Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam 22:45 - Feb 14 with 4310 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Who is better at this moment in time ?? Who will be better in the future ??
Would love some opinions and hopefully this thread will give me something to be positive about as we have good group of yoof coming through.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 4277 viewsHerbivore

Are we assuming Dozzell could play? If so it's him. Downes and Nydam are quite closely matched at present but Nydam is the youngest of the three and I see him carving out a good career. Potentially all three could be very good players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 23:01 - Feb 14 with 4265 viewsPinewoodblue

What is encouraging is that they are all England internationals and that there are at least two others in the academy who have also been recognised at national level.

apologies if this is too positive a post.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 23:02]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 00:45 - Feb 15 with 4157 viewshoppy

"at this moment in time"... I would say Downes, personally.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 07:12 - Feb 15 with 4048 viewsBluebell

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 00:45 - Feb 15 by hoppy

"at this moment in time"... I would say Downes, personally.

I’m not convinced that even Downes would be that good at 22.45pm on a Wednesday evening if he had got up early in the morning!
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 07:21 - Feb 15 with 4029 viewsBloomBlue

At this moment in time certainly not Dozzell because he cannot play so I would say Downes
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 3952 viewsThijssens_Tash

I don't think there is much between all of them. How great would it be if in a couple of years these 3 are regular starters in our midfield. If they all keep fit and develop well it would be one of the best in the league no doubt
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 08:31 - Feb 15 with 3951 viewsJeff_winger

If even half fit, then currently dozzell
In the future definitely dozzell
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 08:36 - Feb 15 with 3938 viewsBluefish

They are 3 very different players and despite the promising starts it is impossible to predict where any of them will end up. All 3 of them look like they have one hell of a chance at not just playing for a club our size (hyam) but at really doing something in the game (dyer). It is hard to call which one is best but I have a real soft spot for nydam, possibly because he is younger and possibly because he is so versatile, I like players that are round and can play multiple positions. He is quite slight but there is a very natural talent about him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 8:58]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 08:56 - Feb 15 with 3895 viewsSimonds92

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 08:36 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

They are 3 very different players and despite the promising starts it is impossible to predict where any of them will end up. All 3 of them look like they have one hell of a chance at not just playing for a club our size (hyam) but at really doing something in the game (dyer). It is hard to call which one is best but I have a real soft spot for nydam, possibly because he is younger and possibly because he is so versatile, I like players that are round and can play multiple positions. He is quite slight but there is a very natural talent about him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 8:58]

Agree with this, I think Nydam will turn out to be a very special player. The confidence he has in his own ability to demand the ball off our centre backs on the half turn at the age of 17 is hugely encouraging.
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:01 - Feb 15 with 3879 viewssuffolkpoker

I raise you Billy Knight

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:03 - Feb 15 with 3864 viewsPinewoodblue

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:01 - Feb 15 by suffolkpoker

I raise you Billy Knight

Sad thing is we all know at least one of them will be sold before they reach their peak.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:04 - Feb 15 with 3863 viewsHopelessRomantic

I think currently Dozzell then Downes then Nydam. However it’s probably due to the fact Nydam is slightly younger than Downes. All have huge potential, excited to see them all next season as this year will have been massive for their development.
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:12 - Feb 15 with 3843 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:03 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

Sad thing is we all know at least one of them will be sold before they reach their peak.

Of course they will. If they're as good as we think they are then a Prem side is bound to come calling with big money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:15 - Feb 15 with 3837 viewschicoazul

Dozzell will have the best career of all of them. Downes is the best of them at the moment but that is because Andre is on one leg!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:35 - Feb 15 with 3820 viewsHalf_Idiot

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:15 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Dozzell will have the best career of all of them. Downes is the best of them at the moment but that is because Andre is on one leg!

Dozzell has the advantage of having the additional help from his dad to guide him through things on and off the pitch.

We've all seen players get a big to big for there boots and their off the pitch lifestyle affects their development.

Having his dad who's been through it all should help keep him grounded.
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:46 - Feb 15 with 3775 viewsBluefish

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:01 - Feb 15 by suffolkpoker

I raise you Billy Knight

Ben

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 10:04 - Feb 15 with 3744 viewsJakeITFC

Ability wise:

Dozzell
Nydam
Downes

Likely impact on the team next year:

Downes
Dozzell
Nydam

It’s a real shame that they are all central midfield players. Technically, Doz and Nydam are streets ahead of Downes but in a similar way to Hyam when he came through, Downes plays a tenacious brand of football that makes him more suited to this level already.
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 10:10 - Feb 15 with 3724 viewsBloomBlue

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 09:03 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

But isn't that normal Ipswich? You could say all of Robson's team was sold before they reached their peak
Ipswich are and have always been a selling club
Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 11:07 - Feb 15 with 3656 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell should have the best career out of the 3 of them, he is a cut above most players of his age in the world, he's that good.

Downes will be a good Championship player, not sure he'll ever truly cut it in the PL but will most likely get there.

Nydam should be a star too, he's got the lot but just needs to nail down a position - I think a on the left hand side of a diamond will get the most out of him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell or Downes or Nydam on 11:15 - Feb 15 with 3641 viewsCurrie10

Nydam in my opinion will 100% be the best long-term player - I think he'll end up being capable of being top 6 prem.

Dozzell next up.

Downes last.

What a question, all three are absolute talents.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024