Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! 22:10 - Mar 28 with 4647 viewsvilanovablue

Almost alarmingly so. Win that and we are in the mix.
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:14 - Mar 28 with 3816 viewsStewart27

We’re in the mix already.

Beat them and the dream starts to become a reality again.

Not sure if I want it to mind!
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:15 - Mar 28 with 3806 viewsunstableblue

Yup! If we can keep the form and performance levels shown at Bolton and at home to Shrews and take 3 points at Pride Park we would be rocking

But I think Warne is going to make this a hard one, they need to turn their form round and quickly. Huge game for both teams.

Exciting times.

The West Country derby, midday kick off in 3 weeks is going to a humdinger and Exeter seem to bang in form. Definite banana skin for Plymouth, but Town have got to focus on their own sh!t

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:17 - Mar 28 with 3752 viewstextbackup

Have this down as a draw for us.

And with results going the way they have I still don’t think a draw would be the end of the world. (But obviously want a win)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:27 - Mar 28 with 3628 viewsIllinoisblue

Huuuggggggeeeeeee massive large game. Big ol bastard of a game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:27 - Mar 28 with 3613 viewsWestSussexBlue

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:17 - Mar 28 by textbackup

And with results going the way they have I still don’t think a draw would be the end of the world. (But obviously want a win)

I think we need 4 points from our games against Derby and Barnsley to be serious contenders for Top 2 so Three points Saturday would be huge.
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:31 - Mar 28 with 3577 viewsvilanovablue

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:14 - Mar 28 by Stewart27

We’re in the mix already.

Beat them and the dream starts to become a reality again.

Not sure if I want it to mind!

For me this a result that was so important. We don't really want to be chased, Barnsley had been bang in form. Having some breathing space below is helpful,in my opinion.
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:33 - Mar 28 with 3544 viewsITFC_Forever

Not really.

18-20 points will probably be enough, which leaves room for some dropped points.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:34 - Mar 28 with 3536 viewsStewart27

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:17 - Mar 28 by textbackup

Yep.

I’d actually take a draw now. 0-0 preferably to keep the clean run going.

Sorry fans who are going. You lucky b@&£@&£s!
Login to get fewer ads

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:38 - Mar 28 with 3444 viewsTheBoyBlue

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:33 - Mar 28 by ITFC_Forever

Not really.

18-20 points will probably be enough, which leaves room for some dropped points.

Especially as we will drop points. Superb as we've been and with the best will in the world, we're not going to finish the season with a 15 match winning streak. The results of the last week give us a bit of breathing space. And of course the others will drop some points though. Hopefully lots, but that would also be a lot to expect.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:40 - Mar 28 with 3405 viewsPinewoodblue

We just need to concentrate on getting positive results one game at a time.

Having said that who knows we might just be crowned as Champions in our last home game, against Exeter.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:18 - Mar 28 with 3225 viewsChurchman

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 22:38 - Mar 28 by TheBoyBlue

Especially as we will drop points. Superb as we've been and with the best will in the world, we're not going to finish the season with a 15 match winning streak. The results of the last week give us a bit of breathing space. And of course the others will drop some points though. Hopefully lots, but that would also be a lot to expect.

Sadly, you are right but you just hope, don’t you. One game at a time etc.

I look at the way we are playing and think ‘could we?’. Realistically no. If the past week has confirmed anything, it’s that predicting results is a good way of scrambling the brain. I had Wednesday down for 4 points from their two games and Barnsley the same, given the form they’re in. I also thought we’d draw at Bolton. Doh!
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:25 - Mar 28 with 3132 viewsStokieBlue

"Alarmingly so".

Impressive hyperbole.

Trust the team and the management, it's fine.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:38 - Mar 28 with 3075 viewsBigCommon

Thing we've got in our favor, more so than our rivals, imo, is that we are such a different animal to the last time any of our remaining oppo played us.. We are looking like we are growing stronger, whilst some rivals are looking jaded... Wednesday have looked ragged for weeks, and, imo, were fortunate to extend their unbeaten run for as long as they did. Barnsleys high energy pressing game, is something they can't sustain for 90 minutes, and will eat into their squad with all their Sat, Tue,Sat Tue weeks to go.... We've strengthened well on the window and have a few more bodies coming back into the frame, too.
I think we are in a really good place atm. We are much harder to work out, scoring all types of goals, from quick counter attacks, to more direct long balls, set pieces, and our usuall passing game... We've scored more goals than anyone else, we are currently on the L1 best unbeaten run, and we've lost fewer games than anyone else in the division.... I don't see why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season. Hopefully including enough wins in the process.. A draw is not a bad result at Derby. But given both teams respective form, I think we could come away with the 3 pts. Can see their crowd getting a bit nervy if we keep them quiet and/or get our noses in front....
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:46 - Mar 28 with 3038 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s so mahoosively gargantuan that I might even do a Rommy Report for the first time in years on the train home afterwards.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 03:13 - Mar 29 with 2781 viewsIllinoisblue

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:46 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s so mahoosively gargantuan that I might even do a Rommy Report for the first time in years on the train home afterwards.

