Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Block A 11:47 - Aug 13 with 4177 viewsMetal_Hacker

How did that work out yesterday for those of us not there to hear / see it ?

Looks quite good

Poll: If it were one or the other

Block A on 12:32 - Aug 13 with 4048 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought it was a bit weird to have a massive banner saying "Block A" but I guess it was handy for anyone trying to find it!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Block A on 12:38 - Aug 13 with 4034 viewsblue_curacao

I sit in Magnus, halfway between halfway line and north stand. From where I was, it made for a much better atmosphere. The North stand was much more joined up in its singing, instead of two halves singing over the top of each other. And it seemed like A block and the SBR were able to feed off each other.

Stoke were very quiet, I don't know if that was because we dominated the game but normally the away fans are more audible.

Interested to know how it felt in the middle of the Cobbold and in Sir Alf
Block A on 12:42 - Aug 13 with 3979 viewsgainsboroughblue

Block A on 12:38 - Aug 13 by blue_curacao

I sit in Magnus, halfway between halfway line and north stand. From where I was, it made for a much better atmosphere. The North stand was much more joined up in its singing, instead of two halves singing over the top of each other. And it seemed like A block and the SBR were able to feed off each other.

Stoke were very quiet, I don't know if that was because we dominated the game but normally the away fans are more audible.

Acoustics are better in Cobbold as well I'd argue. Used to annoy me how you'd hear away fans over the SBR.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Block A on 12:44 - Aug 13 with 3963 viewsBLUEBEAT

I sit in a similar position and agree with that.

Tried to take pics of the A Block banner and my favourite flag (Adicts) but they don’t come out very well as positioning is in the shaded area of the stand. I think there would be more impact if the smaller flags were brought nearer to the front.

Looked good when bouncy-bouncing.

Poll: W or W

Block A on 12:47 - Aug 13 with 3922 viewsblue_curacao

Block A on 12:44 - Aug 13 by BLUEBEAT

Tried to take pics of the A Block banner and my favourite flag (Adicts) but they don’t come out very well as positioning is in the shaded area of the stand. I think there would be more impact if the smaller flags were brought nearer to the front.

Yes, it looked great when A block were bouncing but I am slightly worried that the Cobbold stand might not be able to take a whole season of that! 😄
Block A on 12:50 - Aug 13 with 3889 viewsblue_curacao

Block A on 12:42 - Aug 13 by gainsboroughblue

Acoustics are better in Cobbold as well I'd argue. Used to annoy me how you'd hear away fans over the SBR.

Good to know. Hopefully it means it was louder for the away fans too - they often suggest that we are not very loud (although I appreciate some of that might be them winding us up on social media)
I thought it started well and was good in the first half… on 13:46 - Aug 13 with 3646 viewsunstableblue

… some coordinated singing between the lower north and A block, mainly starting in A block… but some from lower north.

At times there’d be two, even three songs going at once… which sounded uncoordinated, but actually made for a wall of sound and was great.

I thought second half in the early stages when Stoke were on the front foot, both the north and A block lost the energy and that was a bit disappointing

Came back in the latter stages and following the Jackson goal.

I think we have another gear!

But it’s early days.

I liked the TIFO.. and they should use it again. But lower north is better place for banners.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Block A on 13:48 - Aug 13 with 3631 viewsNthQldITFC

Block A on 12:47 - Aug 13 by blue_curacao

Yes, it looked great when A block were bouncing but I am slightly worried that the Cobbold stand might not be able to take a whole season of that! 😄

Could chivvy along the much-vaunted rebuild...

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Block A on 13:49 - Aug 13 with 3623 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Thought it worked well for getting the north upper more involved. Being able to see and hear them seemed to get the majority involved

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Block A on 13:54 - Aug 13 with 3590 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Block A on 12:44 - Aug 13 by BLUEBEAT

They could hang their flags across the newly ad-free roof of the executive boxes!
Block A on 20:46 - Aug 13 with 2956 views3_5_2

We sit in the lower magnus family enclosure and it was definitely better with them being in block A loved the bouncing

Thought the rest of the stand were louder, more involved too

Seen numerous Stoke fans saying what a great atmosphere there was

Leeds will be noisy and will say we were crap regardless of the truth !!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Block A on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 2875 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Block A on 20:46 - Aug 13 by 3_5_2

We sit in the lower magnus family enclosure and it was definitely better with them being in block A loved the bouncing

Thought the rest of the stand were louder, more involved too

Seen numerous Stoke fans saying what a great atmosphere there was

Leeds will be noisy and will say we were crap regardless of the truth !!

