Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBQ Season 17:12 - May 5 with 10539 viewsfooters

Is upon us. Will get the coals roaring tomorrow early afternoon.

Any TWTD favourites? Got the usual in, plus some lovely whole sardines, potato salad spiked with anchovies, plus the odd bacon-wrapped banana for the intrepid and/or stoned.

Anything to add to tomorrow's shopping list, TWTD? Sure I can count on you for culinary advice!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 with 3491 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:08 - May 5 by Lord_Lucan

Oh you got one of those long jobs, cheap though isn’t it. Let me know how you get on as I’m genuinely interested. I looked at getting one but the one I wanted was about £500 from memory, I forget the make now. Trouble is I know I would hardly use it but your one is cheap enough not to worry. Don’t suppose it doubles up as a bbq does it?

yeah, the big barrel is the place you put coals for BBQ grilling, and the small barrel is where you put the coals and woodchips if you're smoking. Seems as you're a bit of a Mr Fix-it you might also be interested in this -

https://www.fix.com/blog/building-an-ugly-drum-smoker/

Definitely would be bit of a project, but I have used ugly drums before and they're great fun

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BBQ Season on 18:16 - May 5 with 3487 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 by factual_blue

The butchers in Ixworth, Great Barton, Walsham-le-Willows, Lavenham and Humphries in BSE are uniformly excellent.

I heard that BSE is the way to go for unique beef

BBQ Season on 18:21 - May 5 with 3478 viewssparks

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 by wkj

yeah, the big barrel is the place you put coals for BBQ grilling, and the small barrel is where you put the coals and woodchips if you're smoking. Seems as you're a bit of a Mr Fix-it you might also be interested in this -

Definitely would be bit of a project, but I have used ugly drums before and they're great fun

I have a Brinkman. not entirely got to grips with it yet. Its a hassle to keep the temperature just right over long periods. I think that a thermometer that goes in the meat, with metal wires so the readout sits outside and you can leave the sensor in during cooking, is really important.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

BBQ Season on 18:23 - May 5 with 3474 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 18:14 - May 5 by wkj

No. I’m certainly not a fix - it. Are they out and on show in Aldi’s?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BBQ Season on 18:23 - May 5 with 3474 viewsfactual_blue

BBQ Season on 18:16 - May 5 by wkj

I heard that BSE is the way to go for unique beef

You'd be mad not to.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BBQ Season on 18:25 - May 5 with 3475 viewsPendejo

Just returned from the local park where we had our first BBQ of the year.

Try yellow / black plantain, cook in it's skin, when cooked slice open and add jam & cheese, wrap in kitchen foil and cook 'til cheese melts.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

BBQ Season on 18:56 - May 5 with 3445 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:23 - May 5 by Lord_Lucan

No. I’m certainly not a fix - it. Are they out and on show in Aldi’s?

I got mine online so I dont know, i think it might be online only. You could fit a couple of dozen burgers in the main grilling chamber with room left over I reckon. The only thing I don't like is the opening in the barrels are very awkward if you're using one of those charcoal lighting cylinders. I will take a picture of it by my garden shed to give you an idea of size

As you can you I broke her in this evening
[Post edited 5 May 2018 19:04]

BBQ Season on 19:06 - May 5 with 3436 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 18:21 - May 5 by sparks

I have a Brinkman. not entirely got to grips with it yet. Its a hassle to keep the temperature just right over long periods. I think that a thermometer that goes in the meat, with metal wires so the readout sits outside and you can leave the sensor in during cooking, is really important.

I picked one of those up too, someone on another post said that the on board thermometers are not worth relying on

Login to get fewer ads

BBQ Season on 19:41 - May 5 with 3418 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 18:56 - May 5 by wkj

I got mine online so I dont know, i think it might be online only. You could fit a couple of dozen burgers in the main grilling chamber with room left over I reckon. The only thing I don't like is the opening in the barrels are very awkward if you're using one of those charcoal lighting cylinders. I will take a picture of it by my garden shed to give you an idea of size

As you can you I broke her in this evening
[Post edited 5 May 2018 19:04]

£60? Bargain.

Think I’ll get one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

BBQ Season on 20:00 - May 5 with 3410 viewsfooters

BBQ Season on 19:06 - May 5 by wkj

I picked one of those up too, someone on another post said that the on board thermometers are not worth relying on

Have to say a decent meat thermometer has been a dream. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Sad fecker that I am.

Cheers for the smoker info too. Been meaning to get into it for ages now but need to take the plunge!

