Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder how Norwich will play…? 19:54 - Dec 14 with 2583 viewsSitfcB

I think they may come here and play a low block and try and hit us on the counter? But they’re more than welcome to come here and try and play football

No idea how they play or have been playing to be honest.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 19:58 - Dec 14 with 2525 viewsReuser_is_God

The fact they’ve conceded 37 goals this season tells me they won’t play a low block, or if they do then they aren’t very good at it.

From what I’ve seen of them/read they don’t really have a central midfielder who protects the back 4 well so we could have a field day in that area of the pitch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:01 - Dec 14 with 2476 viewsNthQldITFC

Pretty certain that will be the case. Wanger's on thin ice and he'll want a defensive approach to combat the fear of taking a walloping.

I feel very chilled about this derby. I'm pretty confident we win, but even if we don't the fact that we are where we are in the league somehow takes the edge off it for me. Hope that's how the players feel in a way - it's another game, with an edge, but it's all about being ruthlessly efficient in our 'processes' and getting the job done.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:14 - Dec 14 with 2423 viewsdavblue

think it's a dangerous game for us. They have firepower but are leaky in defence. I don't think it will be a roll over for us despite what some of our fans and some of theirs think.

I do hope we give them a spanking and im jealous of all of you that get to be there on Saturday, the atmosphere pre game should be something special and hopefully that continues into the game also.
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:16 - Dec 14 with 2382 viewsstrikalite

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:01 - Dec 14 by NthQldITFC

Pretty certain that will be the case. Wanger's on thin ice and he'll want a defensive approach to combat the fear of taking a walloping.

I feel very chilled about this derby. I'm pretty confident we win, but even if we don't the fact that we are where we are in the league somehow takes the edge off it for me. Hope that's how the players feel in a way - it's another game, with an edge, but it's all about being ruthlessly efficient in our 'processes' and getting the job done.

Why do I feel that this will be as tough as the Leeds game? They will absolutely raise their game for this, and football just has this nasty habit of kicking you in the balls when you least(not really the right word)expect it..

But our confidence is sky high and with the atmosphere to match it I'm very quietly confident we'll edge it..
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:25 - Dec 14 with 2308 viewsBLUEBEAT

I watched them against Owls last night.

Appears to be down the wings all the time.

Midfield looks weak/non-existant.

Only real issue I can see is them exploiting the gap behind Clarke/Williams.

Poll: W or W

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:48 - Dec 14 with 2143 viewsBramidan

The teams that have troubled us are those that have started at 100 mph and have stifled us in midfield with an over load in the middle and a high block. They are not going to play attacking football because they will be sh..ting them selves.
If they back off , once they get tired and it is attack v defence and they just sit back I think sooner or later we will score.
I think it will be frustrating for us until we can get behind the mass defence.
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:49 - Dec 14 with 2131 viewsBent_double

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 20:01 - Dec 14 by NthQldITFC

I feel that same at the moment, quite chilled, obviously would love the win, but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

That might all change come 12.30 on Saturday of course.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 21:21 - Dec 14 with 1926 viewsFrimleyBlue

I dunno

But I hope town players see this as just another game and play it the same way with the same emotion as every other game and not get involved In the fan love of the derby which nodge players seem to be doing

Over emotion will lead to trouble imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 22:32 - Dec 14 with 1707 viewsStenvict

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 21:21 - Dec 14 by FrimleyBlue

I dunno

But I hope town players see this as just another game and play it the same way with the same emotion as every other game and not get involved In the fan love of the derby which nodge players seem to be doing

That's how I see it. Take the fact they are our rivals out of the equation, and it's basically another home game against mid table fodder, like Millwall, and Coventry. If we play our usual game, we beat them. That's why I've been more worried about Morsy being suspended for the Leeds/Leicester games, as they will be tougher.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 02:10 - Dec 15 with 1478 viewsStewart27

I dunno

I think this.

We have much tougher games coming up against promotion rivals. Hopefully the players don’t get sucked in too much.

On paper it’s an easy win but we come up against lesser teams a lot and things don’t always go our way.
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 04:52 - Dec 15 with 1415 viewsSE1blue

I dunno

Same. There's a couple of our players (Clarke and Wolf) that I worry about getting too 'stuck in' for the sake of the derby and not playing their natural game.