The bouncing was brilliant. The guys were unrelenting in driving the team on. Even at times when the game was a bit flat they ramped up another song, even got a few in the quiet blocks going !

Leeds should be interesting, I wonder if their fans can get through a game without throwing a single lighter.
Block A on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 2806 viewsazuremerlangus

Stoke fans initially made a bit of noise but it didn’t last.

Block A noise made it’s way nicely down to block E which probably why the away fans gave in. Makes sense as that block is always last to sell and in effect extends the SBR too.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Block A on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 2558 viewsnodge_blue

I thought it worked well. Sitting in the Magnus stand I thought it felt louder and the noise was coming at me more.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Block A on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 1985 viewsgeg1992

I sit in the Sir Alf as does my colleague. Neither of us could really hear Blue Action from where we sit, near the away fans.

I noted there was often more than one chant in the North stand. It created a wall of noise which was cool like another poster mentioned.

Although not as loud from where I sit, I'm sure it made a lot of difference where it matters. I probably sit in the only area that wouldn't experience the benefit as such.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Block A on 10:12 - Aug 14 with 1802 viewssoupytwist

Block A on 09:14 - Aug 14 by geg1992

I sit in the Sir Alf as does my colleague. Neither of us could really hear Blue Action from where we sit, near the away fans.

I noted there was often more than one chant in the North stand. It created a wall of noise which was cool like another poster mentioned.

Although not as loud from where I sit, I'm sure it made a lot of difference where it matters. I probably sit in the only area that wouldn't experience the benefit as such.

I'm also in the Sir Alf, upper tier behind the goal, and thought what noise there was coming that part of the ground was probably encouraged by the fact that we could hear quite a bit coming from the Cobbold and North.

A positive start, will be interesting to see how we get on in a few weeks against the massive wall of noise that will be generated by the tiny minority of Leeds fans who are able to get a ticket (compared to those who would travel if only we had a decent size ground like theirs) for the most eagerly awaited game of our season.
I’m in Churchman’s upper…. on 11:46 - Aug 14 with 1565 viewsBloots

Block A on 10:12 - Aug 14 by soupytwist

I'm also in the Sir Alf, upper tier behind the goal, and thought what noise there was coming that part of the ground was probably encouraged by the fact that we could hear quite a bit coming from the Cobbold and North.

A positive start, will be interesting to see how we get on in a few weeks against the massive wall of noise that will be generated by the tiny minority of Leeds fans who are able to get a ticket (compared to those who would travel if only we had a decent size ground like theirs) for the most eagerly awaited game of our season.

….next to the away fans.

Disappointingly we couldn’t see or hear BA at all.

From our spot the atmosphere seemed a little subdued compared to last year.

I like them though, good lads.

Keep up the good work.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Block A on 13:57 - Aug 14 with 1390 viewsStu_Magoo

We're in SBR Lower, right in the middle. Could hear BA very well.

One thing I might suggest is them keeping each chant going for a bit longer than usual, it might help spread all the way across the North Stand and then go for another couple of rounds with everyone all together.
Block A on 15:31 - Aug 14 with 1268 viewsBobbychase

Block A on 13:57 - Aug 14 by Stu_Magoo

We're in SBR Lower, right in the middle. Could hear BA very well.

One thing I might suggest is them keeping each chant going for a bit longer than usual, it might help spread all the way across the North Stand and then go for another couple of rounds with everyone all together.

I was worried the ground would revert to its usual silent self after the joy of the Exeter game when all four stands got involved, but there was an element of that on Saturday, saw Sir Alf end up and singing a couple of times.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024