Do it. If we can get Harry from Bath out of retirement too the TWTD servers will catch fire.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 04:34 - Mar 29 with 2702 viewsChrisd

Looking at our run in, we’ve got some really tough games remaining, particularly away from home starting with Derby on Saturday. Certainly not home and hosed quite yet, but very enjoyable to be in the promotion race.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 05:17 - Mar 29 with 2676 viewspennblue

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 04:34 - Mar 29 by Chrisd

Looking at our run in, we’ve got some really tough games remaining, particularly away from home starting with Derby on Saturday. Certainly not home and hosed quite yet, but very enjoyable to be in the promotion race.

I think we need 3pts Saturday for sure. I still cannot see Plymouth and Sheff Wed dropping that many points.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 05:34 - Mar 29 with 2633 viewsfranz_tyson

Can we try and get this game cancelled? Flu epidemic os something. We're doing great by not playing ans we might have the title sown up in a few weeks if we're not playing.
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 05:42 - Mar 29 with 2613 viewsPioneerBlue

We’ve been in the mix since the first 5 games.

Every game has been a ‘big game’ since February, these games are no bigger, the need to take one game at a time, win as many games as possible has not changed. Derby is one more game in the same sequence that allows us, should we win to keep high pressure on those ahead of us.

Collectively, one game at a time, if we start getting ahead of ourselves we will be punished.

All that said, I understand why you say Derby has significance because it feels like an opportunity to close a gap but nothing has really changed, we need to win games relentlessly, unless we do others will finish ahead of us.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 07:45 - Mar 29 with 2251 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m getting my prediction in early 1-1. Derby seem to be scoring goals fairly fluently but haven’t had many clean sheets.. Lost their last game at home to Fleetwood.

But Derby will need something from the game. Badly.
The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 08:02 - Mar 29 with 2146 viewsPinewoodblue

Many regard Easter as a time when relegation and promotion issues are settled. It isn’t necessarily true but after the next three games the situation will become clearer.

From Easter onwards it will be up to the top two not to throw it away.

Each and every game from here in is going to be significant.

It would be much better if we went into the last game with promotion already having been secured in front of a full Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 08:04 - Mar 29 with 2137 viewsNthQldITFC

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 23:38 - Mar 28 by BigCommon

Thing we've got in our favor, more so than our rivals, imo, is that we are such a different animal to the last time any of our remaining oppo played us.. We are looking like we are growing stronger, whilst some rivals are looking jaded... Wednesday have looked ragged for weeks, and, imo, were fortunate to extend their unbeaten run for as long as they did. Barnsleys high energy pressing game, is something they can't sustain for 90 minutes, and will eat into their squad with all their Sat, Tue,Sat Tue weeks to go.... We've strengthened well on the window and have a few more bodies coming back into the frame, too.
I think we are in a really good place atm. We are much harder to work out, scoring all types of goals, from quick counter attacks, to more direct long balls, set pieces, and our usuall passing game... We've scored more goals than anyone else, we are currently on the L1 best unbeaten run, and we've lost fewer games than anyone else in the division.... I don't see why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season. Hopefully including enough wins in the process.. A draw is not a bad result at Derby. But given both teams respective form, I think we could come away with the 3 pts. Can see their crowd getting a bit nervy if we keep them quiet and/or get our noses in front....

I was quite amazed (and worried) by how fast Barnsley started last night. Do they always go off like that? I've rarely seen a team put so much into the first half an hour only to inevitably fade badly in the second half. Big gamble to get in front and then suppress the opposition I guess, but it REALLY backfired last night.

As you say, we are a much, much better balanced club than any of our rivals, not just in terms of personnel and the way we play, but in terms of composure, discipline and controlled aggression now, I think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 08:18 - Mar 29 with 2009 viewsMetal_Hacker

Personally for me it's no bigger than before - we could still do with a result as we could before the start of this week

It's all about us not the others ... isn't it ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 08:30 - Mar 29 with 1960 viewsWallingford_Boy

It’s certainly not a must win, a draw isn’t a disaster, but we really do need the three points to keep right amongst it.

Any slip and the gap is likely to be six points, which would be a real blow after all the recent work.

RIP Sir Bobby

The Derby game is now ridiculously significant ! on 08:37 - Mar 29 with 1930 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Exactly. We are going to drop points in the final stretch, and so will everybody else. It is neither won nor lost on Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024