All looking good for tomorrow now, most stuff prepped. Can't wait to chomp some crunchy sardine heads! Hope the weather stays fair for everyone grilling tomorrow or Monday.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBQ Season on 22:11 - May 5 with 3380 viewsChiefXL

BBQ Season on 17:27 - May 5 by factual_blue

Pervert

😍
BBQ Season on 22:14 - May 5 with 3379 viewsChiefXL

BBQ Season on 19:41 - May 5 by Lord_Lucan

£60? Bargain.

Think I’ll get one.

Aldi were also selling ceramic "eggs" fo £300-ish
Started selling them online Thursday. Already sold out.
BBQ Season on 22:18 - May 5 with 3375 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 17:14 - May 5 by ChiefXL

After years of going the pulled pork route this year I'm going to experiment with brisket.

Brisket is nice, if you get it just right, if you over do it (which isn't hard to do) you end up with soft jerky more or less. I would defiantly suggest getting one of those metal cord meat thermometers with a good lengthy probe (ooh matron) on it for that

BBQ Season on 22:24 - May 5 with 3372 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 22:14 - May 5 by ChiefXL

Aldi were also selling ceramic "eggs" fo £300-ish
Started selling them online Thursday. Already sold out.

A lot of aldi's home lines have really impressed people in my family it must be said, and they can be somewhat snobby- I must admit I felt overly sceptical about the smoker/grill I bought, it passed the grilling test with flying colours, tomorrow its going to be put to the test on the smoker box.

BBQ Season on 10:43 - May 6 with 3305 viewswkj

Just put my port shoulder from Diss Pig farms on, oak chips, chamber steady at 250f, should be done for tea time
[Post edited 6 May 2018 10:45]

BBQ Season on 10:48 - May 6 with 3287 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 22:24 - May 5 by wkj

A lot of aldi's home lines have really impressed people in my family it must be said, and they can be somewhat snobby- I must admit I felt overly sceptical about the smoker/grill I bought, it passed the grilling test with flying colours, tomorrow its going to be put to the test on the smoker box.

I’m off to Aldi is a minute to get some more wagyu burgers, they were stunning. I might pick up one of those smoker things as well.

Top tip on the wagyu burgers - don’t overcook the feckers otherwise you may as well buy prison grade burgers. Keep a bit pink in da middle

BBQ Season on 10:50 - May 6 with 3281 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 10:48 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

I’m off to Aldi is a minute to get some more wagyu burgers, they were stunning. I might pick up one of those smoker things as well.

Top tip on the wagyu burgers - don’t overcook the feckers otherwise you may as well buy prison grade burgers. Keep a bit pink in da middle

Yeah Wagyu can go terrible wrong, like venison- Fair warning, you might not find these in store- it says online exclusive >:(

BBQ Season on 10:54 - May 6 with 3272 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 10:50 - May 6 by wkj

Yeah Wagyu can go terrible wrong, like venison- Fair warning, you might not find these in store- it says online exclusive >:(

According to their website they are instore but I might just buy one online anyway, otherwise I will be tasked to assemble it in this heat.

BBQ Season on 12:20 - May 6 with 3241 viewsJ2BLUE

BBQ Season on 10:48 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

Burgers should be well done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBQ Season on 12:26 - May 6 with 3233 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 12:20 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Burgers should be well done.

What is wrong with you?

NB; Aldi Wagyu burgers finished.

Aldi BBQ / Smoker - purchased.

BBQ Season on 12:28 - May 6 with 3227 viewsJ2BLUE

BBQ Season on 12:26 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

What is wrong with you?

Nothing, i'm perfect.

I'm off to M&S to stock up on BBQ stuff later.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBQ Season on 12:31 - May 6 with 3216 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 12:26 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

What is wrong with you?

Smoking is a long and finicky process my friend, but amned fine eating as you become a pit master. Keeping the barrel up to temperature is the tedious stressful job, but at 2 hours my pork is 105f internal , 175f is the goal. As about 140 the fat will start to render and ill stick my sausage sin there

BBQ Season on 15:07 - May 6 with 3179 viewswkj

Meanwhile... 20f to go... now im the hungry one

BBQ Season on 15:34 - May 6 with 3159 viewsLord_Lucan

BBQ Season on 15:07 - May 6 by wkj

Meanwhile... 20f to go... now im the hungry one

I hope my lot aren't hungry, this is gonna take some time!

BBQ Season on 17:22 - May 6 with 3133 viewswkj

BBQ Season on 15:34 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

I hope my lot aren't hungry, this is gonna take some time!

Very nice mate, took me a little while to get together

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024