Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBQ Season 17:12 - May 5 with 10516 viewsfooters

Is upon us. Will get the coals roaring tomorrow early afternoon.

Any TWTD favourites? Got the usual in, plus some lovely whole sardines, potato salad spiked with anchovies, plus the odd bacon-wrapped banana for the intrepid and/or stoned.

Anything to add to tomorrow's shopping list, TWTD? Sure I can count on you for culinary advice!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBQ Season on 17:14 - May 5 with 5795 viewsChiefXL

After years of going the pulled pork route this year I'm going to experiment with brisket.
BBQ Season on 17:16 - May 5 with 5786 viewsJ2BLUE

BBQ Monday for me.

It's a gas BBQ which is something I consider to be plain wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBQ Season on 17:20 - May 5 with 5778 viewswkj

Plenty of fish fingers apparently

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BBQ Season on 17:21 - May 5 with 5769 viewswkj

I just got a new grill and wanted to break it in, so I cooked a curry with a mate by using pans over the coals, actually came out a lot better than i expected
[Post edited 5 May 2018 17:21]

BBQ Season on 17:22 - May 5 with 5760 viewsfooters

BBQ Season on 17:14 - May 5 by ChiefXL

After years of going the pulled pork route this year I'm going to experiment with brisket.

Only done brisket in the oven before. You got a smoker? Or just marinade and grill? Pulled pork is fantastic though.

BBQ Season on 17:23 - May 5 with 5748 viewswkj

I am doing a pork shoulder tomorrow with the new smoker box, I have plenty of bevies in to see the hours away

BBQ Season on 17:23 - May 5 with 5747 viewsChiefXL

BBQ Season on 17:22 - May 5 by footers

Only done brisket in the oven before. You got a smoker? Or just marinade and grill? Pulled pork is fantastic though.

Just marinade and slow cook on the grill I reckon
BBQ Season on 17:27 - May 5 with 5733 viewsfactual_blue

Pervert

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

BBQ Season on 17:28 - May 5 with 5731 viewsFtnfwest

Just lit up for tea times fayre. Venison burgers, pork and chilli sausages and chicken legs marinated in Chinese five spice
BBQ Season on 17:29 - May 5 with 5722 viewsFtnfwest

Do pot roast brisket through the winter
BBQ Season on 17:29 - May 5 with 5723 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 17:28 - May 5 by Ftnfwest

Just lit up for tea times fayre. Venison burgers, pork and chilli sausages and chicken legs marinated in Chinese five spice

Have you done venison on the BBQ before? Have to be really shlt hot about not drying the meat out as it is so lean.

BBQ Season on 17:35 - May 5 with 5704 viewsFtnfwest

BBQ Season on 17:29 - May 5 by wkj

Have you done venison on the BBQ before? Have to be really shlt hot about not drying the meat out as it is so lean.

They’re decent size burgers but will be watchful. We’re very lucky, got two exceptional butchers within a couple of miles each way.
BBQ Season on 17:47 - May 5 with 5682 viewsfooters

Edit: double post duh
[Post edited 5 May 2018 17:49]

BBQ Season on 17:47 - May 5 with 5684 viewsfooters

Sounds good! Got some five spice pork chops and jerk chicken thighs ready to rock. Venison is great for burgers and sausages provided you err on the side of caution. Still not picked up sausages yet so reckon I'll go for some venison now.

BBQ Season on 17:47 - May 5 with 5685 viewsfactual_blue

BBQ Season on 17:29 - May 5 by Ftnfwest

Do pot roast brisket through the winter

Aitchbone is a better joint for a pot roast. You need a proper old skool butcher though.

BBQ Season on 17:53 - May 5 with 5671 viewsFtnfwest

BBQ Season on 17:47 - May 5 by factual_blue

Aitchbone is a better joint for a pot roast. You need a proper old skool butcher though.

We’re Lucky with the ones we’ve got but used to get everything from a local farm which used to do that and beef skirt etc. Sadly the guy retired
BBQ Season on 17:54 - May 5 with 5668 viewssparks

May i recommend the BBQ pit boys:

Its a little ott perhaps, but some of it looks delicious...
[Post edited 5 May 2018 17:59]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

BBQ Season on 17:55 - May 5 with 5667 viewswkj

I get most of my meat from Stradbroke butchers, They get some cracking fore-rib in. I actually spend the same money getting my meat from a good butchers as I do the supermarkets, the quality of the stuff and lack of filler/water makes me much more content eating less than I would if getting from Sainsburys

BBQ Season on 18:00 - May 5 with 5658 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 17:23 - May 5 by wkj

I am doing a pork shoulder tomorrow with the new smoker box, I have plenty of bevies in to see the hours away

What smoker do you have?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BBQ Season on 18:02 - May 5 with 5654 viewsfooters

BBQ Season on 17:55 - May 5 by wkj

I get most of my meat from Stradbroke butchers, They get some cracking fore-rib in. I actually spend the same money getting my meat from a good butchers as I do the supermarkets, the quality of the stuff and lack of filler/water makes me much more content eating less than I would if getting from Sainsburys

Finding a decent butcher is a godsend. Only been going to my latest one two months but he has everything you could ever want (probably) and won't BS about any of his products, will sort you whatever cut you need. Just hearing someone talk so passionately about sheep brains is amazing!

BBQ Season on 18:02 - May 5 with 5654 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:00 - May 5 by Lord_Lucan

What smoker do you have?

I got an Aldi one online on the strict recommendation of a friend, I tested it out this afternoon and it holds it's temp really well.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-smoker-bbq/p/082621196716700

BBQ Season on 18:07 - May 5 with 5642 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:02 - May 5 by footers

Finding a decent butcher is a godsend. Only been going to my latest one two months but he has everything you could ever want (probably) and won't BS about any of his products, will sort you whatever cut you need. Just hearing someone talk so passionately about sheep brains is amazing!

Usually is the case the rural butchers are quite often pretty good, if you arent, you'll go under much quicker due to losing the locals. Eye has a lovely butchers to that use up older unsold meat and little fillet like offcuts to make the most gorgeous shortcrust meat pies I have ever had

BBQ Season on 18:08 - May 5 with 5637 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 18:02 - May 5 by wkj

I got an Aldi one online on the strict recommendation of a friend, I tested it out this afternoon and it holds it's temp really well.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-smoker-bbq/p/082621196716700

Oh you got one of those long jobs, cheap though isn’t it. Let me know how you get on as I’m genuinely interested. I looked at getting one but the one I wanted was about £500 from memory, I forget the make now. Trouble is I know I would hardly use it but your one is cheap enough not to worry. Don’t suppose it doubles up as a bbq does it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 with 5616 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 18:07 - May 5 by wkj

Usually is the case the rural butchers are quite often pretty good, if you arent, you'll go under much quicker due to losing the locals. Eye has a lovely butchers to that use up older unsold meat and little fillet like offcuts to make the most gorgeous shortcrust meat pies I have ever had

Pretty sure a mate of mines dad owned a butchers in Eye. I reckon he is long since retired though - or dead.

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 with 5617 viewsfactual_blue

BBQ Season on 18:07 - May 5 by wkj

The butchers in Ixworth, Great Barton, Walsham-le-Willows, Lavenham and Humphries in BSE are uniformly excellent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024