Hope I am wrong and we just play this one like all the others.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 08:57 - Dec 15 with 1096 viewstextbackup

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 04:52 - Dec 15 by SE1blue

Same. There's a couple of our players (Clarke and Wolf) that I worry about getting too 'stuck in' for the sake of the derby and not playing their natural game.

Hope I am wrong and we just play this one like all the others.

I keep seeing Wolfs name mentioned like this… I couldn’t name a single example in every game I’ve seen where he’s shown any single moment of dirtiness or aggression? I might be completely wrong, but his game is seriously calm and cool, the exact type you want in a local Derby.

Clarke on the other hand 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 1031 viewsMeltonBlue

I keep hearing/seeing Norwich fans/ex players say all the pressure is on us? I’m not so sure that is the case..

Two years ago they were in the premier league and we were about to start our rise under McKenna. If they lose Saturday they are cut off in mid table.. and about to run out of parachute money which will change how their club can operate over the next few years… if we lost we are still minimum 7 points ahead of 3rd without any financial concerns for the first time in decades..

All the pressure on our budgie friends for me.

COYB
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:22 - Dec 15 with 1008 viewsCityBlue

They will go straight for a man mark press on the pivots with the implicit instruction to wind up MOrsy in an attempt to put him off his game or draw a booking/free kick.
The rest will be about getting Sara on a 1 on 1 with someone and hope they can outpace us. They will work on following up shots, noting that Hladky is very European style keeper who prefers to palm/punch away and not hold the ball.

I T I D

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:24 - Dec 15 with 982 views_clive_baker_

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 08:57 - Dec 15 by textbackup

I keep seeing Wolfs name mentioned like this… I couldn’t name a single example in every game I’ve seen where he’s shown any single moment of dirtiness or aggression? I might be completely wrong, but his game is seriously calm and cool, the exact type you want in a local Derby.

Clarke on the other hand 😂

Clarke and Williams are probably the 2 that are more susceptible to letting their emotions get the better of them I would think.

I'm not particularly worried about that side of things, we're street wise enough now to manage games well, we've shown that. Of course we've not had a derby game under KM, but we've had bigger games in the past 12 months and we'll have bigger ones in the next 12.

I don't think Norwich are the whipping boys some on here would have you think, it wasn't long ago people were tipping them for a top 6 finish. They're only a few points off and come in to the game with 2 wins and a draw from their last 3. They've been away to Bristol City and Cardiff and won in recent weeks, and they certainly do have offensive threats. Sara, Hernandez, Rowe. Barnes is a wily and experienced player at this level. Not sure if Hwang is fit but he's decent as well. Idah will play if he's not, he's a bit hit and miss but he's young, has a few goals to his name at this level and an established ROI international.

I think where we can hurt them is through the middle, it's a big one for Luongo and Morsy to win that battle which I think they're very capable of, and Chaplin in the more advanced central role. If we can get him purring then we purr.

Burns is always going to be a threat against any side with his pace, and crucially for me tomorrow we'll look to Davis & Broadhead (assuming he starts) for a threat. I've seen their right back Stacey play a number of times and I think we can have him on toast. We can get a lot of joy against him. Equally if he doesn't play it'll be the young lad they bought from Bromley who is very wet behind the ears and as weak as a kitten. I can't see him starting for that reason but I do think their right back area is one we have to and will exploit.
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:27 - Dec 15 with 955 viewsJakeITFC

Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:22 - Dec 15 by CityBlue

They will go straight for a man mark press on the pivots with the implicit instruction to wind up MOrsy in an attempt to put him off his game or draw a booking/free kick.
The rest will be about getting Sara on a 1 on 1 with someone and hope they can outpace us. They will work on following up shots, noting that Hladky is very European style keeper who prefers to palm/punch away and not hold the ball.

If they do this I think we can afford to be a bit more direct as they don't have much in terms of centre back or defensive midfield.
Wonder how Norwich will play…? on 09:47 - Dec 15 with 879 viewsJammyDodgerrr

They play direct and through wingers. They don't have a midfield and they leave massive gaps in the number 10 area. If they play against how they normally try to, Chaplin is going to have all the time in the world.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024