Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history 08:35 - Feb 12 with 6716 viewsSwailsey

right?

Just an utterly bizarre series of events.

Can only think of Phil’s banning and Bluefish’s exit in coming close. Granted I’ve only been posting on here for 15 years or so, so I’m sure there was mania before that.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:48 - Feb 12 with 4382 viewsSteve_M

The Monday after the Brighton banner was a special one, err, the day Sitters' lost his trainers and Potholegate. Plus the Man City fans of 99-00 and decamping en masse to the Whigfield board.

Yesterday was certainly a bit weird though. Frimmers' total inabilty to accept he might be wrong and insistence on doubling down which makes the difference between a poster one can disagree with and one who makes the board far less worth using but also a prevailing mood that really doesn't like criticism of some players at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 4342 viewschicoazul

I vaguely remember Bulbeck admitting he created a Facebook profile so he could stalk Mullet.
Sitters’ trainers. Potholes. But yes yesterday was very good for enjoyers of TWTD drama.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:54 - Feb 12 with 4297 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:48 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

The Monday after the Brighton banner was a special one, err, the day Sitters' lost his trainers and Potholegate. Plus the Man City fans of 99-00 and decamping en masse to the Whigfield board.

Yesterday was certainly a bit weird though. Frimmers' total inabilty to accept he might be wrong and insistence on doubling down which makes the difference between a poster one can disagree with and one who makes the board far less worth using but also a prevailing mood that really doesn't like criticism of some players at the moment.

Trainers day and the day someone sent a letter to my workplace to try and get me sacked

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:05 - Feb 12 with 4210 viewsdavblue

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:54 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Trainers day and the day someone sent a letter to my workplace to try and get me sacked

Perhaps you could mentor Frimley? You've evolved from an ape in the early days to a caveman now and a semi valued poster

Progress is progress though, Frimmers needs the Sitters mentorship programme.
[Post edited 12 Feb 9:05]
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:06 - Feb 12 with 4171 viewsKeno

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:05 - Feb 12 by davblue

Perhaps you could mentor Frimley? You've evolved from an ape in the early days to a caveman now and a semi valued poster

Not sure if that describes Sitters or someone next to him?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The Knob and the Coffee Cup day also springs to mind (n/t) on 09:08 - Feb 12 with 4152 viewsDyland

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:48 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:39 - Feb 12 with 3963 viewsSteve_M

I forgot to even mention Malcy, that was just one long drama from 2002 to about 2009.

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:45 - Feb 12 with 3934 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:05 - Feb 12 by davblue

I haven’t really changed much tbh

I did think Frimmers was going to make the grade but he kept making the same old mistakes.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 3886 viewsDyland

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:39 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

I forgot to even mention Malcy, that was just one long drama from 2002 to about 2009.

Hahahaha yes! Malcy’s wedding. Arftastic

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 3844 viewsleitrimblue

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 08:54 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

'Someone sent a letter to my workplace to try an get me sacked'. That is absolutely mental. Why would anyone care enough about what is said on here to try an get someone sacked?
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 3830 viewsdavblue

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:45 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

I haven’t really changed much tbh

I did think Frimmers was going to make the grade but he kept making the same old mistakes.

the Toto Nsiala of the board, his posts were like Toto's tackling in the penalty area!
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 3839 viewsSteve_M

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:48 - Feb 12 by Dyland

Hahahaha yes! Malcy’s wedding. Arftastic

Plus the time he claimed to be posting from a hotel room after a game he clearly hadn't been to because he wanted to slate Royle regardless.

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 3804 viewsdavblue

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:52 - Feb 12 by leitrimblue

'Someone sent a letter to my workplace to try an get me sacked'. That is absolutely mental. Why would anyone care enough about what is said on here to try an get someone sacked?

yeah that is dreadful behaviour. I remember it.

The consequences of someone losing a job could be far reaching over something on twitter/message board.
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 3714 viewsMJallday

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 09:52 - Feb 12 by leitrimblue

I’m surprised that didn’t happen to me after the “I just farted in my office” debacle

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:11 - Feb 12 with 3690 viewsRyorry

That 'letter' incident is still v. fresh in my mind for some reason - maybe because so shocking.

