Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. 15:22 - Oct 4 with 2024 viewssoutha05

Heard this at Bury ( Shakers not St.Edmonds variety) and it was proper ear worm material.

To the tune of Anarchy in the UK by the sex pistols.

I am a Ipswich fan
And I am a Tractor Boy
Don’t know what I want
But I know how to get it
I want to destroy you Norwich boy
Oh I want to be ITFC…

Repeat!!!!
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 1993 viewsKeno

Now I dislike Norwich as much as the next town fan, and would if I have the wings of a sparrow etc but I'm not sure about "I want to destroy you Norwich boy"

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 1911 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd rather someone brought a portable foghorn along to games, and every time Morsy approached an opposition player, gave it a blast, followed by a chorus of "It's just gone noon, 'alf past monsoon, on the banks of the River Nile, 'ere comes a bloke, gonna kick yer scrote, while 'e gives you a pleasant smile, touch the ball once more, and you'll be rolling on the floor...'etc., but I think that might just be a tad too aggressive?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:52 - Oct 4 with 1880 viewsleitrimblue

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:25 - Oct 4 by Keno

Now I dislike Norwich as much as the next town fan, and would if I have the wings of a sparrow etc but I'm not sure about "I want to destroy you Norwich boy"

Awful line and doesn't fit with the tune either. Isn't the genuine line ' I wanna eat pies, once or twice a night'?
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 1864 viewsBlue_Order

BA were singing a version of this 4/5 years ago, but it never took off.

I am an Ipswich fan
And I am East Anglian
I know what I want and I know how to get it
I wanna destroy Norwich City
Cause I wanna be ITFC
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:15 - Oct 4 with 1812 viewsHelp

or to Music man

I am an Ipswich fan
I come from round your way
and we can play
what do we play
we play McKenna ball
E I E I E I O
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:18 - Oct 4 with 1791 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lyrics aside ...what a tune *grabs guitar*
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 16:19]

Poll: If it were one or the other

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:19 - Oct 4 with 1776 viewssoutha05

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:52 - Oct 4 by leitrimblue

Awful line and doesn't fit with the tune either. Isn't the genuine line ' I wanna eat pies, once or twice a night'?

I think the line is “I want to destroy your passion boy” so should fit in. You could just leave it at that and forget the Norwich bit I guess. It was extremely catchy and sounded great. Always nice to have something slightly different to sing.
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:35 - Oct 4 with 1723 viewsleitrimblue

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:19 - Oct 4 by southa05

I think the line is “I want to destroy your passion boy” so should fit in. You could just leave it at that and forget the Norwich bit I guess. It was extremely catchy and sounded great. Always nice to have something slightly different to sing.

No mention of pies at all. Very disappointing, was hoping any kind of anarchic revolution would be fuelled by steak an kidney pies.
Login to get fewer ads

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:00 - Oct 4 with 1656 viewsKeno

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 16:35 - Oct 4 by leitrimblue

No mention of pies at all. Very disappointing, was hoping any kind of anarchic revolution would be fuelled by steak an kidney pies.

I once had an gastric anarchic revolution fuelled by a dodgy steak and kidney pie

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:05 - Oct 4 with 1630 viewsMullet

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:58 - Oct 4 by Blue_Order

I am an Ipswich fan
And I am East Anglian
Cause I wanna be ITFC

I did wonder if I'd heard it recently. Should bring it back.

Also "We've got Vaclav Hladky" to I should be so lucky by Kylie and Omari's song to "I wanna dance with somebody" by Whitney please.

Not enough 80's girl pop in the repertoire for my liking lads.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:05 - Oct 4 with 1629 viewsleitrimblue

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:00 - Oct 4 by Keno

I once had an gastric anarchic revolution fuelled by a dodgy steak and kidney pie

The revolution as to start somewhere! Though not sure there is such a thing as a dodgy steak and kidney pie Ken. Perhaps you undercooked it?
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:08 - Oct 4 with 1611 viewsKeno

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:05 - Oct 4 by leitrimblue

The revolution as to start somewhere! Though not sure there is such a thing as a dodgy steak and kidney pie Ken. Perhaps you undercooked it?

Maybe it was the green beans that I had with he, those veggies can be right evil b'stards!!

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:11 - Oct 4 with 1598 viewsleitrimblue

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:08 - Oct 4 by Keno

Maybe it was the green beans that I had with he, those veggies can be right evil b'stards!!

Seems much more likely. Can't imagine anyone being damaged by a Pukka or a Fray Bentos
New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 17:55 - Oct 4 with 1523 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

New chant to the tune “Anarchy in the UK”. on 15:58 - Oct 4 by Blue_Order

I am an Ipswich fan
And I am East Anglian
Cause I wanna be ITFC

Needs another go at an away game (best place for getting songs going, see the Massimo song)

Birmingham sing this and it sounds great

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024