Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give MM the Summer 06:14 - Jan 6 with 2458 viewsBenters

Then it was give MM the January window,now we see more bull,whats next give him the summer again !?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Give MM the Summer on 07:01 - Jan 6 with 1420 viewsVaughan8

What seems odd about Micks comments on the news story today is that surely we knew we needed a striker, so why haven't they been trying to get one in over the past month and try to agree something prior to the window opening?

Are really all our targets unavailable for transfer. Maybe they are but everyone has their price. I'm assume we won't pay over what we think hey are worth (which I sort of agree with).

It is frustrating but hopefully we will get someone. However if we end up paying £500k for ward who is free in the summer, that seems a bit of a waste of £500k. May as well try and tie him up now for the.summer and pay nothing and get a short term fix for the last months of the season!
Give MM the Summer on 07:04 - Jan 6 with 1412 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 07:01 - Jan 6 by Vaughan8

What seems odd about Micks comments on the news story today is that surely we knew we needed a striker, so why haven't they been trying to get one in over the past month and try to agree something prior to the window opening?

Are really all our targets unavailable for transfer. Maybe they are but everyone has their price. I'm assume we won't pay over what we think hey are worth (which I sort of agree with).

It is frustrating but hopefully we will get someone. However if we end up paying £500k for ward who is free in the summer, that seems a bit of a waste of £500k. May as well try and tie him up now for the.summer and pay nothing and get a short term fix for the last months of the season!

The club is being run by fools.they roll out a load of spin and the happy clappers believe !

How is the review on ticket pries going by the way?

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 07:06 - Jan 6 with 1404 viewsVaughan8

Give MM the Summer on 07:04 - Jan 6 by Benters

The club is being run by fools.they roll out a load of spin and the happy clappers believe !

How is the review on ticket pries going by the way?

They are thinking of bringing out a package where you save about £1 a game for paying for 6 or 12 games in advance......! Oh!!!

I'll be very surprised if they make any substantial changes. Probably drop it a £1 a game but add that on as an administrator charge everything you book a ticket....!
Give MM the Summer on 07:53 - Jan 6 with 1325 viewspeterleeblue

I appreciate we would all like to see a striker come in now. However I assume we are looking to pay a fee for some quality (unlike Varney to Burton who was free and wanted to live in that area). The selling club probably don't want to sell and if they do will wait until nearer the end of the window when the price goes up.

Frankly the transfer window is a load of old b*****ks that's puts far too much pressure on managers who cant resolve situations and subsequently end up getting sacked leading to instability and more player turnover. Agents win everyone else loses as far as I see it with the exception of SKY who clearly love dolling their girlies in the studio in yellow at the end of the transfer window and having W** outside all the premiership training grounds!!
Give MM the Summer on 08:08 - Jan 6 with 1296 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 07:06 - Jan 6 by Vaughan8

They are thinking of bringing out a package where you save about £1 a game for paying for 6 or 12 games in advance......! Oh!!!

I'll be very surprised if they make any substantial changes. Probably drop it a £1 a game but add that on as an administrator charge everything you book a ticket....!

Yeah great innit !

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 08:12 - Jan 6 with 1288 viewsMullet

How about give it a rest?

You won't go until we start winning anyway.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Give MM the Summer on 08:16 - Jan 6 with 1277 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 08:12 - Jan 6 by Mullet

How about give it a rest?

You won't go until we start winning anyway.

How about if you are going to have a pop at least get it right ?

I wont go again until your hero MM has left this club.

Enjoy your day .

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 08:17 - Jan 6 with 1263 viewsBluebell

Give MM the Summer on 08:16 - Jan 6 by Benters

Enjoy your day .

Benters, who would you want as manager to convince you it is worth going to football again?
Login to get fewer ads

Give MM the Summer on 08:19 - Jan 6 with 1250 viewsMullet

Enjoy your day .

It is right though. You were happy to go under MM until we stopped winning then it became excuses galore.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Give MM the Summer on 08:21 - Jan 6 with 1246 viewsTractorWood

Enjoy your day .

I don't think a new manager would be able to sprinkle some magic dust and automatically make us competitive. Club's in a rut in my opinion and anyone who took the job will need to understand the transfer approach.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Give MM the Summer on 08:21 - Jan 6 with 1247 viewsitfcjoe

No one was saying give MM the summer because we'd just finished 7th and there was no talk of him being replaced fairly obviously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Give MM the Summer on 08:41 - Jan 6 with 1195 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 08:19 - Jan 6 by Mullet

It is right though. You were happy to go under MM until we stopped winning then it became excuses galore.

Last season was boring though .

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 08:42 - Jan 6 with 1189 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 08:21 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

No one was saying give MM the summer because we'd just finished 7th and there was no talk of him being replaced fairly obviously

Ok what about the poor pre season ?

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 08:50 - Jan 6 with 1161 viewsunstableblue

Give MM the Summer on 08:21 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Whilst I agree Mick should be given more time, it does seem he is being given a lot of leeway by Marcus with a view to a longer term 'cheaper' promotion strategy.

The original poster is right to point out these given chances - as that what football management is about. And I certainly wouldn't hold up the 7th place season as a positive I think that is where we really started losing the fan base. Yes, it was a good finish position wise, but the football was dire.

Mick's improved the squad in terms of players, then lost Murphy. But his attempts to play more technically are failing, apart from against poor teams, and we are still in desperate need of a central midfielder and a right back if he feels Emmanuel is not good enough.

So yes give him some time and a couple of signings - but as fans we do need to be asking when it is all going to click.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Give MM the Summer on 08:52 - Jan 6 with 1153 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 08:17 - Jan 6 by Bluebell

Benters, who would you want as manager to convince you it is worth going to football again?

