at Exeter of course.
Oursquad is too big on 15:10 - Aug 8 with 2282 viewsLeagueOne

I'd say given how badly we were hit by injury last season, having options is a good thing.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Oursquad is too big on 15:12 - Aug 8 with 2274 viewsPositivelyPortman

Oursquad is too big on 14:13 - Aug 8 by Jonnosdreadlocks

It is big and thin on quality which is just as worrying. All well and good saying get rid of Waghorn and McGoldrick as they are on big wages, that maybe the case, but they were quality (although DM's injury record was bad). Let's see, at least Hurst seems prepared to be more positive than MM.

How do you know that we’re ‘thin on quality‘?
Have you managed in the League?
On your second point, McGoldrick had to be released - he was knackered and couldn’t run.
Waghorn’s head was turned and he was as keen on the move as PH was for some funds.
So they weren’t ‘got rid of’.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024