When was it, about 15 years ago? And was the perpetrator ever unmasked?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 3691 viewsitfcjoe

From the very first response to the post after he'd been made aware of it, it was obvious which way it was going to go.

Just zero understanding of how his posts come across, and why countless people have tried to help him get them across better, and a reminder that he just would not listen to or understand why he grates so many people and how he is seen by the board.

It's awful if he has received threats and that is totally inexcusable - but ultimately the board will be better without him on it just spamming threads with relentless negativity and the same 'hot takes' which people have tried to reason with him over and provide evidence and stats as to why what he is saying is fair or true.

But the fingers in the ear, I'm right, if I'm not who cares it's just a forum and nothing should be taken seriously approach won't be missed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 3672 viewsblueasfook

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:11 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

That 'letter' incident is still v. fresh in my mind for some reason - maybe because so shocking.

He blamed me at the time! I can categorically say was not me. I am a bit of a tw@t but i wouldn't stoop that low.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:21 - Feb 12 with 3613 viewsDubtractor

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:12 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

From the very first response to the post after he'd been made aware of it, it was obvious which way it was going to go.

Just zero understanding of how his posts come across, and why countless people have tried to help him get them across better, and a reminder that he just would not listen to or understand why he grates so many people and how he is seen by the board.

It's awful if he has received threats and that is totally inexcusable - but ultimately the board will be better without him on it just spamming threads with relentless negativity and the same 'hot takes' which people have tried to reason with him over and provide evidence and stats as to why what he is saying is fair or true.

But the fingers in the ear, I'm right, if I'm not who cares it's just a forum and nothing should be taken seriously approach won't be missed

Agreed.

For me it wasn't so much what he said (we all have opinions on individual players), but the way he said it, and more than that the sheer frequency and repetition of it. He made an unreal number of posts after the game on Saturday.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 3597 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:11 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

Yeah I think it was 2011, nope never found out who it was.

COYB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:25 - Feb 12 with 3569 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:14 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

He blamed me at the time! I can categorically say was not me. I am a bit of a tw@t but i wouldn't stoop that low.

Ha, you were to blame for everything else so was worth an ask.

Wish I had kept the letter as a souvenir.

COYB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:26 - Feb 12 with 3555 viewsblueislander

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:14 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

I yearn for the days of Tractor Girl rip
Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:29 - Feb 12 with 3544 viewsblueasfook

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:25 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Ha, you were to blame for everything else so was worth an ask.

Wish I had kept the letter as a souvenir.

Nah wasn't me bud. I had no beef with you anyway so why would I?

Did you actually get fired or just a telling off?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The Knob and the Coffee Cup day also springs to mind (n/t) on 10:31 - Feb 12 with 3512 viewsBiGDonnie

The Knob and the Coffee Cup day also springs to mind (n/t) on 09:08 - Feb 12 by Dyland

One of my proudest moments to this day.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:56 - Feb 12 with 3321 viewsLankHenners

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:12 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Yep, surprised it took so long really considering other posters (who are also fairly 'well established') have been given the hook recently for repeatedly being aggravating towards others.

FWIW thought his actual comments themselves about players were probably the least objectionable of things he said (though obviously annoying and the sheer volume of them disrupted every thread he posted on). Have to say was a bit disappointed that some of the stuff he said that was really beyond the pale seemed to go unnoticed, or the comment itself got deleted but then, as with everything else, he kept making similar comments which also got deleted.

Anyway, he won't be missed by anyone other than those who used to like him winding up posters they didn't like, which in itself was another tedious aspect of the board that will hopefully now stop.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 11:24 - Feb 12 with 3151 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday had to be one of the weirdest days in TWTD history on 10:29 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

Nah wasn't me bud. I had no beef with you anyway so why would I?

Did you actually get fired or just a telling off?

Na I know it wasn’t.

Initially looked like I was getting the chop but another boss got involved, saw that it was f’king stupid, said I was a valued member of staff and chucked it out.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024