Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? 12:26 - Oct 2 with 3180 viewstextbackup

Personally see 4 points from the two, and I’d be delighted with that return.

Unsure which way round as yet, I want to say a win Tuesday, so the pressure is then off a bit come Saturday.

Morsy is back now, isn’t he?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 3135 viewsTractorCam

3, lose tomorrow (we never beat Hull) but bounce back with a big win against Preston.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 12:28]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:29 - Oct 2 with 3125 viewsKieran_Knows

2-0 win tomorrow night - Hirst and Chaplin scorers.

3-1 win Saturday - Hirst, Taylor and Ladapo off the bench scorers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:32 - Oct 2 with 3090 viewsIllinoisblue

Hull will be tricky; much improved and good away form. 4 pts this week would be a good return.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:35 - Oct 2 with 3074 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Morsy is back.

3-1 tomorrow, 1-1 Saturday.
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:35 - Oct 2 with 3072 viewstextbackup

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:32 - Oct 2 by Illinoisblue

Hull will be tricky; much improved and good away form. 4 pts this week would be a good return.

And very likely keep us ahead of many of the chasing pack

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:45 - Oct 2 with 2999 viewsLankHenners

Will be a couple of tough challenges, just looking at the games so far of all 3 teams (including us) and the results are pretty similar in terms of scoreline at least. Lots of wins by a single goal, no win greater than 2 goals.

Can see tomorrow being a bit of a ding dong again, Hull have a lot of variety in their attacking options with the goals and assists spread about a bit, much like us. Reckon we'll have opportunities to 'kill the game off' as McKenna's referred to so hopefully we can do that.

Until this weekend Preston had been very good at keeping the goals out and probably the sort of team we'll have to work harder to break down.

Early days but a good opportunity to open up a little bit more of a gap to teams behind us. As you say 4 points would be a very good return, 6 excellent.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 2992 views_clive_baker_

I reckon we'll beat Preston on Saturday. 2-0.

Tomorrow is a tough one to call, they've got serious quality, especially in attacking areas. Philogene is disgustingly good, and Connolly. Young Delap on loan from Man City too, I've not seen much of him but he's highly thought of. I'll go for a score draw.

4 points would be a great return and would keep us some way (+4.5 points) ahead of where you need to track at to finish on 90 points.
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 12:55 - Oct 2 with 2902 viewsBigCommon

Think KM would have had words with one or two after Saturday, We were a bit below par, imo. As such, I can see us fired up for Tuesday, under the lights. Especially with Morsy back I'm going 3-1 win. With a terrorising display from Omari.
Preston have a tough game , away at Leicester on Tuesday and they've had a little blip in their last couple. Think we'll win a tight game Saturday, 2-1 , with some squad rotation.

Hoping to see Chaplin and Hirst on the score sheet over the next two games. Think they could both do with a goal, to keep them ticking along.

Disclaimer.. I'm normally a million miles out with any predictions or team selections.
Login to get fewer ads

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:00 - Oct 2 with 2861 viewslizzibee

Six points...I believe in this team. They'll bounce back from Huddersfield's under par performance
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:08 - Oct 2 with 2806 viewsSitfcB

Two wins but two high scoring games.

I know Hull like to try and play and attack, not sure about Preston but imagine they’re the same.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:21 - Oct 2 with 2740 viewsHerbivore

Last time Hull were in East Anglia they put in their worst performance of the season by far. Let's hope that happens again as they've looked good since then. Preston I am less worried about despite their good start. Sides who will trouble us at PR will be those who might outscore us in a gun fight and I'm not sure that's Preston. I always think we'll win at PR so am hopeful of 6 points which would be an outrageous opening quarter of the season for us but I'd see 4 points as a good return too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:41 - Oct 2 with 2662 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Beat Preston.

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow. Hull always seem to beat us at PR
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 13:41]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:49 - Oct 2 with 2610 viewsBlueNomad

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:41 - Oct 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Beat Preston.

