Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really need England to win the group 11:32 - Jun 7 with 3609 viewsCotty

Stupidly agreed to a conference in Taipei that flies out on 3rd July, and which would coincide with the first knockout round for the runners up in our group. That might actually make the group games a little more interesting for me!

What are my chances? Personally I think I'm f***ed. I need Belgium to implode.
I really need England to win the group on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 3590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Belgium are over rated.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I really need England to win the group on 11:37 - Jun 7 with 3591 viewsJ2BLUE

Coin toss IMO. I think we'll draw with Belgium. Will come down to who puts more past the other two if we're the two that qualify.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I really need England to win the group on 11:40 - Jun 7 with 3583 viewsPinewoodblue

I really need England to win the group on 11:37 - Jun 7 by J2BLUE

Coin toss IMO. I think we'll draw with Belgium. Will come down to who puts more past the other two if we're the two that qualify.

With Belgium being our last group gsme it is possible both teams will already have qualified for the lock out stage.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I really need England to win the group on 11:41 - Jun 7 with 3576 viewsJ2BLUE

I really need England to win the group on 11:40 - Jun 7 by Pinewoodblue

With Belgium being our last group gsme it is possible both teams will already have qualified for the lock out stage.

Yea but we're talking about winning the group.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I really need England to win the group on 11:42 - Jun 7 with 3572 viewsCotty

I really need England to win the group on 11:40 - Jun 7 by Pinewoodblue

That would be nice, and it would also not be a dead rubber for me!
I really need England to win the group on 12:06 - Jun 7 with 3527 viewsBecclesITFC

I really need England to win the group on 11:36 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Belgium are over rated.

They are not a team, just individuals. All getting on a bit too. Similar to us (England) in our recent golden era.
I really need England to win the group on 12:46 - Jun 7 with 3499 viewsTractorWood

Quality. I really want to go to Taiwan. Go to the hot springs, Taroko Gorge and cycle the East coast.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I really need England to win the group on 12:48 - Jun 7 with 3494 viewsitfcjoe

If we win the group I land back at Luton about 90 minutes before kick off so haven't planned that very well!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I really need England to win the group on 14:15 - Jun 7 with 3401 viewsVaughan8

I really need England to win the group on 11:37 - Jun 7 by J2BLUE

Assuming both teams win their first 2 games (I know, big assumption), surely the team with less goals/goal diff (whatever its based on) will have to go for the win? Nothing to lose as if they draw its still the same situation.

Therefore could leave spaces open for a winner the other way near the end. Until we have the other results, its hard to predict anything.
I really need England to win the group on 14:16 - Jun 7 with 3397 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm on a flight during the final. Can't say I am particularly concerned at this point...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I really need England to win the group on 14:19 - Jun 7 with 3392 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm with Cotty.

Wedding Anniversary is the same day as the Belgium game, and if we finish second in Group G, the next round will be on the Mrs' birthday.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I really need England to win the group on 14:20 - Jun 7 with 3389 viewsCrock

I really need England to win the group on 14:15 - Jun 7 by Vaughan8

Assuming both teams win their first 2 games (I know, big assumption), surely the team with less goals/goal diff (whatever its based on) will have to go for the win? Nothing to lose as if they draw its still the same situation.

Therefore could leave spaces open for a winner the other way near the end. Until we have the other results, its hard to predict anything.

That surely depends on who have came 1st and 2nd in group H? The team with the worse goal difference might be happier to play whoever wins group H.

Poll: Favourite number?

I really need England to win the group on 15:13 - Jun 7 with 3334 viewsCurrie10

Underestimate Tunisia at everyone’s peril. I saw them v Portugal and not many sides come back from 2.0 down to them in brags. They attacked in numbers at times too and caused Portugal no end of chaos. Portugal minus ronaldo then pulled Belgium’s pants down next time. Belgium have serious issues at the back and Martinez never learns. They beat Egypt 3.0 but watch the highlights, Egypt could have easily had 4. They qualified and Ghana, Ivory Coast didn’t. Panama are sitting ducks, but Tunisia I think will surprise. They can play
I really need England to win the group on 18:00 - Jun 7 with 3247 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I really need England to win the group on 15:13 - Jun 7 by Currie10

Underestimate Tunisia at everyone’s peril. I saw them v Portugal and not many sides come back from 2.0 down to them in brags. They attacked in numbers at times too and caused Portugal no end of chaos. Portugal minus ronaldo then pulled Belgium’s pants down next time. Belgium have serious issues at the back and Martinez never learns. They beat Egypt 3.0 but watch the highlights, Egypt could have easily had 4. They qualified and Ghana, Ivory Coast didn’t. Panama are sitting ducks, but Tunisia I think will surprise. They can play

Agreed. I don't think Belgium will go through.

Poll: Best Football Song

I really need England to win the group on 18:08 - Jun 7 with 3238 viewsVaughan8

I really need England to win the group on 14:20 - Jun 7 by Crock

That surely depends on who have came 1st and 2nd in group H? The team with the worse goal difference might be happier to play whoever wins group H.

That's another situation as well.

Too soon to even think what the result of the 3rd group game will be

Tunisia are no mugs as well. I'm guessing everyone should beat Panama.
I really need England to win the group on 18:31 - Jun 7 with 3215 viewsCrock

I really need England to win the group on 15:13 - Jun 7 by Currie10

Ghana also ended up 2 points behind the mighty Uganda.

Poll: Favourite number?

I really need England to win the group on 19:34 - Jun 7 with 3182 viewsCurrie10

I really need England to win the group on 18:31 - Jun 7 by Crock

Ghana also ended up 2 points behind the mighty Uganda.

They may have done but to most off the street thick football fans they seem to think because a few names representing Ghana + Ivory Coast = cream of Africa. Neither have qualified, not necessarily the case!

Belgium SHOULD top the group on paper - issue being their ' manager ' and his insistence to play 3 CBs. Could be comedy gold with Belgium, though clearly they can click on any given day.

Be an interesting group! Fully expect Panama to have 0 points, but curious as to how Tunisia end up doing.
I really need England to win the group on 08:27 - Jun 29 with 2972 viewsCotty

I really need England to win the group on 08:52 - Jun 29 with 2935 viewsITFC_Forever

I really need England to win the group on 08:27 - Jun 29 by Cotty

Feel your pain.

Second round is on my wife's birthday and if we get through, the Quarter Final is on the Saturday which is when I will be working at the Hot Rod World Final at Foxhall.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024