Darren Ferguson or Mike Bassett !

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 08:52 - Jan 6 with 1153 viewsBarneycurley

Enjoy your day .

hero = idol = its not paul jewell so he must be good

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Give MM the Summer on 08:54 - Jan 6 with 1153 viewsitfcjoe

Give MM the Summer on 08:50 - Jan 6 by unstableblue

Whilst I agree Mick should be given more time, it does seem he is being given a lot of leeway by Marcus with a view to a longer term 'cheaper' promotion strategy.

The original poster is right to point out these given chances - as that what football management is about. And I certainly wouldn't hold up the 7th place season as a positive I think that is where we really started losing the fan base. Yes, it was a good finish position wise, but the football was dire.

Mick's improved the squad in terms of players, then lost Murphy. But his attempts to play more technically are failing, apart from against poor teams, and we are still in desperate need of a central midfielder and a right back if he feels Emmanuel is not good enough.

So yes give him some time and a couple of signings - but as fans we do need to be asking when it is all going to click.

It should have clicked more by now, and we should have had a striker signed by now.....

Whatever you read from Evans makes you think that Mick is under little pressure, so he is working at a pace that reflects that; which isn't what the fans want to see.

If Mick felt under real pressure we'd probably be paying over the odds for a striker currently to salvage our season, not waiting for the right deal at the right price.

Mick has shielded Evans from a lot of criticism, and seems part of the reason why ME likes him as he tows company line, works to constraints well etc.......it's time for ME to protect Mick from the fans if he is going to be giving a lot longer. One set of programme notes doesn't cut it - even if it isn't him and it's Milne; if they are set on keeping Mick then they need to press that message home

Give MM the Summer on 08:58 - Jan 6 with 1133 viewsBenters

Give MM the Summer on 08:52 - Jan 6 by Barneycurley

hero = idol = its not paul jewell so he must be good

Oh yes that will do nicely Sir .

Gentlybentley

Give MM the Summer on 09:04 - Jan 6 with 1121 viewspeterleeblue

Give MM the Summer on 08:52 - Jan 6 by Benters

Darren Ferguson or Mike Bassett !

You don't seriously mean that?
Give MM the Summer on 09:11 - Jan 6 with 1105 viewsclive_baker

Personally I don't think there's much value in getting rid of him now. We aren't going up, and I trust in Mick that we certainly wont go down. It would be risky to replace him now with a whole step change, culture change, ethos, approach etc that I think we need. I also feel like we owe a little to Mick for keeping us up and giving us some great memories - Charlton Noel Hunt, Watford Chaplow, Anderson scum, Derby and loads more (along with some crap ones admittedly. Too many of those this season in particular). That said I think he's done here, I would like Evans to sit him down the day after our final match this season and ask him to move on, giving the new manager a whole summer and transfer window to get us playing the way he wants and to bring in and out a few faces. There's no value in doing that now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Give MM the Summer on 09:19 - Jan 6 with 1088 viewspeterleeblue

Give MM the Summer on 09:11 - Jan 6 by clive_baker

Personally I don't think there's much value in getting rid of him now. We aren't going up, and I trust in Mick that we certainly wont go down. It would be risky to replace him now with a whole step change, culture change, ethos, approach etc that I think we need. I also feel like we owe a little to Mick for keeping us up and giving us some great memories - Charlton Noel Hunt, Watford Chaplow, Anderson scum, Derby and loads more (along with some crap ones admittedly. Too many of those this season in particular). That said I think he's done here, I would like Evans to sit him down the day after our final match this season and ask him to move on, giving the new manager a whole summer and transfer window to get us playing the way he wants and to bring in and out a few faces. There's no value in doing that now.

This and we have a winnable cup-tie tomorrow and perhaps we can avoid the BIG Guns until say rounds 5/6 and MM can go out with a few more decent memories. Probably going to need that centre forward achieve this.
Give MM the Summer on 09:21 - Jan 6 with 1075 viewsoldbluestu

But how do you know they haven't been trying?

One thing I know if I was an owner of a club and another club wanted to do a deal on one of my players is the 1st I would do is ask for 10 times the players real value if that club refuses to pay that price I would say no and wait for the transfer window to open and hope to start a bidding war, if that fails then go back to the original club and offer him at true value nothing to lose.
Give MM the Summer on 09:24 - Jan 6 with 1064 viewsmaccyd9

Give MM the Summer on 09:04 - Jan 6 by peterleeblue

You don't seriously mean that?

Yes I'm sure he meant Mike Bassett.
Give MM the Summer on 09:26 - Jan 6 with 1053 viewsDolly2.0

Give MM the Summer on 07:53 - Jan 6 by peterleeblue

I appreciate we would all like to see a striker come in now. However I assume we are looking to pay a fee for some quality (unlike Varney to Burton who was free and wanted to live in that area). The selling club probably don't want to sell and if they do will wait until nearer the end of the window when the price goes up.

Frankly the transfer window is a load of old b*****ks that's puts far too much pressure on managers who cant resolve situations and subsequently end up getting sacked leading to instability and more player turnover. Agents win everyone else loses as far as I see it with the exception of SKY who clearly love dolling their girlies in the studio in yellow at the end of the transfer window and having W** outside all the premiership training grounds!!

Absolutely this.

The transfer window solved a problem that didn't really exist as far as I can remember, and just creates more problems. A daft idea that should be scrapped.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Give MM the Summer on 09:30 - Jan 6 with 1038 viewsitfcjoe

Give MM the Summer on 09:26 - Jan 6 by Dolly2.0

Absolutely this.

The transfer window solved a problem that didn't really exist as far as I can remember, and just creates more problems. A daft idea that should be scrapped.

It solved problems that existed at the top level but doesn't do anything for clubs outside that bubble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024