There is NO way tomorrow's game can be as bad as the last home game v Hull..........
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 14:09 - Oct 2 with 2525 viewsPinewoodblue

League table , going into the next international break, could look vert different from today’s.

Important we pick up all six points. With Preston playing Leicester on Wednesday they will have fallen back into the chasing pack leaving Town & Leicester clear at the top.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 14:09 - Oct 2 with 2522 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:49 - Oct 2 by BlueNomad

There is NO way tomorrow's game can be as bad as the last home game v Hull..........

I vaguely remember Jon Walters getting injured in that game. The rest of it extremely forgettable.

Game before that was the 3-0 loss huddle on the pitch game.

Game before that we got schooled by Andy Robertson and Mo Diame.

Bad memories of Hull

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 14:20 - Oct 2 with 2471 viewsStewart27

I think we’ll lose tomorrow and beat Preston.

Would arguably take that too.
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 15:35 - Oct 2 with 2322 viewshoppy

Six points.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 15:38 - Oct 2 with 2307 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tomorrow

Hladky

Williams
Wolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Morsy
Luongo

Hutchinson
Chaplin
Harness

Hirst

3-1 town

Sat
Hladky

Clarke
Wolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Burns
Morsy
Luongo

Chaplin
Broadhead
Hirst

2-2

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 15:40 - Oct 2 with 2284 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hull have recruited well over the summer but mixed bag so far. Plymouth did well getting a point at their place. Preston maybe will run out of steam after a great start? I’d be happy with 4 points.

Very hard to call but goals guaranteed!
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 16:34 - Oct 2 with 2183 viewsFrimleyBlue

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 15:38 - Oct 2 by FrimleyBlue

Tomorrow

Hladky

Williams
Wolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Morsy
Luongo

Hutchinson
Chaplin
Harness

Hirst

3-1 town

Sat
Hladky

Clarke
Wolfenden
Burgess
Davis

Burns
Morsy
Luongo

Chaplin
Broadhead
Hirst

2-2

Gonna change mine slightly, looking at some hull highlights and the way they like to play it around the back, I reckon jackson might get the nod ahead of Hirst tomorrow. Bit more zip zap to put them under pressure.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 16:35 - Oct 2 with 2185 viewsVegtablue

Hull are 3rd for passing accuracy and they've managed this while mixing up their length really well, so I expect them to look classy tomorrow. They're also the most fouled team by a distance. On the flip side, they've made the the least fouls, tackles and interceptions in the league. This points to a team more interested in themselves than their opponent. Hopefully it makes for an exciting game and we can create more than them. Crazily we've beaten Hull once in our last 15 matches together (lost 11). The aggregate scoreline for our last 6 at home reads 1-12!

Conversely, Preston are at (or very close to) the top for tackles, interceptions, clearances, blocks and so on. This is in all areas of the pitch; they're great disruptors. They're very bottom 6 for passing, possession, shot creation and being a good watch. So a slightly better version of us without the ball; a slightly better version of Rotherham with it. The first goal will be even more important in this one.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 17:27]
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 16:39 - Oct 2 with 2165 viewsitfcsuth

Draw tomorrow - expect a really good game - looking forward to hit.

Think we will beat Preston Saturday, but expect a really tight game.
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 2096 viewshoppy

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 13:41 - Oct 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Beat Preston.

The difference is, Hull haven't played THIS Ipswich side before... we're not like the recent Town sides they've faced, so historical results have no relevance.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 20:24 - Oct 2 with 1898 viewsibbleobble

Two draws me thinks.
Back to back at PR this week then, what we saying? on 21:24 - Oct 2 with 1797 viewsWestSussexBlue

Town 2 Hull 2
Town 2 Preston 0

Slightly concerned that Hull game will be a proper tough one, confident we can take 4 points though from these games and if so, I’ll be happy with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024